Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 1042

post #10411 of 21378
Im new to this, but i really wanna go in to this.

So ?
If i change the voltage the only thing it does is making more heat ?

So the steps forward would be. Set the voltage. Find maxclock where its stable.
And then add more voltage and find where its stable to i find a good place to keep it ? or even go further.

Am i right ? or total wrong ?

/Casper
post #10412 of 21378
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

It's a really good psu, way better deal than the corsair imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf Jam View Post

GPU-Z does not read what is going on, it is just grabbing a number that EVGA says is wrong.

This has been discussed countless times in this thread and proven multiple times with a digital multimeter by several users here and TiN from EVGA on the Kingpincooling forums. Your voltage actually climbs under load. If you have a classified, your voltage is 0.05 volts higher usually under load. 1.25 is 1.3, 1.3 is 1.35 and so on. You have nothing to worry about.
I wouldn't grab a Corsair PSU right now. You are paying for the name, not the power supply and they seem to have quality control issues. Cyclops a few pages back has one that can't run two TiCs with a 1.3 volt overvolt. I would guess it is failing under the rated power there. Those with the EVGA 1300, for which Leadtek is the OEM, do not have these issues.

I have the EVGA 1300 and I have had no issues with it. It currently is in a miner running 4 R9 290s, the mb and CPU. Power at the wall is >1200 watts. I would definitely go with the SuperFlower over the Corsair.

Am going to buy the super flower PSU. Just did a quick test of furmark benchmark on both 780 classies at 1280 core 1.212v i was pulling 1085 watts from the wall that more than my power supply can handle... Surprised it has not kicked in the over current protection.
The Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k @ 5.0Ghz MAXIMUS V FORMULA GTX Titan X (Pascal) 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 120Gb X2 Raid 0 (System) Wester digital 2TB 7200rpm (Storage) Custom Watercooling Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 27" Corasir K70 Rgb Super Flower 1200W Platinum Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Corsair M65 Rgb Asus Xonar D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k @ 5.0Ghz MAXIMUS V FORMULA GTX Titan X (Pascal) 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 120Gb X2 Raid 0 (System) Wester digital 2TB 7200rpm (Storage) Custom Watercooling Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 27" Corasir K70 Rgb Super Flower 1200W Platinum Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Corsair M65 Rgb Asus Xonar D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10413 of 21378
OMG! Core is not even 1200MHz FarCry 3 stable and the temps are about 86C with 1,212V. Im almost puting this card on sale. frown.gif

1186Mhz works fine.
PC Master Race
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB Kraken X52 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent SuperFlower Leadex 1000W Platinum Fractal Design C (windowed) SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ ODAC RevB + Sennheiser HD 650 
  hide details  
Reply
PC Master Race
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB Kraken X52 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent SuperFlower Leadex 1000W Platinum Fractal Design C (windowed) SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ ODAC RevB + Sennheiser HD 650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10414 of 21378
Not surprising- Far Cry 3 is very demanding as far as clocks go. That does not mean your card is a dud.
post #10415 of 21378
Quote:
Originally Posted by reb00tas View Post

Im new to this, but i really wanna go in to this.

So ?
If i change the voltage the only thing it does is making more heat ?

So the steps forward would be. Set the voltage. Find maxclock where its stable.
And then add more voltage and find where its stable to i find a good place to keep it ? or even go further.

Am i right ? or total wrong ?

/Casper

Fill out your sig rig. No one knows what hardware you have.

I like to find max core clock at stock voltage and then go from there.

You're going to have to do some reading to get the process sorted, but here's the quick version.

1) Decide what BIOS you're going to use.
2) If you're going to use a custom BIOS, flash it to the LN2 BIOS slot. There are detailed flashing instructions and tools all over the place, including in the OP.
3) Use Afterburner or Precision X to overclock the core. Benchmark with Heaven, Valley, Firestrike, games. See how far you can get at stock volts. Keep an eye on core and VRM temps with GPU-Z / HWInfo / AB / Precision X.
4) Keep overclocking the core. You can unlock voltage control in AB or Precision X up to 1.212v. To go further than that you need the Classified Voltage Tuner Controller tool.
5) Up the voltage a little and see how far the core goes. Repeat this until you've gotten as high as you want to go. On air you are going to be limited by temperature.
6) After you're done with the core, you can start OCing your memory. With a Classified you either have Hynix or Samung. You can check the memory type with GPU-Z or Nvidia Inspector by looking in the memory type box / hovering your mouse over memory type.
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10416 of 21378
Just got myself 780 classy. This thing is huge.




Quick question. Does somebody else hear weird fan noise from time to time when it accelerates/decelerates? It kind of sounds like hard drive spindles start to rotate rolleyes.gif.
Ivy Bridge
(21 items)
 
Ryzen
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Western Digital WD1001FALS Samsung HD753LJ ST3300822AS 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital RED 3 TB Custom Loop Lamptron FC Touch Windows 8.1 update 1 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Red EVGA G2 1000W Cooler Master Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Logitech G240 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Schiit Valhalla 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy Bridge
(21 items)
 
Ryzen
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Western Digital WD1001FALS Samsung HD753LJ ST3300822AS 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital RED 3 TB Custom Loop Lamptron FC Touch Windows 8.1 update 1 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Red EVGA G2 1000W Cooler Master Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Logitech G240 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Schiit Valhalla 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10417 of 21378
Quote:
Originally Posted by coelacanth View Post

Fill out your sig rig. No one knows what hardware you have.

I like to find max core clock at stock voltage and then go from there.

You're going to have to do some reading to get the process sorted, but here's the quick version.

1) Decide what BIOS you're going to use.
2) If you're going to use a custom BIOS, flash it to the LN2 BIOS slot. There are detailed flashing instructions and tools all over the place, including in the OP.
3) Use Afterburner or Precision X to overclock the core. Benchmark with Heaven, Valley, Firestrike, games. See how far you can get at stock volts. Keep an eye on core and VRM temps with GPU-Z / HWInfo / AB / Precision X.
4) Keep overclocking the core. You can unlock voltage control in AB or Precision X up to 1.212v. To go further than that you need the Classified Voltage Tuner Controller tool.
5) Up the voltage a little and see how far the core goes. Repeat this until you've gotten as high as you want to go. On air you are going to be limited by temperature.
6) After you're done with the core, you can start OCing your memory. With a Classified you either have Hynix or Samung. You can check the memory type with GPU-Z or Nvidia Inspector by looking in the memory type box / hovering your mouse over memory type.


Thank you for your guide.

My card is Evga 780ti Classified
On stock voltage i reach TDP(115%), with gpuclock: 1145 and memory: 1975. so a custom bios and i will get over that ?

I think i will flash syn3t, rev 2 bios.
And my ram is Hynix.

Will this bios be stable for gaming ?
And should i take
skyn3t-ClassyTi-vBios-P0-BD-official with boost disabled
or
skyn3t-ClassyTi-vBios-P0-BE-official with boost enabled ?

I appreciate your help smile.gif

/Casper
Edited by reb00tas - 3/14/14 at 3:36pm
post #10418 of 21378
Ok, got me another classy to add me to the list (again). This time, the K1NGP1N.

Umm, yeah, that's the bad boy sandwiched between my Titan monsters - to be used a PhysX card for now until I figure out what to do with it. (don't shoot me) This Titan rig has hit the Top 20 on 3DMark single and SLI charts, for both graphics and overall system score.

In case you are wondering, yes you do want the fastest GPU you can afford as your PhysX card: http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2078139

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/bbfy/




Edited by eduncan911 - 3/14/14 at 5:13pm
post #10419 of 21378
Quote:
Originally Posted by reb00tas View Post

Thank you for your guide.

My card is Evga 780ti Classified
On stock voltage i reach TDP(115%), with gpuclock: 1145 and memory: 1975. so a custom bios and i will get over that ?

I think i will flash syn3t, rev 2 bios.
And my ram is Hynix.

Will this bios be stable for gaming ?
And should i take
skyn3t-ClassyTi-vBios-P0-BD-official with boost disabled
or
skyn3t-ClassyTi-vBios-P0-BE-official with boost enabled ?

I appreciate your help smile.gif

/Casper

Yes it's normal for the voltage and clocks to jump around. The card has power saving features, and even with a custom BIOS like skyn3t's, the clocks and voltages will downclock when the card is idle.

There's not too much to recommend between the boost-enabled BIOS or the boost-disabled BIOS. Disabling the boost helps for benching. For gaming I use the stock (boost-enabled) BIOS and don't even use a custom BIOS because I only run a mild overclock for gaming. If you're going to go for a more aggressive overclock the the custom BIOS is probably better.

Both of those VBIOS will be fine for gaming. I have spent plenty of time gaming on skyn3t's BIOS.
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10420 of 21378
Quote:
Originally Posted by escalibur View Post

OMG! Core is not even 1200MHz FarCry 3 stable and the temps are about 86C with 1,212V. Im almost puting this card on sale. frown.gif

1186Mhz works fine.

You need to do something besides air cooling with that card to get the most out of it. It is not a dud just because it doesn't do well on air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduncan911 View Post

Ok, got me another classy to add me to the list (again). This time, the K1NGP1N.

Umm, yeah, that's the bad boy sandwiched between my Titan monsters - to be used a PhysX card for now until I figure out what to do with it. (don't shoot me) This Titan rig has hit the Top 20 on 3DMark single and SLI charts, for both graphics and overall system score.

In case you are wondering, yes you do want the fastest GPU you can afford as your PhysX card: http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2078139

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/bbfy/




What a waste! thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club