Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 931

post #9301 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumanga View Post

At manual mode in my asus board the vcore will never drop from max value, like 1.20v or whatever is the vcore, but the frequency clock will drop to 800mhz running with vcore of 1.20v.
Have you made sure that all C-states are set to Enabled in the BIOS? The Auto setting doesn't seem to be sufficient to allow Vcore to drop in manual mode. At least, my Z87-A works that way.
post #9302 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedGamer93 View Post

No, but I gave it a bump to 1.150v, and put my core multi back to 45x @ 1.37v. I'll see if that helped at all.
Dude, your vcore scares me......

I've been running 1.43v for about 2 months now, and got bored with the 4.6ghz OC....biggrin.gif I'm not one of the people who's afraid of going above 1.3v....
post #9303 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

I've been running 1.43v for about 2 months now, and got bored with the 4.6ghz OC....biggrin.gif I'm not one of the people who's afraid of going above 1.3v....

Pfft 1.3?
I want to see that 5.0GHz biggrin.gif who said v1.500 is scarry!?
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #9304 of 19540
On a side note: Has anyone done any overclocking with the G. Skill Sniper 2400mhz RAM? The pricing is looking fairly decent from NewEgg....biggrin.gif
post #9305 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

Pfft 1.3?
I want to see that 5.0GHz biggrin.gif who said v1.500 is scarry!?

Give me a couple weeks. As soon as the CLU comes in I'm pushing to 5GHz. If only to get a CPUID validation. I'll need 1.5v biggrin.gif
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #9306 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

On a side note: Has anyone done any overclocking with the G. Skill Sniper 2400mhz RAM? The pricing is looking fairly decent from NewEgg....biggrin.gif

I just bought the Trident from newegg. Good price and they still overclock well. I haven't tried to push too far. I'm happier with the tighter timings.thumb.gif
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #9307 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign32 View Post

Give me a couple weeks. As soon as the CLU comes in I'm pushing to 5GHz. If only to get a CPUID validation. I'll need 1.5v biggrin.gif
smile.gif
I just dropped to 4.4GHz to try and stay under v1.3 (I want to baby the chip)
Right now I'm just squeezing prime with 12500mb ram and 1344-1344 fft's to see if it doesn't instant bsod.

x264 ran for almost 20+ minutes and I decided to let prime do its magic and got a bsod with the low vcore I was using biggrin.gif Will be spending many days to find my true oc..

Find core voltage and vrin, find uncore multiplier and voltage, OC memory frown.gif
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #9308 of 19540
I notice that, my voltage is set at 1.190V and the core speed of the CPU keeps changings because I left EIST enabled. Will that harm the processor in anyway? I mean, you said before if the processor is doing small tasks, it needs lower voltage, so how about the changing of the speed while the voltage doesn't change? Like my case here:
CPU: 0.944Ghz / 4.100Ghz/ 1.785Ghz.....etc
Vcore: 1.190V all the time at any speed
post #9309 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBridge View Post

I notice that, my voltage is set at 1.190V and the core speed of the CPU keeps changings because I left EIST enabled. Will that harm the processor in anyway? I mean, you said before if the processor is doing small tasks, it needs lower voltage, so how about the changing of the speed while the voltage doesn't change? Like my case here:
CPU: 0.944Ghz / 4.100Ghz/ 1.785Ghz.....etc
Vcore: 1.190V all the time at any speed

Are you sure you're looking at the vcore and not the vid? Open up hwmonitor or hwinfo64 and look for the vcore. It will fluctuate with the changes in frequencies.
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #9310 of 19540
Interesting. I've been having freezes today. Every 2-3 hours approximately. I'm thinking software, as I'm not getting a BSOD. Anyone have any other ideas?
I did test memory stability with superpi and hci memtest. I ran memtest for a half hour without any errors.

Edit: I've gone back to my OC of 4.6 for the time being. I will try windows repair to be safe. I've also scanned for viruses and malware.
Edited by DarkReign32 - 1/29/14 at 1:10am
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]