Originally Posted by Lutfij
This is an amazing build log! I just recently came across this - so is this yet in the works or having you put a towel over it?
To answer your last questions:
1| adding mesh to the remaining cannibalized panels would help with your ventilation
2| the meshed area can help with the cards view by being aesthetical as well as functional
3| cablemanagement will help bring out the true character in this build...and make that frosty panel look that much more awesome! Spruce it up with some lighting and call it a day.
* I'd ask you to change the case feet though bro
Yeah I definitely need to rethink ventilation in this case.
In AutoCAD, I have generated some new sidepanels, just need to go to my university and see if I can borrow the laser cutter again.
I have been doing a lot of F@H and temperatures seem high, probably because I have no actual exhaust fan and I am only running the AP-15s (intake) @ 1200RPM.
Most likely, I will have to add a fan to the backpanel instead of a 3.5" HDD mount.
Originally Posted by Stizuner
Awesome build! Subbed to see the results.
I want to see the end of this build as well.
It has been ongoing way too long.
Originally Posted by alpenwasser
1 | If you can get the two silvers to match really well I think that would be a pretty nice idea.
I'd say try it out and see how well you can get things to match up. If you're getting the work
done by a paint shop, see if you can get a sample. And as Lutfij said, some mesh wouldn't
2 | If you do a window there, I recommend going with frosted acrylic as well, otherwise I think it
might look a bit weird (maybe that's just me though). If you can't do a window due SSD/HDD
mounting, some mesh for ventilation is not a bad idea IMO.
3 | Completely agree with Lutfij on this one: Frosted acrylic, tip top cable management and some
well-placed lighting inside should make this very unique and absolutely drool worthy.
Thanks for the tips!
I've made some changes to the build to make it less cluttered inside, photos to follow later, but in a nutshell:
- Removed external rad connection (aesthetically it just wasn't cutting it with all the extra tubing runs)
- Removed Aquaero 5 (clear up clutter)
- Single aluminum backpanel is now two aluminum L-channels on the sides with acrylic attached.
Quick small update to show the last bit of work I have done on the build:
I present to you, power supply exhaust diversion plate V1
Must reduce the amount of exhaust recirculating within the case.
I am getting more comfortable with the bender but most importantly, more accurate.
Another photo of tight clearances: HDD, GFX, PSU (left to right)
I still need to put some rubber washers between the case and HDD to dampen vibrations; should be just enough room.
Two SSDs will go below the HDD, still need to make a mounting bracket!
A backplate for the GFX card would be possible too, just barely.
Bought one of these fan splitter PCBs rather than using wires.
It fit perfectly between the edge of the case and the radiator, I did not plan for this.
Got lucky this time :thumbsup:
Till next time...