Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 911

post #9101 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by paramazon View Post

just a quick question does c7 state really require the psu's that support it? cuz mine doesnt support it

I believe it does. If your's doesn't, it should support c3 and c6. Maybe you could be our Guinea pig and test if adaptive allows you to drop to low volts even though your PSU doesn't support c7.
post #9102 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

It's best to leave it how it is and test for stability overnight. That way it doesn't interfere with your daily tasks and you can fully test for stability.
I will certainly do that each night, but I'd really like to speed up the process by running during the day as well. I'm hoping that passing 10 loops at normal priority is at least a decent indicator of being close to stable. This will allow me to more quickly work up to a higher multiplier. Then I'll fine tune and do more extensive stressing.

Any guess how x264 normal priority would compare to XTU stress or Aida full suite for a rough assessment of stability?
post #9103 of 19539
Well I'm up to 4.9GHz at the moment. The jump from 4.8 to 4.9 caused an increase in vcore from 1.321 to 1.43. Now trying to hit 5.0Ghz I'm needing more and more. I can boot with 1.46v but I'll get stop code 101 after one minute of xtu. My VRIN is currently at 2.15v. I've tried from 2.0 to 2.15v.

Cryo you said 101=vrin. How much further can I take it?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I dropped the uncore to multi to 30
Edited by DarkReign32 - 1/26/14 at 8:25pm
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #9104 of 19539
Honestly, with an increase that high for vcore, I'd settle for 4.8. The increase in performance would be negligible, but the temps are probably a lot more.

To answer your actual question. 2.2 is probably safe, 2.3 is probably pushing it. That's uncharted territory, though.
post #9105 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

Honestly, with an increase that high for vcore, I'd settle for 4.8. The increase in performance would be negligible, but the temps are probably a lot more.

To answer your actual question. 2.2 is probably safe, 2.3 is probably pushing it. That's uncharted territory, though.

That's what I figured. I was just trying my best to get to 5.0GHz. Oh well, 4.8GHz is still pretty darn good.
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #9106 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign32 View Post

That's what I figured. I was just trying my best to get to 5.0GHz. Oh well, 4.8GHz is still pretty darn good.

Very true, 4.8Ghz is above average. It should do you nicely. I was in the same situation with 4.7 and settled because the temp difference didn't warrant it.
post #9107 of 19539
Got bsod again after 9h stress with prime. That on
43x multiplier
Vcore: 1.289
Cache ratio min/Max 35
Cache ratio v: 1.2
Vrin 1.9
Analog i/o: +0.1v

Bsod told the same as before. More vcore.
But don't wanna go more for. 4.3 is really bad.was hoping for much more. Shouldn't have abandoned my 4.8 sandy. Miss her! smile.gif

Cstate as suggested btw and think my psu did support that too.

Can I try something else? Guess I have to live with 4.3 only as stability?
Edited by Akehage - 1/26/14 at 9:02pm
Haswell Kit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4770K Asus Maximus VI Gene Asus GTX 780 3GB GU Direct 2 Kingston 16GB XMP Beast Series 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD, Intel 180GB Phantek PH-TC14PE Windows 8.1 Dell S2740L 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K520 650W Fractal R4 Design Logitech G500S 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell Kit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4770K Asus Maximus VI Gene Asus GTX 780 3GB GU Direct 2 Kingston 16GB XMP Beast Series 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD, Intel 180GB Phantek PH-TC14PE Windows 8.1 Dell S2740L 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K520 650W Fractal R4 Design Logitech G500S 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
post #9108 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

Very true, 4.8Ghz is above average. It should do you nicely. I was in the same situation with 4.7 and settled because the temp difference didn't warrant it.

I'm going to see if CLU makes difference in comparison to NT-H1 on the die. Or at least how MUCH of a difference. Kinda interested to see.
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #9109 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akehage View Post

Got bsod again after 9h stress with prime. That on
43x multiplier
Vcore: 1.289
Cache ratio min/Max 35
Cache ratio v: 1.2
Vrin 1.9
Analog i/o: +0.1v

Bsod told the same as before. More vcore.
But don't wanna go more for. 4.3 is really bad.was hoping for much more. Shouldn't have abandoned my 4.8 sandy. Miss her! smile.gif

Cstate as suggested btw and think my psu did support that too.

Can I try something else? Guess I have to live with 4.3 only as stability?

You should just try a different stress test - being stable in Prime doesn't necessarily mean you're stable for your everyday activities....Check out the first page of this thread for better alternatives for checking stabilitty....thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign32 View Post

I'm going to see if CLU makes difference in comparison to NT-H1 on the die. Or at least how MUCH of a difference. Kinda interested to see.

On the die itself, CLU will make a world of difference compared to a standard thermal compound....The word is that Intel uses a pretty good compound under the IHS, so if you want the most improvement, you'll need to go with something closer to the solder that should be there....wink.gif
Edited by blaze2210 - 1/26/14 at 9:31pm
post #9110 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign32 View Post

Well I'm up to 4.9GHz at the moment. The jump from 4.8 to 4.9 caused an increase in vcore from 1.321 to 1.43. Now trying to hit 5.0Ghz I'm needing more and more. I can boot with 1.46v but I'll get stop code 101 after one minute of xtu. My VRIN is currently at 2.15v. I've tried from 2.0 to 2.15v.

Cryo you said 101=vrin. How much further can I take it?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I dropped the uncore to multi to 30

101 can be thrown by vcore or imc too. I dunno about much further than 2.15, highest i've ran any kind of long term is 2.0
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]