Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club - Page 510

post #5091 of 21388
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

Anyone?

Right now... Neither. You can get quite far with the stock bios' and precX. The alternatives are skyn3t's initial bios, the ftw2002 bios, and the classyvolt tool. All at your risk. I think most here would agree that the available mods need a bit more time "in the oven".

The 2002 bios does work reasonably well with the 2.0.3.0 volt tool, but nothing reads the actual mV.
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Intel 900p WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Intel 900p WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5092 of 21388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

Anyone?

Right now... Neither. You can get quite far with the stock bios' and precX. The alternatives are skyn3t's initial bios, the ftw2002 bios, and the classyvolt tool. All at your risk. I think most here would agree that the available mods need a bit more time "in the oven".

The 2002 bios does work reasonably well with the 2.0.3.0 volt tool, but nothing reads the actual mV.
Sorry I should change my sig I'm talking about a non-ti 780.
X99 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asus X99-AII Gigabyte GTX 1070 Corsair 16GB 3200MHZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 250GB Scythe Mugen Max Windows 10 X-Star 1440P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Masterkeys L XFX BE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass Sensei Raw 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Qck Logitech Z313 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asus X99-AII Gigabyte GTX 1070 Corsair 16GB 3200MHZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 250GB Scythe Mugen Max Windows 10 X-Star 1440P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Masterkeys L XFX BE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass Sensei Raw 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Qck Logitech Z313 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5093 of 21388
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

Hmm I think I burned out my card bigeyedsmiley.png

Was doing some extreme clocking..now heaven crashes when trying bumping +50 on both core and mem. Flashed back to stock ln2, Power target pegs at 98% in any game with stock clocks. Never seen that before. I was going to RMA the card but decided against it as that wasn't the right thing to do. Replacement card will be here tomorrow buttkick.gif

Oh no!!! So sorry to hear that...you guys are crazy brave to be pushing your brand new hardware so much. I think I'd actually cry if I ended up decommissioning one of my cards.

Really hope your replacement is a magnificent clocker and that your loss isn't in vain!
Iscariot
(23 items)
 
  
Reply
Iscariot
(23 items)
 
  
Reply
post #5094 of 21388
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianIscariot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

Hmm I think I burned out my card bigeyedsmiley.png

Was doing some extreme clocking..now heaven crashes when trying bumping +50 on both core and mem. Flashed back to stock ln2, Power target pegs at 98% in any game with stock clocks. Never seen that before. I was going to RMA the card but decided against it as that wasn't the right thing to do. Replacement card will be here tomorrow buttkick.gif

Oh no!!! So sorry to hear that...you guys are crazy brave to be pushing your brand new hardware so much. I think I'd actually cry if I ended up decommissioning one of my cards.

Really hope your replacement is a magnificent clocker and that your loss isn't in vain!
lesson learned! Thanks for kind words. I'm done benching for now. Maybe a light overclock will suffice. But yeah, it's the worse feeling! Lol had anxiety attacks last night.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
post #5095 of 21388
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

lesson learned! Thanks for kind words. I'm done benching for now. Maybe a light overclock will suffice. But yeah, it's the worse feeling! Lol had anxiety attacks last night.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Don't give up on it yet Kris. You said you flashed back the LN2 bios and it works since you said it pegs at 98% PT.

What clocks is getting now with that bios?
Koniakki
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 8700K@5.1Ghz ASRock Z370 Extreme 4  Zotac Geforce GTX 1080Ti FE 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3733@CL15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 SSD Seagate Archive v2 8TB Seagate ST4000DM000 4TB Seagate Archive v2 8TB 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Alphacool NexXxoS Cool Answer 480 D5/UT60 W10 PRO x64 OEM DIGITAL Hitachi 55HK5W64 55" Smart LED Ultra HD  Corsair RMx 750W GOLD 
CaseMouseAudio
Thermatake Core X9 Logitech MK700/MK710 LG BH9540TW 9.1 Home Theater 
  hide details  
Reply
Koniakki
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 8700K@5.1Ghz ASRock Z370 Extreme 4  Zotac Geforce GTX 1080Ti FE 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3733@CL15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 SSD Seagate Archive v2 8TB Seagate ST4000DM000 4TB Seagate Archive v2 8TB 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Alphacool NexXxoS Cool Answer 480 D5/UT60 W10 PRO x64 OEM DIGITAL Hitachi 55HK5W64 55" Smart LED Ultra HD  Corsair RMx 750W GOLD 
CaseMouseAudio
Thermatake Core X9 Logitech MK700/MK710 LG BH9540TW 9.1 Home Theater 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5096 of 21388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koniakki View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

lesson learned! Thanks for kind words. I'm done benching for now. Maybe a light overclock will suffice. But yeah, it's the worse feeling! Lol had anxiety attacks last night.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Don't give up on it yet Kris. You said you flashed back the LN2 bios and it works since you said it pegs at 98% PT.

What clocks is getting now with that bios?
Going +78 on precision voltage tool and adding +50 on core and memory causes card to downclock like crazy. The card shouldn't be taxed at 98% PT with stock clocks on any game. Was never like that. I have a spare drive with fresh Windows and my card isn't being detected when trying to install the nvidia drivers.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
post #5097 of 21388
Well, after much deliberation I finally decided to make the decision to go with..... DRUM ROLL!!!!! The EVGA GTX 780 Classy because, well, I am a classy guy! No but in all seriousness since Amazon had a pretty good deal on it I only paid 20 bucks more for the classy over the Asus model. I think I made the right decision especially since the benchmarks clearly show the Classy ahead in most of the categories. I am a bit concerned about temps because the Asus model really had them beat on temps by about 10+ degrees, but I think I should be fine with the airflow in my new case.
The question to all of you great people now is, do I dare flash the bios?

Thoughts? Opinions?
post #5098 of 21388
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

nothing yet?

no I haven't seen anything yet. I have been checking the forums. Hopefully it would be announced here. I will let you know as soon as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittbull187 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

lachen.gif

haha indeed funny!! my bad 1260mhz/3105mhz have all the 3dmarks scores on my futuremark page as well im just learning this card so give me time to oc hehe

futuremark name Dr@k3 =egc=

valley screeny



firestrike extreme: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1311084
firestrike normal: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1311084

poke.gifcheers.gif

it could be throttling, what bios are you using and what voltages. you should have precision monitoring running in the background during a bench and show us that also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post

I have not tried the new Classified overvolt tool 2.0 yet, Is it working flawlessly now? I remember some people stating it had some issues

It seems to be working fine for me. There are times when I reduce the voltage and hit apply, my screen turns all these weird colors and I have to reboot. This has only happened 2 or 3 times so it doesn't bother me. It used to happen with the old tool also. I need to find out what voltages we are running at so I can really verify if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

I am still looking out for the firmware release, so for right now the ftw2002 bios is our only option, it works with both the evbot and software tool. But these cards are sick. This weekend I am going to get a dmm to try and verify the voltages.

I flashed my cards with the FTW.2002 bios, but I am having a problem with the classy tool.. I am running windows 8.1.. I run the classy tool and set top card to 1.212v and bottom card to 1.25v with the classy tool, I go to restart and when the pc starts booting it says your pc has run into a problem, and will not boot up, it then reboots again and starts diagnosing pc, then I have to restore and bring the pc back to a earlier point where it booted up, and when i boot into windows the shortcut I made for the classy tool is no longer there, so its definetly the classy tool.. I have tried the one at the beginning of thread and also grabbed the updated one on kingpin forums.. Any help with this is appreciated.. So for now, i am running skys bios that was removed and it works perfect. But I am limited to 1.212v..

I wonder if it could be a windows 8 issue, I have never used windows 8. Do you have an evbot to try and duplicate the issue. i forgot to look at your sig, but you are running ti's right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

Hmm I think I burned out my card bigeyedsmiley.png

Was doing some extreme clocking..now heaven crashes when trying bumping +50 on both core and mem. Flashed back to stock ln2, Power target pegs at 98% in any game with stock clocks. Never seen that before. I was going to RMA the card but decided against it as that wasn't the right thing to do. Replacement card will be here tomorrow buttkick.gif

what voltages were you running at. are you thinking you degraded the chip. I am feeling a little more brave after seeing ftw420 and mr. too short running 1.5v thru reference boards.
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel i7 core 5960x intel i7 core 4770k Rampage V Extreme Asus GTX 980 Strix 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
Asus 780 ti Matrix G-Skill Ripjawz 4 G-Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Evo 120gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron 120gb Corsair Neutron 120gb Kingpin Tek 9 Fat GPU Pot Kingpin F1 Extreme CPU Pot 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
EK Universal GPU Water Block EK Supremacy CPU Block Win 7 64 bit Win XP 32 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Samsung S27A950D Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy v3 Bench and Armaflex Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force Motherboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5099 of 21388
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

nothing yet?

no I haven't seen anything yet. I have been checking the forums. Hopefully it would be announced here. I will let you know as soon as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittbull187 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

lachen.gif

haha indeed funny!! my bad 1260mhz/3105mhz have all the 3dmarks scores on my futuremark page as well im just learning this card so give me time to oc hehe

futuremark name Dr@k3 =egc=

valley screeny



firestrike extreme: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1311084
firestrike normal: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1311084

poke.gifcheers.gif

it could be throttling, what bios are you using and what voltages. you should have precision monitoring running in the background during a bench and show us that also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post

I have not tried the new Classified overvolt tool 2.0 yet, Is it working flawlessly now? I remember some people stating it had some issues

It seems to be working fine for me. There are times when I reduce the voltage and hit apply, my screen turns all these weird colors and I have to reboot. This has only happened 2 or 3 times so it doesn't bother me. It used to happen with the old tool also. I need to find out what voltages we are running at so I can really verify if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

I am still looking out for the firmware release, so for right now the ftw2002 bios is our only option, it works with both the evbot and software tool. But these cards are sick. This weekend I am going to get a dmm to try and verify the voltages.

I flashed my cards with the FTW.2002 bios, but I am having a problem with the classy tool.. I am running windows 8.1.. I run the classy tool and set top card to 1.212v and bottom card to 1.25v with the classy tool, I go to restart and when the pc starts booting it says your pc has run into a problem, and will not boot up, it then reboots again and starts diagnosing pc, then I have to restore and bring the pc back to a earlier point where it booted up, and when i boot into windows the shortcut I made for the classy tool is no longer there, so its definetly the classy tool.. I have tried the one at the beginning of thread and also grabbed the updated one on kingpin forums.. Any help with this is appreciated.. So for now, i am running skys bios that was removed and it works perfect. But I am limited to 1.212v..

I wonder if it could be a windows 8 issue, I have never used windows 8. Do you have an evbot to try and duplicate the issue. i forgot to look at your sig, but you are running ti's right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

Hmm I think I burned out my card bigeyedsmiley.png

Was doing some extreme clocking..now heaven crashes when trying bumping +50 on both core and mem. Flashed back to stock ln2, Power target pegs at 98% in any game with stock clocks. Never seen that before. I was going to RMA the card but decided against it as that wasn't the right thing to do. Replacement card will be here tomorrow buttkick.gif

what voltages were you running at. are you thinking you degraded the chip. I am feeling a little more brave after seeing ftw420 and mr. too short running 1.5v thru reference boards.
1.3975 or close to it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
post #5100 of 21388
I think I did degrade my chip. Oh well, at least I have a back up now lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club