Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 1021

post #10201 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpwilko08 View Post

Became the proud owner of a 780 classified back in november.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/v4bcs/

Asics quality 75.7%

Elpida memory

Then i added a second card a week ago

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/7wzq8/

Asics quality 81.6%

Samsung Yayy!!

Both are watercooled, my question is can i run the memory at different frequencies in sli?

Congrats!

You can run both the core and memory at different offsets by unchecking the "link" radio button on PrecisionX.
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #10202 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign32 View Post

Congrats!

You can run both the core and memory at different offsets by unchecking the "link" radio button on PrecisionX.


Thanks, but would it cause stability issues newbie to sli.
The Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k @ 5.0Ghz MAXIMUS V FORMULA GTX Titan X (Pascal) 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 120Gb X2 Raid 0 (System) Wester digital 2TB 7200rpm (Storage) Custom Watercooling Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 27" Corasir K70 Rgb Super Flower 1200W Platinum Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Corsair M65 Rgb Asus Xonar D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k @ 5.0Ghz MAXIMUS V FORMULA GTX Titan X (Pascal) 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 120Gb X2 Raid 0 (System) Wester digital 2TB 7200rpm (Storage) Custom Watercooling Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 27" Corasir K70 Rgb Super Flower 1200W Platinum Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Corsair M65 Rgb Asus Xonar D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10203 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov3rdos3 View Post

Asiq 76.5% and Hynix as memory. I am quite surprised that it can get 400mhz on memory with no overvoltage since it's not a samsung. It's rock stable at +104core and +400 memory with hours played on ACIV and BF4

You now know what we know, the Hynix is a beast. Timings are a little looser than Samsung, but it makes it up by clocking higher compared to the Samsung on the Kingpin. Performance wise they are about the same, minus the cold bug if your cooling with LN2 on Hynix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagan View Post

Been doing some testing with my classy 780 for a whole week and I've settled with factory ln2 bios and +62mv +90core +600mem and it's been rock solid. I just love the fact my memory is really great at clocking, helping out the minimum fps. Core is a bit harder though im seeing needing a big voltage increase to get even 1280 when 1241 is achieved through precision x volt control just fine. Is this normal?

Use PX just to set your clocks and targets. Use the Classified Tool in the OP to overvolt the core. Remember that whatever voltage you set, it will be 0.05 higher or so under load. So 1.25 is actually 1.3 volts. Also if you reach as far you can safely go voltage wise for your cooling, you can also increase PWM to go a bit more. Setting PWM to 400 or 450 will net you a few more speed bins usually or stabilize a shaky overclock. The GK110 core scales with temperature as well, so higher voltages need cooler temperatures to be stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpwilko08 View Post

Became the proud owner of a 780 classified back in november.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/v4bcs/

Asics quality 75.7%

Elpida memory

Then i added a second card a week ago

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/7wzq8/

Asics quality 81.6%

Samsung Yayy!!

Both are watercooled, my question is can i run the memory at different frequencies in sli?

I believe the most important factor with memory and SLi is that they are of the same size.
Desk Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K P67A-GD65 (MS-7681) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 32 Gb 1600 DDR3 HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 256 SSD Samsung 1TB SSD 2 Hitachi 3TB 7.2k in RAID 1 2 Monsta 560mm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
2 Magicool Dual 180s W7 Dell 3014 30" EVGA Supernova 1300 
CaseAudio
Built into furniture Soundblaster 
  hide details  
Reply
Desk Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K P67A-GD65 (MS-7681) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 32 Gb 1600 DDR3 HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 256 SSD Samsung 1TB SSD 2 Hitachi 3TB 7.2k in RAID 1 2 Monsta 560mm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
2 Magicool Dual 180s W7 Dell 3014 30" EVGA Supernova 1300 
CaseAudio
Built into furniture Soundblaster 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10204 of 21377
Wait, My last classy i coudent go past 1650mhz with Hynix memory frown.gif this is with no voltage increase though, My goal on air is 1750mhz that is 7000mhz effective, So is that possible? smile.gif Cant test myself or try, Still need a PSU and Mobo frown.gif
post #10205 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheNorwegian View Post

Wait, My last classy i coudent go past 1650mhz with Hynix memory frown.gif this is with no voltage increase though, My goal on air is 1750mhz that is 7000mhz effective, So is that possible? smile.gif Cant test myself or try, Still need a PSU and Mobo frown.gif

That is because you have to increase the voltage. Remember you have multiple memory chips on the card, that is a lot of silicon to hope to be golden. So if any one is weak, that will set your memory clock. Adding voltage overcomes this more often than not and most cards only need a small bump for a decent gain.
Desk Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K P67A-GD65 (MS-7681) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 32 Gb 1600 DDR3 HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 256 SSD Samsung 1TB SSD 2 Hitachi 3TB 7.2k in RAID 1 2 Monsta 560mm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
2 Magicool Dual 180s W7 Dell 3014 30" EVGA Supernova 1300 
CaseAudio
Built into furniture Soundblaster 
  hide details  
Reply
Desk Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K P67A-GD65 (MS-7681) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 32 Gb 1600 DDR3 HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 256 SSD Samsung 1TB SSD 2 Hitachi 3TB 7.2k in RAID 1 2 Monsta 560mm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
2 Magicool Dual 180s W7 Dell 3014 30" EVGA Supernova 1300 
CaseAudio
Built into furniture Soundblaster 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10206 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf Jam View Post

That is because you have to increase the voltage. Remember you have multiple memory chips on the card, that is a lot of silicon to hope to be golden. So if any one is weak, that will set your memory clock. Adding voltage overcomes this more often than not and most cards only need a small bump for a decent gain.
What is max on air? Dont wanna fry something wink.gif My old Gainward GTX 780 did 500+ easy, Changed it for a Classified smile.gif So normal is 1.60 what if i bump it up to 1.64 or 1.65, Will that be enough? smile.gif
post #10207 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf Jam View Post

You now know what we know, the Hynix is a beast. Timings are a little looser than Samsung, but it makes it up by clocking higher compared to the Samsung on the Kingpin. Performance wise they are about the same, minus the cold bug if your cooling with LN2 on Hynix.

I am glad I have a hynix memory biggrin.gif.

By the way guys, I noticed that my card was litterally in some areas while playing Batman Arkham Origins everything maxed out except Physx at Medium. The card is slightly overclocked with no overvoltage at all.

With this setting the card was running in some areas at 86 or 87 degrees. What temperatures do you have on Batman Arkham Origins?

Thanks
post #10208 of 21377
I'm kicking myself for only moving to classies now, should have just bought these first instead of the asus cards biggrin.gif Almost 1400 mhz core and 8000mhz mem and all with max core temp of 48c. biggrin.gif


:
post #10209 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheNorwegian View Post

What is max on air? Dont wanna fry something wink.gif My old Gainward GTX 780 did 500+ easy, Changed it for a Classified smile.gif So normal is 1.60 what if i bump it up to 1.64 or 1.65, Will that be enough? smile.gif

Yes, it would be enough. I would stay around 1.65 - 1.67 for a maximum for 24/7 use on air. All you need is one memory chip to develop issues and your card is a goner. I don't get much more past that voltage that is rock solid stable. Maybe a hundred more Mhz effective at 1.7 compared to 1.67. For benches it gets a bit more, and I'll go higher, but it only has to run for a few minutes at a time. I also see no gains past 1.74 for my card. I am water cooling and have Hynix.

On Hynix website, the memory spec is 1.55 v and Samsung is 1.5. Tolerances on both are 3%, or 0.05 volts. So 1.6 is the maximum per manufacturing specifications for Hynix and Samsung is1.55. Given that there is a more to that tolerance than stated and that you have active cooling, you can go higher with some degree of safety. Many of us do and only a few cards so far have developed issues (and at stock according to the posters with issues IRRC).

Some advocate higher voltages for air for 24/7, but I think that is rather reckless for what you get out of it. I'd rather be a bit safe and not have to RMA my card because I ran it into the ground for <=1% improvement in games.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov3rdos3 View Post

I am glad I have a hynix memory biggrin.gif.

By the way guys, I noticed that my card was litterally in some areas while playing Batman Arkham Origins everything maxed out except Physx at Medium. The card is slightly overclocked with no overvoltage at all.

With this setting the card was running in some areas at 86 or 87 degrees. What temperatures do you have on Batman Arkham Origins?

Thanks

Overclocking without raising core voltage will still generate more heat. Also, those with DMMs who have been thorough report load voltage increasing a bit more with clock speed as well on high overclocks. I imagine this behavior applies thru out the freq and voltage ranges and may explain your temps.
Edited by Deaf Jam - 3/9/14 at 3:12pm
Desk Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K P67A-GD65 (MS-7681) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 32 Gb 1600 DDR3 HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 256 SSD Samsung 1TB SSD 2 Hitachi 3TB 7.2k in RAID 1 2 Monsta 560mm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
2 Magicool Dual 180s W7 Dell 3014 30" EVGA Supernova 1300 
CaseAudio
Built into furniture Soundblaster 
  hide details  
Reply
Desk Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K P67A-GD65 (MS-7681) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 32 Gb 1600 DDR3 HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 256 SSD Samsung 1TB SSD 2 Hitachi 3TB 7.2k in RAID 1 2 Monsta 560mm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
2 Magicool Dual 180s W7 Dell 3014 30" EVGA Supernova 1300 
CaseAudio
Built into furniture Soundblaster 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10210 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf Jam View Post

You now know what we know, the Hynix is a beast. Timings are a little looser than Samsung, but it makes it up by clocking higher compared to the Samsung on the Kingpin. Performance wise they are about the same, minus the cold bug if your cooling with LN2 on Hynix.
Use PX just to set your clocks and targets. Use the Classified Tool in the OP to overvolt the core. Remember that whatever voltage you set, it will be 0.05 higher or so under load. So 1.25 is actually 1.3 volts. Also if you reach as far you can safely go voltage wise for your cooling, you can also increase PWM to go a bit more. Setting PWM to 400 or 450 will net you a few more speed bins usually or stabilize a shaky overclock. The GK110 core scales with temperature as well, so higher voltages need cooler temperatures to be stable.
I believe the most important factor with memory and SLi is that they are of the same size.

what does PMW adjustment exaclty change?

Also what do you guys prefer? Precision X or Afterburner. Seems like afterburner has a glitch with skynet's rev4 bios. Power Target goes up to 300% where precision takes it to 200%?
Fun stuff
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.2ghz ht on 1.408 ASUS P6X58D Premium EVGA Gtx780 Classified 3x2 G skill 1600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro LG E2370V-BF 1920x1080[IPS] FILCO Majestouch Tenkeyless Antec SG-850 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 400R DeathAdder 3500dpi Onboard Optical - Audioengine D1 - HiFiMAN HE-400 
  hide details  
Reply
Fun stuff
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.2ghz ht on 1.408 ASUS P6X58D Premium EVGA Gtx780 Classified 3x2 G skill 1600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro LG E2370V-BF 1920x1080[IPS] FILCO Majestouch Tenkeyless Antec SG-850 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 400R DeathAdder 3500dpi Onboard Optical - Audioengine D1 - HiFiMAN HE-400 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club