Originally Posted by boredgunner
I really don't find any console exclusive to be worth owning. Metal Gear Solid is so inferior as a stealth series these days, Uncharted has terrible gameplay and is too linear, The Last of Us is mediocre in most aspects
, Gears of War is just another casual mindless shooter franchise, Killzone doesn't stand out from other casual PvP shooters.
All consoles have really are JRPGs, family games, and sports games, if you're talking about genre exclusivity. PC on the other hand has most of the RPG genre, MMO, MOBA, RTS, TBS, horror, survival, racing simulators, flight simulators, mil-sims, strategic PvP shooters, the list goes on. Take your pick, generally speaking the most popular genres especially around here are (casual) shooters, which are pretty much equal on console vs PC (though dedicated servers on PC do make all the difference). MMOs and RTS have a ridiculous fanbase too, obviously PC is the go-to platform for that.
To name a few noteworthy PC exclusives:
- Most of the best RPGs are PC exclusive, even some multiplatform ones like TES and Fallout 3/NV might as well be PC exclusive due to mods like Carniflex said. These games without mods are just so gimped and not even playable for me anymore, having played them extensively with mods.
- Obsidian tends to develop only for PC, huge loss for consoles
- MMOs, MOBAs, RTS, or TBS games are pretty much exclusive to PC
- Horror games only exist on PC nowadays, such as the Amnesia and Penumbra series
- Survival games are mostly exclusive to PC, such as Miasmata and various upcoming titles. Including more survival-oriented co-op games, like No More Room in Hell and Killing Floor.
- Racing simulators and flight simulators only exist on PC
- Mil-sims like ArmA/OFP and Iron Front are only on PC
- You won't find strategic PvP shooters on consoles, such as Natural Selection 2 or Crysis Wars
- Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2, some of the only modern PvP shooters worth playing, are only on PC
- Garry's Mod is exclusive to PC
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series