Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Upgrade from Phenom II now or wait for Steamroller?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Upgrade from Phenom II now or wait for Steamroller? - Page 3

post #21 of 22
W8 for steamroller but ofc if you can get second hand 8320 or 8350 it could help in the mid term.
post #22 of 22
Thread Starter 
Thanks everyone for the replies. I think that currently, I will stay with my current CPU and MB. Looking at the options, switching to Intel seems a bit too expensive to get a 3570K and decent Intel MB, and other posters are bringing up worries about the MB VRMs on my current MB for the high end FX 8XXX series. With Steamroller releasing withing half a year, I think I will wait until I see the numbers for steamroller. Thanks for all the replies!
smile.gif
PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 MSI 970A-G46 Sapphire Dual-X HD7970 3GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSKeyboard
Primary OS drive Secondary data Drive Windows 8 Razer 2011-2012 Blackwidow  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ThermalTake Smart series 750Watt Lian Li Pitstop T-60 Roccat Lua Steelseries Qck 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 MSI 970A-G46 Sapphire Dual-X HD7970 3GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSKeyboard
Primary OS drive Secondary data Drive Windows 8 Razer 2011-2012 Blackwidow  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ThermalTake Smart series 750Watt Lian Li Pitstop T-60 Roccat Lua Steelseries Qck 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Upgrade from Phenom II now or wait for Steamroller?