Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 887

post #8861 of 19602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its L0G4N View Post

What?
Try to run 20 times in x264 with that setting. If you find any vrin would slow your crash. Write it down.
post #8862 of 19602
decided to run IBT ..... temps do get high! , but i ran it with no problem's wink.gif


anyone no what the CPU (PECI) is ???
Edited by lilchronic - 1/21/14 at 9:00pm
Daily Rig
(21 items)
 
Bench Setup
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k 4.7Ghz @ 1.28vcore / 1.88vccin Gigabyte x99 SOC Champion EVGA GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 32GB 3200Mhz CL14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Intel 520 120Gb SSD in RAID 0  Intel 180Gb 530 SSD OS Drive 2Tb WD HDD  2x Intel 730 SSD 480GB in RAID 0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x HWLabs GTX360 Black Ice in Push Pull EK blocks for CPU / GPU's 6x corsair sp120 2350RPM 6x Ek Vardar 120 F4's 2200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 XB270HU 2560x1440 - 144Hz - G-sync Razor blackwidow cooler master V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 780T EVGA TORQ x10 evga mouse pad 2.1 audio / Hyper X cloud II / Sennheiser Gam... 
Other
EK pump / res 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6600k Z170M OC Formula GTX780Ti AMD HD6450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Trident Z 3600Mhz cl16 2x8GB 120Gb intel 520 120Gb intel 520 64Gb adata ssd  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
750Gb WD Black Sony  F1 Gemini CPU Pot Tek - 9 Fat 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
custom loop two 240rad's xp,W7,W8,W10 x-star 2560x1440  Rosewill Quark-650 Platinum / Antec HCP-850 Pla... 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Dimastech Mini V1.0 black razor abyssus Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
Daily Rig
(21 items)
 
Bench Setup
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k 4.7Ghz @ 1.28vcore / 1.88vccin Gigabyte x99 SOC Champion EVGA GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 32GB 3200Mhz CL14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Intel 520 120Gb SSD in RAID 0  Intel 180Gb 530 SSD OS Drive 2Tb WD HDD  2x Intel 730 SSD 480GB in RAID 0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x HWLabs GTX360 Black Ice in Push Pull EK blocks for CPU / GPU's 6x corsair sp120 2350RPM 6x Ek Vardar 120 F4's 2200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 XB270HU 2560x1440 - 144Hz - G-sync Razor blackwidow cooler master V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 780T EVGA TORQ x10 evga mouse pad 2.1 audio / Hyper X cloud II / Sennheiser Gam... 
Other
EK pump / res 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6600k Z170M OC Formula GTX780Ti AMD HD6450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Trident Z 3600Mhz cl16 2x8GB 120Gb intel 520 120Gb intel 520 64Gb adata ssd  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
750Gb WD Black Sony  F1 Gemini CPU Pot Tek - 9 Fat 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
custom loop two 240rad's xp,W7,W8,W10 x-star 2560x1440  Rosewill Quark-650 Platinum / Antec HCP-850 Pla... 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Dimastech Mini V1.0 black razor abyssus Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8863 of 19602
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyking View Post

Try to run 20 times in x264 with that setting. If you find any vrin would slow your crash. Write it down.

With the settings you posted on the last page? I'm stable at 30 times on x264 with my current settings with 4.6GHz.
post #8864 of 19602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its L0G4N View Post

With the settings you posted on the last page? I'm stable at 30 times on x264 with my current settings with 4.6GHz.
4.8 or 4.9 ghz for the next one? I don't know what your target. I am going for 4.9ghz.
post #8865 of 19602
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchronic View Post

decided to run IBT ..... temps do get high! , but i ran it with no problem's wink.gif


anyone no what the CPU (PECI) is ???

I made an auto throttle that only kicks in during synthetic avx loads



Not the most effective at these settings, and little point of using it because these loads never actually come up for any reason, but hey i was bored
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8866 of 19602
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyking View Post

4.8 or 4.9 ghz for the next one? I don't know what your target. I am going for 4.9ghz.

i'm going for 4.7 and then i'll stop overclocking.
post #8867 of 19602
So im getting mixed messages here, what is the point of putting uncore cache ratio to 34,35, doesn't the overclock act as a cpu boost kind of thing? and why does other people suggest putting it around 300mhz less than the overclock? what is the difference? because I see none. Especially when having it to manual(34,35) makes the overclock much more stable.
post #8868 of 19602
You put to manual like 33x and 1.15 volts to it while overclocking the core, just like you put RAM down - so that only core problems can throw 124 and 101 bluescreens, instead of Uncore also throwing 124, and IMC etc also throwing 101. It's easier to know what's unstable.

As part of OC process, when you have the core multi you want, you'd put RAM to full clocks, then also overclock the uncore. You can adress and fix instability as you go. Increasing uncore clock has very slight performance benefits, but they're very slim to almost none in most applications
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8869 of 19602
Quote:
Originally Posted by paramazon View Post

So im getting mixed messages here, what is the point of putting uncore cache ratio to 34,35, doesn't the overclock act as a cpu boost kind of thing? and why does other people suggest putting it around 300mhz less than the overclock? what is the difference? because I see none. Especially when having it to manual(34,35) makes the overclock much more stable.

Setting the cache to a manual multiplier of 34 or 35 (depending on 4670k or 4770k) helps to reduce the amount of variables that can be causing instability. If you want to know more about the impact that cache has on your overclock settings, then I greatly suggest that you read the other pages in this thread - they contain A LOT of valuable information regarding that.

I've seen the information you're talking about regarding the core being ~300mhz within the range of the CPU speed, but it's really unnecessary. The cache is actually really fast on it's own, so it will not be causing a bottleneck with your CPU. With my 4.6ghz OC on my CPU, I have my cache set at 38x (what the cache would boost to anyways).

Hope this clears some things up....thumb.gif
post #8870 of 19602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

You put to manual like 33x and 1.15 volts to it while overclocking the core, just like you put RAM down - so that only core problems can throw 124 and 101 bluescreens, instead of Uncore also throwing 124, and IMC etc also throwing 101. It's easier to know what's unstable.

As part of OC process, when you have the core multi you want, you'd put RAM to full clocks, then also overclock the uncore. You can adress and fix instability as you go. Increasing uncore clock has very slight performance benefits, but they're very slim to almost none in most applications

So it would be little to no impact if lets say i started raising the uncore to about the 38x, 39x mark? well i put my ram to manual anyways and its only 1600mhz so idc about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

Setting the cache to a manual multiplier of 34 or 35 (depending on 4670k or 4770k) helps to reduce the amount of variables that can be causing instability. If you want to know more about the impact that cache has on your overclock settings, then I greatly suggest that you read the other pages in this thread - they contain A LOT of valuable information regarding that.

I've seen the information you're talking about regarding the core being ~300mhz within the range of the CPU speed, but it's really unnecessary. The cache is actually really fast on it's own, so it will not be causing a bottleneck with your CPU. With my 4.6ghz OC on my CPU, I have my cache set at 38x (what the cache would boost to anyways).

Hope this clears some things up....thumb.gif

At what point would a 34x multiplier be a bottleneck? 4.5?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]