Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 827

post #8261 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dow View Post

Ok guys, now it's OK, after I Reset the CMOS by jumper 3-pin very easy, but right after it gave me errors after boot to windows/blue screen, but now, for some odd bleeping reason everything is ok. Back at stock now. As mentioned before, on load I hardly ever get above 60 degrees. I have a solid build but the haswell chip is AT a WALL at 4.7 for me.

4.7 is very good. And for someone who is OCD like me 4770k at 4.7 is perfectly acceptable.
post #8262 of 19540
Can anyone see anything majorly wrong with this setup?

For some reason I can't even get 4.4ghz stable on this 4670. The temps are fine (H100i), but even running on 1.41 vcore it won't run 4.4. I must be missing something here. I'm not really sure HWMonitor is even reporting correctly though.

Bgz437z.png
Brawler
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670k Asus Z87-A EVGA 770 GTX SC w/ACX G.Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 600 Series SSD Samsung 840 EVO SSD Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Asus VS248H-P Seasonic SS-660XP2 Fractal Midi R2 
  hide details  
Reply
Brawler
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670k Asus Z87-A EVGA 770 GTX SC w/ACX G.Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 600 Series SSD Samsung 840 EVO SSD Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Asus VS248H-P Seasonic SS-660XP2 Fractal Midi R2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8263 of 19540
Got a batch of new OC results I wanted to share and get some opinions on.

Thoughts and questions from my results:

- Should I keep stepping down the voltage bit by bit? Until I no longer have stability on 30 minute tests?
- Prime95 Blend is getting things toasty... a bit too toasty for my liking. The above point to lower volts might lower this max temp, should I do that?
- Autovolts suck for higher multipliers, I guess it's the lower auto voltages that kick in occasionally that lead to instability?
- Why is MinerD.exe hard freezing my system? It isn't running things as hot as Aida64 OR Prime95, and those two stress tests have stability for over 30min.

44x @ auto volts.
XMP profile for ram.
Aida64 cpu/fpu/cache/memory stress test.
No LLC set.
Failed. 7 mins in.
Hitting max 1.328v.

44x @ manual 1.328v. (Seen as 1.344v). XMP profile.
Aida64 cpu/fpu/cache/memory stress test.
No LLC set.
Passed. 30 mins.
Max temp 78c.

44x @ manual 1.328v. (Seen as 1.344v).
XMP profile.
P95 Blend stress test.
No LLC set.
Passed 30 min. Failed in temperature.
Occasionally hitting 93c starting at the 20min mark. Temps fine up until that point.

44x @ manual 1.319v/1.320v. (Seen as 1.328v).
XMP profile.
Aida64 cpu/fpu/cache/memory stress test.
No LLC set.
Passed 30min.
Max temp 77c.

44x @ manual 1.319v/1.320v. (Seen as 1.328v).
XMP profile.
P95 Blend stress test.
No LLC set.
Passed 30min. Failed in temperature.
Hitting 93c often.

44x @ manual 1.319v/1.320v. (Seen as 1.328v).
XMP profile.
Running MinerD.exe (Crypto currency mining application).
No LLC set.
Failed in under 10 min. Passed in temperatures.
Max 73c or so.
post #8264 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyorik View Post

Can anyone see anything majorly wrong with this setup?

For some reason I can't even get 4.4ghz stable on this 4670. The temps are fine (H100i), but even running on 1.41 vcore it won't run 4.4. I must be missing something here. I'm not really sure HWMonitor is even reporting correctly though.

Bgz437z.png

You need to manually set VRIN.

Start by setting ~1.85vrin with high LLC level and see what core multi you can stabilize with 1.23 bios vcore. See if it's high or low, then work from there. Also make sure your uncore is not auto-ocing with the core, you can set it to 33x manually to prevent that (and 1.15 ring/cache is more than enough for safety)
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8265 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticode View Post

Got a batch of new OC results I wanted to share and get some opinions on.

Thoughts and questions from my results:

- Should I keep stepping down the voltage bit by bit? Until I no longer have stability on 30 minute tests?
- Prime95 Blend is getting things toasty... a bit too toasty for my liking. The above point to lower volts might lower this max temp, should I do that?
- Autovolts suck for higher multipliers, I guess it's the lower auto voltages that kick in occasionally that lead to instability?
- Why is MinerD.exe hard freezing my system? It isn't running things as hot as Aida64 OR Prime95, and those two stress tests have stability for over 30min.

44x @ auto volts.
XMP profile for ram.
Aida64 cpu/fpu/cache/memory stress test.
No LLC set.
Failed. 7 mins in.
Hitting max 1.328v.

44x @ manual 1.328v. (Seen as 1.344v). XMP profile.
Aida64 cpu/fpu/cache/memory stress test.
No LLC set.
Passed. 30 mins.
Max temp 78c.

44x @ manual 1.328v. (Seen as 1.344v).
XMP profile.
P95 Blend stress test.
No LLC set.
Passed 30 min. Failed in temperature.
Occasionally hitting 93c starting at the 20min mark. Temps fine up until that point.

44x @ manual 1.319v/1.320v. (Seen as 1.328v).
XMP profile.
Aida64 cpu/fpu/cache/memory stress test.
No LLC set.
Passed 30min.
Max temp 77c.

44x @ manual 1.319v/1.320v. (Seen as 1.328v).
XMP profile.
P95 Blend stress test.
No LLC set.
Passed 30min. Failed in temperature.
Hitting 93c often.

44x @ manual 1.319v/1.320v. (Seen as 1.328v).
XMP profile.
Running MinerD.exe (Crypto currency mining application).
No LLC set.
Failed in under 10 min. Passed in temperatures.
Max 73c or so.

Hot isn't necessarily = to most stable, maybe just need more volts. Manually setting VRIN and llc is important if you're hitting ~1.3v range because it'll start to cause problems otherwise
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8266 of 19540
is it normal for one of my cores to be a lot cooler than the other ones?

My core #3 is 8-10 degrees celsius cooler than my other cores normally
Gaming Rig 2015
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k @ 4.4 Asus X99m-ws Sapphire R9 Fury OC (3,840 SP) 32GB (8GB x 4) G.Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Samsung Evo LG WH14NS40 Noctua NH-D15S Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus MG279Q Coolermaster Tenkeyless Antec HCP-850 Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Steelseries Qck AKG K712 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig 2015
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k @ 4.4 Asus X99m-ws Sapphire R9 Fury OC (3,840 SP) 32GB (8GB x 4) G.Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Samsung Evo LG WH14NS40 Noctua NH-D15S Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus MG279Q Coolermaster Tenkeyless Antec HCP-850 Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Steelseries Qck AKG K712 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8267 of 19540
It's somewhat common
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8268 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Hot isn't necessarily = to most stable, maybe just need more volts. Manually setting VRIN and llc is important if you're hitting ~1.3v range because it'll start to cause problems otherwise

Right, but why would two very "typically run things hot and loads of power requirement" run things fine for 30 mins, but then MinerD which runs cooler cause a hard freeze?
post #8269 of 19540
Linx draws more than 1.5x as much power as x264 but it doesn't catch some of the same instabilities
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8270 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Linx draws more than 1.5x as much power as x264 but it doesn't catch some of the same instabilities

Sorry to newb out on you, but could you please elaborate?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]