Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 980

post #9791 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inons View Post

Try opening it with the batch file.

============

In my world, I had passed x264 20 loop about 48 hours ago. Hadn't rebooted at all, been doing realbench here and there, general usage, and a few games. I ran h264 and heavy multitask bench again, maybe around more the 40 hour mark, and got a 101 bsod.

core 47 1.32
cache 34 1.15
cpu input 1.930
xmp off

Will try another 20 loop overnight.

Woke up to bsod. It happened about 3 hours into the 20 loop.

Could lowering the llc a level, llc 7 from llc 8, help narrow in on the actual voltage needed? After passing a 10 - 20 loop with those voltages raise the llc back to max and run with it.

My oc seems really finicky, in that it will pass a high number of loops and keep running for 40+ hours on one hand then reboot and get a bsod with higher voltages within 3 hours of x264.
OnAir
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
OnAir
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #9792 of 19540
Quote:
Could lowering the llc a level, llc 7 from llc 8, help narrow in on the actual voltage needed? After passing a 10 - 20 loop with those voltages raise the llc back to max and run with it.

My oc seems really finicky, in that it will pass a high number of loops and keep running for 40+ hours on one hand then reboot and get a bsod with higher voltages within 3 hours of x264.

Just throw another 0.05 on VRIN, keep level 8 unless you can multimeter the voltage IMO - might make it consistently solid

Your chip looks like mine, bit better, but when i was approaching those voltages on 47x it just wasn't solid at all 1.9 and 1.95 was still a bit dodgy and inconsistent
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9793 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Just throw another 0.05 on VRIN, keep level 8 unless you can multimeter the voltage IMO - might make it consistently solid

Your chip looks like mine, bit better, but when i was approaching those voltages on 47x it just wasn't solid at all 1.9 and 1.95 was still a bit dodgy and inconsistent

I had raised the vrin (cpuinput) from the 1.92v that passed the 20 loop to 1.93v that bsod'd within 3 hours of last night's 20 loop. You have mentioned that many times in the thread already and I've read every instance. thumb.gif

I was just bouncing the idea of lowering llc for stability testing, finding that value and then raising the llc back up in order to ensure the cpu receives the required voltage (would have to be careful it won't be too much) when under heavy loads like x264.

This is more trying to find an absolute value or eliminating some of the tantrums of some setups. Setting llc high enough to where there isn't any vdroop, while trying to find a harder number for stability without as much "vboost" then adjusting it after your stability tests.

Just seems silly I can pass 16 - 20 loops sometimes and bsod every time afterwards even with a higher cpu input or vcore. You know?
OnAir
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
OnAir
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #9794 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inons View Post

I had raised the vrin (cpuinput) from the 1.92v that passed the 20 loop to 1.93v that bsod'd within 3 hours of last night's 20 loop. You have mentioned that many times in the thread already and I've read every instance. thumb.gif

I was just bouncing the idea of lowering llc for stability testing, finding that value and then raising the llc back up in order to ensure the cpu receives the required voltage (would have to be careful it won't be too much) when under heavy loads like x264.

This is more trying to find an absolute value or eliminating some of the tantrums of some setups. Setting llc high enough to where there isn't any vdroop, while trying to find a harder number for stability without as much "vboost" then adjusting it after your stability tests.

Just seems silly I can pass 16 - 20 loops sometimes and bsod every time afterwards even with a higher cpu input or vcore. You know?

Yea, it can be annoying. 1.92 to 1.93 isn't much of an adjustment though, something like a room temperature change can affect it that much, you can't measure entirely accurately in software either, that's not a good way for measuring vdroop/boost etc. From 101 crash though, and your lack of softer crashing, it would be what i would test (added 0.1 and see if problems are magically fixed)

Still somewhat of a guessing game, though
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9795 of 19540
Since C-states and C1E have to be disabled (otherwise I can't boot into Windows) instead I have tried adaptive voltage. Seems to re running stable. Temperatures in idle are noticably lower - 22c lowest, well below 30c. But power usage dropped maybe by 5W compared to 1.26V override.

I've tried synthetic with adaptive - during prime95 VID has increased to like 1.33V. biggrin.gif It didn't exceed 1.26V in 3DMarks or games (C3, BF4)

Anyone has plugged a power meter? I am getting 75W idle (with 780). I suppose it wouldn't go much lower with C-states enabled and it's not really worth reworking all OC/flashing mobo etc?
post #9796 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by crun View Post

Since C-states and C1E have to be disabled (otherwise I can't boot into Windows) instead I have tried adaptive voltage. Seems to re running stable. Temperatures in idle are noticably lower - 22c lowest, well below 30c. But power usage dropped maybe by 5W compared to 1.26V override.

I've tried synthetic with adaptive - during prime95 VID has increased to like 1.33V. biggrin.gif It didn't exceed 1.26V in 3DMarks or games (C3, BF4)

Anyone has plugged a power meter? I am getting 75W idle (with 780). I suppose it wouldn't go much lower with C-states enabled and it's not really worth reworking all OC/flashing mobo etc?

Is your voltage dropping without c-states?
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9797 of 19540
Yes. From about 0.75V in idle to 1.26V load, depending on clocks and usage
post #9798 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by crun View Post

Yes. From about 0.75V in idle to 1.26V load, depending on clocks and usage

Ok interesting, just no c7
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9799 of 19540
Yea, thats with all C-states and C1E disabled. Best I could to was boot into windows with C3 enabled, but my power usage or voltage didn't drop at all then
post #9800 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Yea, it can be annoying. 1.92 to 1.93 isn't much of an adjustment though, something like a room temperature change can affect it that much, you can't measure entirely accurately in software either, that's not a good way for measuring vdroop/boost etc. From 101 crash though, and your lack of softer crashing, it would be what i would test (added 0.1 and see if problems are magically fixed)

Still somewhat of a guessing game, though

Yeah, the .05 increase to cpuinput.. with llc8 I get readings .038 higher in hwinfo. Last time I went with 2.1v input in bios, 2.138v in hwinfo, my board died. Going to have to take it slow here as I'm pretty sure it killed the last board.

Once the other rma board comes back I'll play a little more loose with it.
OnAir
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
OnAir
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]