Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 896

post #8951 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign32 View Post

well I had the chance to setup the rad to intake. temps are at 63C now so that seems to help. I tried 4.8 at 1.34v and vrin of 1.95. x264 crashes halfway through the first run. frown.gif I have llc set to 100%. vcore jumps to 1.36v on load. I guess I'll give 1.35v a shot. the temps didn't skyrocket while x264 was running. about 66-67c. only thing is I can't access bios as I enabled windows 8 fastboot and my stupid wireless KB can't connect fast enough. first world problems :|

If I'm not mistaken, there's a reboot setting which allows you to go into BIOS in the PC settings app. That's how I used to get to the BIOS on my Win8 laptop.
post #8952 of 19540
sw 7 sw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post

If I'm not mistaken, there's a reboot setting which allows you to go into BIOS in the PC settings app. That's how I used to get to the BIOS on my Win8 laptop.

I'm running windows 7 XD

I'm just going to by a ps2 KB after work and deal with it that way.
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #8953 of 19540
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign32 View Post

well I had the chance to setup the rad to intake. temps are at 63C now so that seems to help. I tried 4.8 at 1.34v and vrin of 1.95. x264 crashes halfway through the first run. frown.gif I have llc set to 100%. vcore jumps to 1.36v on load. I guess I'll give 1.35v a shot. the temps didn't skyrocket while x264 was running. about 66-67c. only thing is I can't access bios as I enabled windows 8 fastboot and my stupid wireless KB can't connect fast enough. first world problems :|

Hi Dark, have you checked your motherboard manual? My MSI Mpower has a button on the board you can press to access the bios if you have delayed USB detection for a faster boot. I'll check later for you, need to get to work first though. (On tablet at the minute)

You shouldn't have to buy a whole new keyboard either I believe, just get a USB to ps/2 adapter.
The Money Pit
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 4770K MSI Mpower z87 EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4 x 4GB Avexir MPower Yellow Series 2400MHz Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 3TB Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cuplex Kryos, 2 x Heatkiller GPU-X³, 2 x XT45 ... Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit 27" QNIX QX2710 1440p 27" QNIX QX2710 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch-2, brown switches Cooler Master V1000  Corsair 900D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliathus extended control HiFiMAN HE-400 and EHP-O2D dac/amp Aquaero 6 Pro and accessories Trusty Datavac 
  hide details  
Reply
The Money Pit
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 4770K MSI Mpower z87 EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4 x 4GB Avexir MPower Yellow Series 2400MHz Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 3TB Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cuplex Kryos, 2 x Heatkiller GPU-X³, 2 x XT45 ... Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit 27" QNIX QX2710 1440p 27" QNIX QX2710 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch-2, brown switches Cooler Master V1000  Corsair 900D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliathus extended control HiFiMAN HE-400 and EHP-O2D dac/amp Aquaero 6 Pro and accessories Trusty Datavac 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8954 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyBear View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hi Dark, have you checked your motherboard manual? My MSI Mpower has a button on the board you can press to access the bios if you have delayed USB detection for a faster boot. I'll check later for you, need to get to work first though. (On tablet at the minute)

You shouldn't have to buy a whole new keyboard either I believe, just get a USB to ps/2 adapter.

I just googled it and there's a clear CMOS button near the rear I/o ports. thanks god for it.Bios even saved my OC profiles! I love it!
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #8955 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign32 View Post

I just googled it and there's a clear CMOS button near the rear I/o ports. thanks god for it.Bios even saved my OC profiles! I love it!

There's a button on the board that'll get you into to the UEFI....thumb.gif
post #8956 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign32 View Post

I just googled it and there's a clear CMOS button near the rear I/o ports. thanks god for it.Bios even saved my OC profiles! I love it!

Good to hear you got in thumb.gif

I wasn't referring to the clear CMOS button, my MSI board has a specific 'go2bios' button that you can press. I've had look at your mobo manual and I don't think your board has one unfortunately, there is another way to get there other than clearing the CMOS though.



There's a utility you can download and install from the MSI site, MSI Fast Boot. I believe that will let you choose whether you want to disable fast boot or go straight to the BIOS on the next reboot (not 100% sure as I've not used it myself)

Download link, check the Utility tab
Hope that helps.
The Money Pit
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 4770K MSI Mpower z87 EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4 x 4GB Avexir MPower Yellow Series 2400MHz Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 3TB Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cuplex Kryos, 2 x Heatkiller GPU-X³, 2 x XT45 ... Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit 27" QNIX QX2710 1440p 27" QNIX QX2710 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch-2, brown switches Cooler Master V1000  Corsair 900D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliathus extended control HiFiMAN HE-400 and EHP-O2D dac/amp Aquaero 6 Pro and accessories Trusty Datavac 
  hide details  
Reply
The Money Pit
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 4770K MSI Mpower z87 EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4 x 4GB Avexir MPower Yellow Series 2400MHz Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 3TB Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cuplex Kryos, 2 x Heatkiller GPU-X³, 2 x XT45 ... Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit 27" QNIX QX2710 1440p 27" QNIX QX2710 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch-2, brown switches Cooler Master V1000  Corsair 900D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliathus extended control HiFiMAN HE-400 and EHP-O2D dac/amp Aquaero 6 Pro and accessories Trusty Datavac 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8957 of 19540
My first serious attempt on overclocking Haswell this week;


Prepping


Prepping part 2


This is my setup (old pic, forgot to take new one:D)


First result. Ran out of time since I just moved to a new house and had to set up everything again in my "overclocking only" room thumb.gif

I have 3 4770K's to test, saving the best for some more action later. Just doing quick testing with SS to see each chips' potential.
More to come wink.gif
post #8958 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyBear View Post

Good to hear you got in thumb.gif

I wasn't referring to the clear CMOS button, my MSI board has a specific 'go2bios' button that you can press. I've had look at your mobo manual and I don't think your board has one unfortunately, there is another way to get there other than clearing the CMOS though.



There's a utility you can download and install from the MSI site, MSI Fast Boot. I believe that will let you choose whether you want to disable fast boot or go straight to the BIOS on the next reboot (not 100% sure as I've not used it myself)

Download link, check the Utility tab
Hope that helps.

I completely forgot about that utility! Thanks! I gotta install that. I won't have to revert to clearing cmos all the time.
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #8959 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign32 View Post

well I had the chance to setup the rad to intake. temps are at 63C now so that seems to help. I tried 4.8 at 1.34v and vrin of 1.95. x264 crashes halfway through the first run. frown.gif I have llc set to 100%. vcore jumps to 1.36v on load. I guess I'll give 1.35v a shot. the temps didn't skyrocket while x264 was running. about 66-67c. only thing is I can't access bios as I enabled windows 8 fastboot and my stupid wireless KB can't connect fast enough. first world problems :|

Always
state
the
type
of
instability
or
crash
if
you
want
anything
useful
to
be
learned
at
all

thankyou



Saying that, cut back to 1.34vcore to see if it works, go 2.05vrin. Only add what you need from there. Don't just say "It's unstable" and add a random voltage, lol
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8960 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Always
state
the
type
of
instability
or
crash
if
you
want
anything
useful
to
be
learned
at
all

thankyou



Saying that, cut back to 1.34vcore to see if it works, go 2.05vrin. Only add what you need from there. Don't just say "It's unstable" and add a random voltage, lol

LOL I apologize. it was stop code 101. Which I believe you related to vrin. I setup it trying 4.7 @ 1.31v with a vrin of 2.0. I'm going to work my way up. First find stability at 4.7 and so forth. I did this last night before bed so I didn't have a chance to test it as yet.
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]