Originally Posted by Matt-Matt
Fair enough on the look of it, but my point still stands. If you can afford three GTX 670's you should be able to afford a decent board
I'd leave your options open on other Z77 boards still, there have been a few cheap Z68 board I've seen around though.
Have you also considered a SLi hack?
What do you mean by "SLI hack?"
Thats true, i mean i was willing to upgrade to a Z77 board; but i dont like the looks of any of them.
1) I dont like gigabyte's heatsink design. Or the "ultra durable" word. (I hear very good things about the gigabyte boards)
2) Asrock makes ehhhh too simple designs
3) MSI makes boards with analog VRM's and simply all of them dont look that nice; maybe the Mpower looks the best. But the yellow doesnt match my theme.
4) Biostar????? Im not going with biostar lol
5) Not going with EVGA because of BIOS ridden problems
I mean.... i like ASUS and all; but i didnt like the Z77 sabertooth and found that the gap between the two cards on the Gene was just way too small.
Ive looked at the Z77 boards and i just dont think its worth it for me to spend 200-300 on a board that i wont even like how it looks, with features i barely use. I still have a couple more upgrades that i would find more valuable than getting an SSD at the time.
(im only a college student, mind you
I just wish they could of thought about making the heatsinks universal or something. Like you could interchange them among boards. That would pretty cool. I dont know why there isnt a market out there for it? :/