Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 801

post #8001 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeerK View Post

cache ratio voltage
ok then my "vring" is set to 1.39
post #8002 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dow View Post


ok then my "vring" is set to 1.39

1.39v? what is your cache ratio now? It wouldn't be bad to have a lower vring than vcore.
post #8003 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeerK View Post

1.39v? what is your cache ratio now? It wouldn't be bad to have a lower vring than vcore.
45
post #8004 of 19539
Just thought I'd give a little update about my system. The 4770k and hero will be in a second build as soon as a friend gets back from vacation and I can throw it in a case he has for me. Just finished modding my case to fit the x79 dark and dang... it is freaking close. If I needed even a mm more it would have required a new case or a new custom top plate for fit my current rad. Here's the test fit for it to show you how crazy close it is.



Edit: I still hang out over here telling the newbies to look at the OP. wink.gif
Edited by jameyscott - 1/10/14 at 1:17am
post #8005 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dow View Post

45

are you also using z87 sabertooth.?

well im stucked at 44x and trying to stabilize 45x but no.

45x multiplier with 1.38v
cache ratio 35x : 1.15v

vccin: 2.0v


rams are at 1600 with 1.51v


cant survive the 2nd pass at x264 but can run 3-4 hours on aida64. temps 80 ish

1.38 not being enough for 45x is killing me. i had to drop 2 cores to 44x and 2 goes on at 45x

whats your current voltages. i still dont get what im doing wrong
post #8006 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hhead View Post

are you also using z87 sabertooth.?

well im stucked at 44x and trying to stabilize 45x but no.

45x multiplier with 1.38v
cache ratio 35x : 1.15v

vccin: 2.0v


rams are at 1600 with 1.51v


cant survive the 2nd pass at x264 but can run 3-4 hours on aida64. temps 80 ish

1.38 not being enough for 45x is killing me. i had to drop 2 cores to 44x and 2 goes on at 45x

whats your current voltages. i still dont get what im doing wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Mobo has very little role in CPU OC though (mostly specifics like how they handle manual voltage or turbo's) and a baseline like the z87x-d3h has really nice VRM setup and can push as many volts as you want on air/water safe and cool, aside from that, can't really go back and ask 100 people which mobo they used biggrin.gif


Im dealing with 45x aswell and i have got it stable for 9 hours+ x2 in AIDA64,, CPU+FPU checked. I had some trouble with x264 when i raised my input voltage more than 1.95v. It crashed at 1.98-2v after about 50 min but passed aida somehow. Now at 1.95v input and vcore 1.37v i can pass x20 rounds with X264. I have been playing BF3 MP aswell for like 10 hours with no problems. But now i must try to raise my ram / uncore to check them also.
post #8007 of 19539
1.39Vring is a bit high IMO. I wouldn't feel comfortable with it above 1.28 (1.30 as reported in HWInfo).

Mobo SKU won't have any effect on these 24/7 style overclocks. For reference, I've booted into windows at 4.9ghz @ 1.45v on my Z87 Gryphon (the matx version of the sabretooth)
post #8008 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob78 View Post


Im dealing with 45x aswell and i have got it stable for 9 hours+ x2 in AIDA64,, CPU+FPU checked. I had some trouble with x264 when i raised my input voltage more than 1.95v. It crashed at 1.98-2v after about 50 min but passed aida somehow. Now at 1.95v input and vcore 1.37v i can pass x20 rounds with X264. I have been playing BF3 MP aswell for like 10 hours with no problems. But now i must try to raise my ram / uncore to check them also.

maybe i should lower input to 1.95 and try again. i just passed 5th loop for phase2 at x264. im going for 20 now.
and when im testing with aida im checking all of them. does it matter?
post #8009 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Don't raise uncore, just give ~1.85 vrin and raise vcore by like 0.02
I was thinking samething ,
Increase Vrin for 4.3G OC keeping Vcore-1.180V , Uncore-35x : Test IBT / X264
Stepping up Vcore till 1.195V till it's stable with Vrin-1.85V ( Fixed )
One more thing about x264 testing , what is access denied error ? Even if my stability test fails on x264 will i get fail report as access denied ?
How about Intel's XTU version-4.2 for stability test ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post

BF4 crashes my system even when I'm bench/stress test stable. I don't even bother w/ anything else anymore. But heck, I'm stuck @ 4.2G/1.3V, lol!

GOOD LUCK!!!
But i got " WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR " on BF4 BSOD which i also got while doing IBT stress testing. LOL i am perplexed to be honest right now.
4.2@1.3V hmmm voltage loving chip you got.smile.gif
Blue X7
(12 items)
 
Blue X5
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
5820K  Asus Rampage V Extreme Rx 480 8 GB Samsung 256 Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i MS Win10 64 Pro Dell ST2220L Logitech G110 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 1200AXi Razer DA Chorma Razer Goliatus Control Asus DGX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asus Z97 Maximus Ranger  GTX 760 Gskill 2133 2x4 GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 120 Evo WD 2TB Green Corsair H100i GTX Win 8.110 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2220L Logitech G105 Seasonic S12 II 620W Corsair 300R 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Death Adder 2013 Razer Goliatus Control Asus DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue X7
(12 items)
 
Blue X5
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
5820K  Asus Rampage V Extreme Rx 480 8 GB Samsung 256 Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i MS Win10 64 Pro Dell ST2220L Logitech G110 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 1200AXi Razer DA Chorma Razer Goliatus Control Asus DGX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asus Z97 Maximus Ranger  GTX 760 Gskill 2133 2x4 GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 120 Evo WD 2TB Green Corsair H100i GTX Win 8.110 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2220L Logitech G105 Seasonic S12 II 620W Corsair 300R 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Death Adder 2013 Razer Goliatus Control Asus DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8010 of 19539
Same. Fixed by adding vcore. Yes, my chip sucks. Loads @ 69C in BF4.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]