Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 1024

post #10231 of 21377
Thanks for the detailed answer. I'll look into using similar installation methods as you once I can get a hold on one of those brackets.
post #10232 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by feartheturtle View Post

Thanks for the detailed answer. I'll look into using similar installation methods as you once I can get a hold on one of those brackets.

No problem. I put a few pictures up, and I do have more if needed. I think the next batch of the brackets are expected sometime in April.
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Corsair Air 540
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #10233 of 21377
Just ordered a K|ngp|n Ti this morning. Now I see EVGA is out of stock...I was going to wait until later in the week, glad I didn't! Also ordered the EK nickel/plexi block. Hopefully it will be here in time for some weekend thrashing. thumb.gif I'll put up some results as soon as I can. This is replacing a reference Ti that would do 1372 stable at 1.212v (30C loaded).
post #10234 of 21377
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETDRMS View Post

Just ordered a K|ngp|n Ti this morning. Now I see EVGA is out of stock...I was going to wait until later in the week, glad I didn't! Also ordered the EK nickel/plexi block. Hopefully it will be here in time for some weekend thrashing. thumb.gif I'll put up some results as soon as I can. This is replacing a reference Ti that would do 1372 stable at 1.212v (30C loaded).

cool, you will really love the card. definitely come back and post some results and a validation. A lot of tools are on the front page and we are here if you need any advice. I was thinking of trying to order another but it said that I reached my 2 per house limit. I think it's a sign I need to save some money.

Coming from a locked card you will be blown away. the kingpin is completely unlocked. I was doing 1.65v load volts on mine this weekend. I'm not suggesting to do so I was at -150c but it's just to show you how really unlocked these cards are.
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10235 of 21377
Another semi-off topic question for some of the experts here:

I've been overclocking and overvolting my two cards using the SKYN3T BIOS and voltage tool and during one benchmark run my system shutdown and rebooted. My guess is that between the two cards and my non-overclocked 3930K I exceeded the output of my 1000W PSU and tripped the over volt protection. Given that I plan to overclock my 3930K as well it's probably time to get a new PSU, should I shoot for 1200w or go for broke on a 1500w unit?
post #10236 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranik View Post

Another semi-off topic question for some of the experts here:

I've been overclocking and overvolting my two cards using the SKYN3T BIOS and voltage tool and during one benchmark run my system shutdown and rebooted. My guess is that between the two cards and my non-overclocked 3930K I exceeded the output of my 1000W PSU and tripped the over volt protection. Given that I plan to overclock my 3930K as well it's probably time to get a new PSU, should I shoot for 1200w or go for broke on a 1500w unit?

Don't mess around, go for the 1500w if you could. Although I think 1300w would be fine(1200w nope), You'll definitely be fine with 1500w.

I've lost lot of money going for the bare minimum amount on the psu wattage only to find it's not enough. If you had reference 780 or 780ti's, then 1000w would have been fine.

Another issue is multi rail power supplies, you could trigger a 1500w multi rail OCP psu with these classified cards. That's why I opt for single rail. 1600w single rail, not sure if there are any in the market.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1680 V2  R4BE  TITAN X (Pascal)   2666 Dominator Platinum CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
750 NVMe 1.2TB EK HF/rx360/rx120 EK FC/GTs/mcp655 Windows 10 Pro  
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BL3200PT 1600 T2 800d Pro Audio 2.1 + DragonFly Red 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1680 V2  R4BE  TITAN X (Pascal)   2666 Dominator Platinum CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
750 NVMe 1.2TB EK HF/rx360/rx120 EK FC/GTs/mcp655 Windows 10 Pro  
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BL3200PT 1600 T2 800d Pro Audio 2.1 + DragonFly Red 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10237 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranik View Post

Another semi-off topic question for some of the experts here:

I've been overclocking and overvolting my two cards using the SKYN3T BIOS and voltage tool and during one benchmark run my system shutdown and rebooted. My guess is that between the two cards and my non-overclocked 3930K I exceeded the output of my 1000W PSU and tripped the over volt protection. Given that I plan to overclock my 3930K as well it's probably time to get a new PSU, should I shoot for 1200w or go for broke on a 1500w unit?

What power supply do you currently have? You may be exceeding amp per rail on your psu and tripping over current protection. Not all 1200 w or 1500w power supplies are the same. Shilka is the local psu expert around here. Im running the evga 1300w g2 single rail psu and seems to be working out good for me.
post #10238 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

cool, you will really love the card. definitely come back and post some results and a validation. A lot of tools are on the front page and we are here if you need any advice. I was thinking of trying to order another but it said that I reached my 2 per house limit. I think it's a sign I need to save some money.

Coming from a locked card you will be blown away. the kingpin is completely unlocked. I was doing 1.65v load volts on mine this weekend. I'm not suggesting to do so I was at -150c but it's just to show you how really unlocked these cards are.

Thanks. I was going to wait until later in the week, but I noticed about an hour after I ordered my card that the EVGA store is now out of stock...phew! biggrin.gif Looks like it is shipping out today and Performance-PCs (thanks OCN for the discount code) shipped the waterblock today too. Should be on-track for some weekend thrashing! I'll be donig some cold testing depending on the weather and have been eyeballing some aquarium coolers for a future project.
post #10239 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

Don't mess around, go for the 1500w if you could. Although I think 1300w would be fine(1200w nope), You'll definitely be fine with 1500w.

I've lost lot of money going for the bare minimum amount on the psu wattage only to find it's not enough. If you had reference 780 or 780ti's, then 1000w would have been fine.

Another issue is multi rail power supplies, you could trigger a 1500w multi rail OCP psu with these classified cards. That's why I opt for single rail. 1600w single rail, not sure if there are any in the market.

I've gone through a few graphics upgrades with this "system". It's pretty much been on the motherboard tray of my SMH10 since I can't stop myself from buying new stuff, at the time of purchase 1000w was enough, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDhydro View Post

What power supply do you currently have? You may be exceeding amp per rail on your psu and tripping over current protection. Not all 1200 w or 1500w power supplies are the same. Shilka is the local psu expert around here. Im running the evga 1300w g2 single rail psu and seems to be working out good for me.

My current PSU is the Silverstone Strider 1000-G which has an 83 amp 12v rail, when benching at 1.25v on each card my Kill-a-watt read 925w which makes it seem likely that it was the power supply shutting down for protection sake. But I may be wrong, certainly not an expert on such things. I'd prefer to stick with Silverstone as I have custom sleeved cables I made for the 1000-G and all Striders appear to have the same pinouts.
post #10240 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

Don't mess around, go for the 1500w if you could. Although I think 1300w would be fine(1200w nope), You'll definitely be fine with 1500w.

I've lost lot of money going for the bare minimum amount on the psu wattage only to find it's not enough. If you had reference 780 or 780ti's, then 1000w would have been fine.

Another issue is multi rail power supplies, you could trigger a 1500w multi rail OCP psu with these classified cards. That's why I opt for single rail. 1600w single rail, not sure if there are any in the market.

Jacob just confirmed their upcoming new flagship PSU is a single rail 1600W unit. Assuming it is a superflower OEM or similar quality, it fills in a great void for benching.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club