Originally Posted by Neutronman
Can anyone give me some help flashing the bios please...
Not really sure why I am unable to flash my card, but as I am all out of ideas I thought I would post here.
Current PC specs:
Core i7 3770K at stock
Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
8Gb PC 1600 DDR
EVGA Classified GTX 780 with bios switch in correct position (red led's)
Win 7 64 bit.
I have my rom image prepared and have tried NV Flash for windows, the version that I downloaded from TechPowerUp would not allow me to enter commands even when it was run in Administration mode (perhaps this is because I have 64bit Win 7 and only 32bit is supported), all it did was cycle through options then close. I downloaded the dos version but have been unable to boot from my flash drives. These are formatted in Fat 32 and were created with a Win 7 64bit image!!!
I'm all out of ideas right about now.
Help would be appreciated, perhaps my flash boot usb stick is corrupt, some information on creating a correct new one for NV Flash might be good. Also any idea why I was not able to flash in windows using the latest NV Flash for windows? Is there a specific version I should be trying???
Any of you guys that have been successfully flashing your Classified GTX 780's feel free to make suggestions.
I had the same problem and I just created a batch file, ran it and it worked.
1. Create a new text file in your nvflash directory.
2. Place the new bios .rom file in your nvflash directory.
3. Open it with your text editor(notepad++, etc.) and paste the following in there but "nvflash -4 -5 -6 Classy-vBios-3A.82-rev3.rom" with "Classy-vBios-3A.82-rev3.rom" replaced with whatever filename your new bios is.
4. Save the text file then rename it as flash.bat.
5. Double click the flash.bat file and let it run while following any prompts in the command window it pulls up.
6. Your card is now running the new bios. You have to completely shut down your computer and then power it back on for the new bios to load.