Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Servers › filezilla file transfer issue error 550 unbuntu server
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

filezilla file transfer issue error 550 unbuntu server

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
so filezilla's forums answers are useless and I cannot get any of the answers off the Ubuntu forum for oblivious reasons right now. But im experiencing the 550 issue, and the only thing I have tried so far is this http://www.designersgate.com/blogs/giving-privileges-to-directory-varwww-to-filezilla-ubuntu-12-10/ with no success.

Im not sure if its because when I installed webmin I updated everything and something is taking away my permissions, but I still have acess to my users folder though filezilla. any suggestions to get permissions for my var folder?

also forgive me if this is the wrong section, i did not know a better place to post this.
machine
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 asus m5a99x evo gigabyte R9 280x 16 gb corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ocz vertex 4 ocz vertex 3 ocz agility 2 1 tb western digital 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
water cooled win7 64bit samsung P2770HD razer black widow  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair ax650 silverstone raven rv-02 logitech g500 razer goliathus 
AudioAudio
sennheiser hd 558 xonar dx 
  hide details  
Reply
machine
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 asus m5a99x evo gigabyte R9 280x 16 gb corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ocz vertex 4 ocz vertex 3 ocz agility 2 1 tb western digital 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
water cooled win7 64bit samsung P2770HD razer black widow  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair ax650 silverstone raven rv-02 logitech g500 razer goliathus 
AudioAudio
sennheiser hd 558 xonar dx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac0tac0 View Post

so filezilla's forums answers are useless and I cannot get any of the answers off the Ubuntu forum for oblivious reasons right now. But im experiencing the 550 issue, and the only thing I have tried so far is this http://www.designersgate.com/blogs/giving-privileges-to-directory-varwww-to-filezilla-ubuntu-12-10/ with no success.

Im not sure if its because when I installed webmin I updated everything and something is taking away my permissions, but I still have acess to my users folder though filezilla. any suggestions to get permissions for my var folder?

also forgive me if this is the wrong section, i did not know a better place to post this.

I'm not sure what the "550 issue" is, but if you checked permissions ensure the ownership is also set right (chown). Why Filezilla though and why not just SFTP with OpenSSH or something?
post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonbob View Post

I'm not sure what the "550 issue" is, but if you checked permissions ensure the ownership is also set right (chown). Why Filezilla though and why not just SFTP with OpenSSH or something?
550 i believe is a permissions error. and because im just getting started with servers biggrin.gif

ill look into that as an option, but for now changing the ownership worked thanks!
machine
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 asus m5a99x evo gigabyte R9 280x 16 gb corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ocz vertex 4 ocz vertex 3 ocz agility 2 1 tb western digital 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
water cooled win7 64bit samsung P2770HD razer black widow  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair ax650 silverstone raven rv-02 logitech g500 razer goliathus 
AudioAudio
sennheiser hd 558 xonar dx 
  hide details  
Reply
machine
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 asus m5a99x evo gigabyte R9 280x 16 gb corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ocz vertex 4 ocz vertex 3 ocz agility 2 1 tb western digital 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
water cooled win7 64bit samsung P2770HD razer black widow  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair ax650 silverstone raven rv-02 logitech g500 razer goliathus 
AudioAudio
sennheiser hd 558 xonar dx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac0tac0 View Post

550 i believe is a permissions error. and because im just getting started with servers biggrin.gif

ill look into that as an option, but for now changing the ownership worked thanks!

If it works, leave it be!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Servers
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Servers › filezilla file transfer issue error 550 unbuntu server