Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 1098

post #10971 of 21377
all right have had this card for a few weeks now, got a day off of work so want to over clock and flash my bios. where are the best guides to flash and start overclocking. I have a 780 Classified any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

edit also, i know i have to save current bios but when using GPUz i get this...


Edited by killerhz - 3/30/14 at 10:49am
post #10972 of 21377
So quick question here. When I flash my bios I always just put the bios and nvflash in the same folder. Then I just drag the bios on top of the nvflash and it automatically opens the command window and flashes the bios. Well I guess after I type "y" to continue. Is there something wrong with doing it that way instead of having to type the commands?
The Water Dragon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon x5660 4.5Ghz x58 CLASSIFIED EVGA 780 ti hc 12gb Mushkin blackline 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 2 100gb * Samsung f3 1tb windows 8 64 LG 27EA63V-P corsair k95 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
corsair hx850 Lian Li a70f Razer MAMBA Asus Xonar Xense 
  hide details  
Reply
The Water Dragon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon x5660 4.5Ghz x58 CLASSIFIED EVGA 780 ti hc 12gb Mushkin blackline 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 2 100gb * Samsung f3 1tb windows 8 64 LG 27EA63V-P corsair k95 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
corsair hx850 Lian Li a70f Razer MAMBA Asus Xonar Xense 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10973 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet-Tech View Post


Glad you got it sorted out. I am going to post my command lines, because I always put the spaces in and it always works. Lol

That's bizarre! I went through the exact same ordeal that he did, and the solution was my last ditch effort of not spacing between the #'s. It is strange because even the instructions on this forum have a space.
Edited by gatesmarch - 3/30/14 at 12:28pm
post #10974 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerhz View Post

all right have had this card for a few weeks now, got a day off of work so want to over clock and flash my bios. where are the best guides to flash and start overclocking. I have a 780 Classified any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

edit also, i know i have to save current bios but when using GPUz i get this...


First page of this thread tells you everything you need to know and has the downloads you need. 1. Download Nvflash, 2. Download your bios file, I recommend Skynet Rev 4. 3. Switch your card to LN2. 4. Backup your current bios using Nvflash. 5. Flash new bios. 6.Profit.

You would also be better off renaming the bios to something simple.
post #10975 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesmarch View Post

That's bizarre! I went through the exact same ordeal that he did, and the solution was my last ditch effort of not spacing between the #'s. It is strange because even the instructions on this forum have a space.

I didn't even know it would work without the spaces lol. I did notice that the reason for his last error was the space when typing protectoff, which was instead typed protect off causing it to give instructions rather than starting the flash process. Once he removed that one space everything started working. I guess that is what NV flash would call semantics lol
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10976 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesmarch View Post

First page of this thread tells you everything you need to know and has the downloads you need. 1. Download Nvflash, 2. Download your bios file, I recommend Skynet Rev 4. 3. Switch your card to LN2. 4. Backup your current bios using Nvflash. 5. Flash new bios. 6.Profit.

You would also be better off renaming the bios to something simple.

i have downloaded nvflash but that also will not back up my bios i get an error




what do you mean switch my card to LN2

thanks for the help so far cheers...

edit also where do i get Skynet Rev 4. 3
post #10977 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerhz View Post

i have downloaded nvflash but that also will not back up my bios i get an error




what do you mean switch my card to LN2

thanks for the help so far cheers...

edit also where do i get Skynet Rev 4. 3

If your Bios Switch is set to Normal (green led lit on the back of the card) you need to switch it to the right, for LN2 (red led will light up)

The switch is slightly to the left of the 8 pin power supplies. It is a tiny white switch.

You should never over write the normal bios, that way if your card needs an RMA it will go through. If you overwrite all bios options, then it is not going to be good for RMA.
Edited by Scarlet-Tech - 3/30/14 at 4:15pm
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10978 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet-Tech View Post

If your Bios Switch is set to Normal (green led lit on the back of the card) you need to switch it to the right, for LN2 (red led will light up)

The switch is slightly to the left of the 8 pin power supplies. It is a tiny white switch.

You should never over write the normal bios, that way if your card needs an RMA it will go through. If you overwrite all bios options, then it is not going to be good for RMA.

got it and now i started to overclock and got this so far

post #10979 of 21377
Just wondering if I should add another PSU for 24/7 use here as the rig pulls close to 1100W from the wall while gaming.

Did some testing of the power draw on my rig, stock vs OC'ed and made two vids of it. Sorry about the bad quality and not commenting in English but I made this first for a Norwegian forum.
Stock:
OC'ed
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5960X @ 5.0 GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TitanX GTX TitanX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16 GB 3200 MHz G.Skill RipjawsZ CL15-15-15-35 1T 2x 180GB Intel 330, raid 0 LD PC-V2 Phase Change - White XL Win7 Ultimate 64bit + Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCase
Asus Swift 27" Corsair AX 1200W Lian Li PC343 Extended (pre. prod. model) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5960X @ 5.0 GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TitanX GTX TitanX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16 GB 3200 MHz G.Skill RipjawsZ CL15-15-15-35 1T 2x 180GB Intel 330, raid 0 LD PC-V2 Phase Change - White XL Win7 Ultimate 64bit + Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCase
Asus Swift 27" Corsair AX 1200W Lian Li PC343 Extended (pre. prod. model) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10980 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNOE View Post

How much do you think the power draw is on one card at lets say 1.4v

Not system wide wattage, But I'm asking how much just one card at 1.4v and 1350 core clock would pull in wattage from the wall?

Look at what PX is reporting for your power usage (power target graph). I did some math in a post a good while back that shows that the number PX shows is reasonably accurate. So just look at your power target graph in PX and go from there.

If your max target is 150% and the bios as a 900 watt TDP, then at 100%, you are pulling 600 watts, 50% is 300 watts. Remember that you'll still be off from actual, so if your doing this for PSU sizing or something, add some cushion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydog View Post

Just wondering if I should add another PSU for 24/7 use here as the rig pulls close to 1100W from the wall while gaming.

Did some testing of the power draw on my rig, stock vs OC'ed and made two vids of it. Sorry about the bad quality and not commenting in English but I made this first for a Norwegian forum.

I don't think you need it. 1100 from the wall is probably around 1000 for the system and you have a 1200 watt PSU. Unless you are getting shutdowns or having voltage spikes, I would keep things how they are.
Edited by Deaf Jam - 3/30/14 at 6:54pm
Desk Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K P67A-GD65 (MS-7681) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 32 Gb 1600 DDR3 HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 256 SSD Samsung 1TB SSD 2 Hitachi 3TB 7.2k in RAID 1 2 Monsta 560mm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
2 Magicool Dual 180s W7 Dell 3014 30" EVGA Supernova 1300 
CaseAudio
Built into furniture Soundblaster 
  hide details  
Reply
Desk Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K P67A-GD65 (MS-7681) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 32 Gb 1600 DDR3 HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 256 SSD Samsung 1TB SSD 2 Hitachi 3TB 7.2k in RAID 1 2 Monsta 560mm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
2 Magicool Dual 180s W7 Dell 3014 30" EVGA Supernova 1300 
CaseAudio
Built into furniture Soundblaster 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club