Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 823

post #8221 of 19540
I have not touched bclk at all. Currently set my llc to lvl4 as my computer from at lvl3. Running x264 at the moment to get an idea of stability before running xtu.
PC Build
(13 items)
 
SFF Node 304
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte X38-DS4 VisionTek HD3870 512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
1x320GB Seagate; 1x500 WD Samsung S203N Gateway 18.1" LCD PC Power & Cooling 750 Silencer 
Case
CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
PC Build
(13 items)
 
SFF Node 304
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte X38-DS4 VisionTek HD3870 512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
1x320GB Seagate; 1x500 WD Samsung S203N Gateway 18.1" LCD PC Power & Cooling 750 Silencer 
Case
CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8222 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post

Does LLC stand for CPU Line Load Calibration? Mine was set to Level 1 on my BIOS. I have level 1-5. Right now I set it to Level 3 and dropped Vrin to 1.90V. I am about to test out my system with XTU first then x264 20-30passes.

Should I start off at Level 3 or go all the way to Level 5?

lvl 4-5 if that's highest
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8223 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post

Does LLC stand for CPU Line Load Calibration? Mine was set to Level 1 on my BIOS. I have level 1-5. Right now I set it to Level 3 and dropped Vrin to 1.90V. I am about to test out my system with XTU first then x264 20-30passes.

Should I start off at Level 3 or go all the way to Level 5?

It stands for Load Line Calibration, yes, but on Haswell it only affects the CPU Input Voltage (VRIN) not the actual CPU voltage. CPU LLC is controlled (and not in a user changeable way apparently) by the FIVR.
post #8224 of 19540
Thanks for all of the info on LLC. I ran x264 25pass and it was ok. This was a LLC lvl4 with 1.90Vrin. I have now gone to 1.85Vrin at lvl5 and going to test it out. If passing will moved down to 1.80Vrin if possible.
PC Build
(13 items)
 
SFF Node 304
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte X38-DS4 VisionTek HD3870 512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
1x320GB Seagate; 1x500 WD Samsung S203N Gateway 18.1" LCD PC Power & Cooling 750 Silencer 
Case
CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
PC Build
(13 items)
 
SFF Node 304
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte X38-DS4 VisionTek HD3870 512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
1x320GB Seagate; 1x500 WD Samsung S203N Gateway 18.1" LCD PC Power & Cooling 750 Silencer 
Case
CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8225 of 19540
I just got the black screen of death, guys...

Alls I did was change to load the defaults and wham, well first I'd put BLCK first over ratio, then it wouldn't load, then I changed to load optimitzed defaults and wham! Now it will never post BIOS just black screen. IT's Over! To the shop I go to get a diagnosis, of course, they's bees making money of of me while they figure out what has died. I tried unplugging one of the memory sticks to no avail. The mobo green light is still on, the PSE still works, the H100i still fanning away, Case fans still at full force, graphics card fans still spinning, There are red lights on the right side of the memory that flash once when you turn it on, I'm guessing that's normal, if the cpu is dead then would not all this not work?? Anyway, black screen of death...maybe it;s time to build a cheaper computer with an older better chip, whatdaya say???? 2600K, 3570K, or 3770K? I still have all these parts..will these chips run a GTX 780? Also, I'm looking for FSB overclock...which chip is best for FSB? Also, I'd have to buy a 1155 socket mobo right? I have SSD drive already. R4 Define Case. I was getting tired of this frickin Haswell chip anyway, time to move on!

I'm writing this from my old laptop I'd quit using back in Nov. STill a fine Sony F-series laptop, of course you can't OC it. I'd like to build a cheap old pc that's geared toward the FSB OCing Using programs like SetFSB etc etc
Edited by D-Dow - 1/14/14 at 8:44pm
post #8226 of 19540
There is no "black screen of death"... Clear CMOS
post #8227 of 19540
Blck overclocking on haswell is like trying to achieve 5.0 with .01vcore. It's not going to happen.

Blck overclocking is ver6 useful in sb and ivy, but haswell its kinda a no no.
post #8228 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dow View Post

I just got the black screen of death, guys...

Alls I did was change to load the defaults and wham, well first I'd put BLCK first over ratio, then it wouldn't load, then I changed to load optimitzed defaults and wham! Now it will never post BIOS just black screen. IT's Over! To the shop I go to get a diagnosis, of course, they's bees making money of of me while they figure out what has died. I tried unplugging one of the memory sticks to no avail. The mobo green light is still on, the PSE still works, the H100i still fanning away, Case fans still at full force, graphics card fans still spinning, There are red lights on the right side of the memory that flash once when you turn it on, I'm guessing that's normal, if the cpu is dead then would not all this not work?? Anyway, black screen of death...maybe it;s time to build a cheaper computer with an older better chip, whatdaya say???? 2600K, 3570K, or 3770K? I still have all these parts..will these chips run a GTX 780? Also, I'm looking for FSB overclock...which chip is best for FSB? Also, I'd have to buy a 1155 socket mobo right? I have SSD drive already. R4 Define Case. I was getting tired of this frickin Haswell chip anyway, time to move on!

I'm writing this from my old laptop I'd quit using back in Nov. STill a fine Sony F-series laptop, of course you can't OC it. I'd like to build a cheap old pc that's geared toward the FSB OCing Using programs like SetFSB etc etc

Keep in mind that when you mess with the BLCK, you're not just messing with the CPu's frequency, you're messing with other components as well....With Haswell, you'll achieve waayyyy higher overclocks using the multiplier, and you'll be able to individually tune everything....

Did you happen to opt for Intel's Performance Tuning Plan? That would be a covered replacement right there....
post #8229 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

There is no "black screen of death"... Clear CMOS
ho

So I just stick my hand in there and pull the battery out? Not standing on carpet of course. Just use my fingers?
post #8230 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dow View Post

ho

So I just stick my hand in there and pull the battery out? Not standing on carpet of course. Just use my fingers?

It might be a good idea to ground yourself on the case before you go touching your mobo....thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]