Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 14

post #131 of 21352
Thread Starter 
I'm a little depressed to say I didn't have much luck with my evbot last night. I couldn't get above 1372 in Valley. I raised it up all the way to 1.55v. it seemed like it was taking the volts because my temps and power percentage went up. Especially temperatures. Every Valley run was hitting 92c. The good news is the Tech Inferno bios didn't throttle at all, so I really do believe until someone comes out with something better this is the bios to use with the Classified at very high voltages. Could it be my card just doesn't like anything above 1.4v. It almost seemed to artifact more the more voltage I added above 1.4v. This card has a really low asic so it might not be great with air cooling. I am going to test my second card tonight to see if it's any different. I will have a multimeter in a few days so I will know exactly what is going on.
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #132 of 21352
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

I'm a little depressed to say I didn't have much luck with my evbot last night. I couldn't get above 1372 in Valley. I raised it up all the way to 1.55v. it seemed like it was taking the volts because my temps and power percentage went up. Especially temperatures. Every Valley run was hitting 92c. The good news is the Tech Inferno bios didn't throttle at all, so I really do believe until someone comes out with something better this is the bios to use with the Classified at very high voltages. Could it be my card just doesn't like anything above 1.4v. It almost seemed to artifact more the more voltage I added above 1.4v. This card has a really low asic so it might not be great with air cooling. I am going to test my second card tonight to see if it's any different. I will have a multimeter in a few days so I will know exactly what is going on.
There is a sweet spot where more voltage actually decreases the max clock.
This goes for all chips however these specifications change depending on temperature.
post #133 of 21352
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

There is a sweet spot where more voltage actually decreases the max clock.
This goes for all chips however these specifications change depending on temperature.


so maybe getting up to 92c had something to do with it right? It seemed 1.4v was the sweet spot where extra voltage only raised temps and seemed to artifact more. Anything higher than 1.4v is too much for the stock cooler. I even have a sp120 high performance fan zip tied right next to it and an air conditioning right behind my pc. I removed the back door and now the ac air hits my card. I still was getting up to 92c. That was the highest I saw and only after like 3 valley runs. This was at 1.5v.

ftw420 if you are around. What voltages did you do that titan classified run at? with the high valley single card score?

I think it's great news that the TI bios didn't throttle one bit, even at 1.5v. That bios really is amazing. Until maybe the bios kingpin was talking about comes out that is the bios to use for voltages above 1.35.
Edited by strong island 1 - 7/25/13 at 10:08am
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #134 of 21352
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

so maybe getting up to 92c had something to do with it right? It seemed 1.4v was the sweet spot where extra voltage only raised temps and seemed to artifact more. Anything higher than 1.4v is too much for the stock cooler. I even have a sp120 high performance fan zip tied right next to it and an air conditioning right behind my pc. I removed the back door and now the ac air hits my card. I still was getting up to 92c. That was the highest I saw and only after like 3 valley runs. This was at 1.5v.

ftw420 if you are around. What voltages did you do that titan classified run at? with the high valley single card score?

I think it's great news that the TI bios didn't throttle one bit, even at 1.5v. That bios really is amazing. Until maybe the bios kingpin was talking about comes out that is the bios to use for voltages above 1.35.

Thanks for the continued updates. 1.55! That is a little scary on air. You have my respect sir. I think you are being temperature limited though if you are artifacting. 1372 is still respectable.
Super P's rig
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6800K @ 4.4GHZ 1.37v / 3.6GHZ Cache 1.2v ASUS X99-A II Zotac GTX 1070FE @ 2088/9216 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XLC Predator 240 GTX 1070 XSPC Full Cover Blade Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700s Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6800K @ 4.4GHZ 1.37v / 3.6GHZ Cache 1.2v ASUS X99-A II Zotac GTX 1070FE @ 2088/9216 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XLC Predator 240 GTX 1070 XSPC Full Cover Blade Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700s Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
post #135 of 21352
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

Thanks for the continued updates. 1.55! That is a little scary on air. You have my respect sir. I think you are being temperature limited though if you are artifacting. 1372 is still respectable.

Ya my heart was beating so fast. It was actually pretty exciting. Once I got above 92c though I had to stop. I was not getting those temps at 1.35v so it must be taking the extra volts. I'm thinking about getting an LN2 pot and doing some runs with this card. Also I want to test my second card tonight to see how different it is.
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #136 of 21352
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

Ya my heart was beating so fast. It was actually pretty exciting. Once I got above 92c though I had to stop. I was not getting those temps at 1.35v so it must be taking the extra volts. I'm thinking about getting an LN2 pot and doing some runs with this card. Also I want to test my second card tonight to see how different it is.

Yeah, I am extremely curious about your second card. If the ASIC is higher, I am curious if you will get better clocks on air. thinking.gif
Super P's rig
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6800K @ 4.4GHZ 1.37v / 3.6GHZ Cache 1.2v ASUS X99-A II Zotac GTX 1070FE @ 2088/9216 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XLC Predator 240 GTX 1070 XSPC Full Cover Blade Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700s Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6800K @ 4.4GHZ 1.37v / 3.6GHZ Cache 1.2v ASUS X99-A II Zotac GTX 1070FE @ 2088/9216 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XLC Predator 240 GTX 1070 XSPC Full Cover Blade Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700s Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
post #137 of 21352
Thread Starter 
Ok so I changed the name to Classified Owner's club. I think it would be cool for us to have our own thread since these cards offer a lot of different features from the reference cards and I kind of feel bad always bringing up my card in there. We can come here to try and get the most out of our cards and discuss everything. A mod said once it gains a little popularity it can become official. This is for all Classified owner's. 680, 770 and 780. I will keep adding all important info and instructions, tools, and bios's to the OP.

Hopefully more stock arrives so we get more owners.
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #138 of 21352
Nice run, Strong Island1 -- 1372 is excellent and 1.5!thumb.gif Like others I think the primary limiting factor now is temp, but think it might be possible to exceed 1400 on air. Cleaning and re-applying noctua NT-H1 thermal paste to GPU's bought me better idle temps (28-29c) and load temps a few degrees lower than I normally got.

BTW - I really like the EVBot, had my doubts before I got it but just need to learn to use it properly.biggrin.gif
post #139 of 21352
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma57 View Post

Nice run, Strong Island1 -- 1372 is excellent and 1.5!thumb.gif Like others I think the primary limiting factor now is temp, but think it might be possible to exceed 1400 on air. Cleaning and re-applying noctua NT-H1 thermal paste to GPU's bought me better idle temps (28-29c) and load temps a few degrees lower than I normally got.

BTW - I really like the EVBot, had my doubts before I got it but just need to learn to use it properly.biggrin.gif


I know, I really love mine. For $50 it is a great tool. Last night I was able to change voltage in the middle of a benchmark that was artifacting and it got me thru it.

I'm excited to try it with SLI tonight. I'm also excited to see if my second card is any better.
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #140 of 21352
I posted this in another thread here, but got this response from eVGA product manager (JacobF) regarding correlation between high ASIC and OC performance:
Quote:
Not necessarily, we don’t really know the logic for the ASIC quality and are not sure how accurate it is, but I can say that the GPU are prequalified to run at high frequency.

Seems the best chips are hand-picked and tested using other factors/tests besides ASIC. ASIC quality for the best chips seems to still be a "lottery pick" and currently is not a factor in determining a chips true overclocking performance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club