Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 1127

post #11261 of 21377
I think I broke it !

Please help me , I have flash my 2 classifeid gtx780it's with the skyn3t rev.1
And this is or was working great , I was at around core clock +117 and mem +300
And I thought I would up the mem a load more so I upped this to +500 ( my old 780's could handle this easy) and disaster struck !!
I have artefacting all over my desktop and screen freeze .. I thought that's ok , IV just found the limit for the mem and I just need to start rolling back the mem OC .

What I'm worreyed about is when I restarted ... The cards had down clocked loads ... After checking I see that the voltage adjuster in evga precision x had scaled it's self back to much lower that it was set to after the flash so it was scaled it's self back to around 987Mv ( it was 1212Mv set my the bios flash be defualt )

I was able to just move it back up again and stuff is so far seeming to run ok .But now it seem like my card have the boost capability back which I thought was taken away by the new bios , they now sit at 1,085 base clock and boost upto about 1,188 when I run a bench or somthing ,

I thought before this happend that my card didn't do this and sat at 1,188 as a base clock ? So no boost was available ? So I'm worryed .... Did a break somthing ? Or is this normal ?
And yes I now know not to jump up so fast with my settings :-s

Please help ?
Edited by Sleepyluke - 4/14/14 at 1:03am
post #11262 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyluke View Post

I think I broke it !

Please help me , I have flash my 2 classifeid gtx780it's with the skyn3t rev.1
And this is or was working great , I was at around core clock +117 and mem +300
And I thought I would up the mem a load more so I upped this to +500 ( my old 780's could handle this easy) and disaster struck !!
I have artefacting all over my desktop and screen freeze .. I thought that's ok , IV just found the limit for the mem and I just need to start rolling back the mem OC .

What I'm worreyed about is when I restarted ... The cards had down clocked loads ... After checking I see that the voltage adjuster in evga precision x had scaled it's self back to much lower that it was set to after the flash ( which was max , 1,212 I think ) so it was scaled it's self back to around +75 .

I was able to just move it back up again and stuff is so far seeming to run ok .But now it seem like my card have the boost capability back which I thought was taken away by the new bios , they now sit at 1,085 base clock and boost upto about 1,188 when I run a bench or somthing ,

I thought before this happend that my card didn't do this and sat at 1,188 as a base clock ? So no boost was available ? So I'm worryed .... Did a break somthing ? Or is this normal ?
And yes I now know not to jump up so fast with my settings :-s

Please help ?

Did you restart after the bios flash?

Also, Precision X does not control voltage, so using it isn't doing anything at all. If you want to push voltage, you have to use the classified voltage tool on the first page.

What does GPU-Z say as far as the BIOS that is on the card?
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11263 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyluke View Post

Please can some give me some advice please ?

I see their is a .1 and a .2 of the bios skyn3t ?

Which should I use for my EVGA Classifeid 780 TI's ?

And then what does the bios actually do for my cards,ie I'm guessing it will unlock the card .
But what parts and to what level ?

IV read some custom bios are re set overclocks and others just allow the user to adjust voltage and power target higher ,, which is this and which is better .
I would like to see what these cards can do ,?but I'm not looking to overclock the balls out if them lol

But I am going to be gaming on them for 6 to 8 hours at a time , they are on the stock air coolers and I have a extra custom air cooling unit give a good temp.

Thx for any advice

Check out "OccamRazor" posts. There are instructions on how to install bioses in every one. The bios I used was rev2 at the bottom.

http://www.overclock.net/attachments/20373
post #11264 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by yknot View Post

Check out "OccamRazor" posts. There are instructions on how to install bioses in every one. The bios I used was rev2 at the bottom.

http://www.overclock.net/attachments/20373

Is rev2 better ? What does it do diffrent , and should I change over to the rev2 .. Also please can you tell me if IV Brocken anything , or is what happened and what I'm seeing normal ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet-Tech View Post

Did you restart after the bios flash?

Also, Precision X does not control voltage, so using it isn't doing anything at all. If you want to push voltage, you have to use the classified voltage tool on the first page.

What does GPU-Z say as far as the BIOS that is on the card?

GPUZ

Shows Gpu clock 1202 defualt 1085
Bios number 80.80.34.01.80(p2083-oo30)

I had a friend flash them for me and I watched , it the first time for me doing bios flashing
Edited by Sleepyluke - 4/14/14 at 1:11am
post #11265 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyluke View Post

Is rev2 better ? What does it do diffrent , and should I change over to the rev2 .. Also please can you tell me if IV Brocken anything , or is what happened and what I'm seeing normal ?
GPUZ

Shows Gpu clock 1202 defualt 1085
Bios number 80.80.34.01.80(p2083-oo30)

I had a friend flash them for me and I watched , it the first time for me doing bios flashing

Can you post the name of the Flash that you actually used, like skyn3t-classyti-vbios-bd ....

You probably haven't damaged anything, so don't stress too much just yet. My cards act funny when using the Skyn3t Bioses, and are better now that they are on separate power supplies.
Edited by Scarlet-Tech - 4/14/14 at 1:32am
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11266 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet-Tech View Post

Can you post the name of the Flash that you actually used, like skyn3t-classyti-vbios-bd ....

This is the full name of it EVGA 780 Ti Classified skyn3t rev.1

It is the frist bios listed in the 780 TI section at the beggining of this thread ?

I do not know how to tell if it is the DB version or not and me their rev.1 or rev.2 say DB on them ?

Am I looking in the wrong place ? And should I change my bios ?
Does this give you enough info to know if I have damaged something ?

Thx loads for your fast replys
post #11267 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyluke View Post

This is the full name of it EVGA 780 Ti Classified skyn3t rev.1

It is the frist bios listed in the 780 TI section at the beggining of this thread ?

I do not know how to tell if it is the DB version or not and me their rev.1 or rev.2 say DB on them ?

Am I looking in the wrong place ? And should I change my bios ?
Does this give you enough info to know if I have damaged something ?

Thx loads for your fast replys

Is your computer running? If so you are fine :-)

It does say boost disabled, but the base clock is 1084.5 not 1188. The major question is, did you buddy flash the PX (precision x) or ab (afterburner) rom. I am not sure if it makes any difference, but they are both in the zip file.

You can try Rev. 2, as it shouldn't hurt to give it a go. The Rev 1 bios was based off of the first release bios that wasn't fantastic. Rev 2 is based on a much later release that was much better.
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11268 of 21377
Hello to everybody, I shall like knowing if bios Rev 4 " NO. Ti " is compatible with my card which possesses one bios 80.10.3A.01.82?
post #11269 of 21377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrontire View Post

Hello to everybody, I shall like knowing if bios Rev 4 " NO. Ti " is compatible with my card which possesses one bios 80.10.3A.01.82?

what is your card?
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
TH10A
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme 2x EVGA 980Ti Classified 32gb GSkill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x Samsung 840 EVO Seagate 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagate 2tb 7200rpm Intel 430 256gb 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Custom Loop - EK Fittings Too many Radiators Win 10 Das Keyboard Pro S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2x EVGA 1300w G2 CaseLabs TH10A Corsair G65 RGB Corsair Large scale pads 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11270 of 21377
EVGA GTX 780 Classified.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club