Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [OFFICIAL] Asus Maximus VI Hero Owners and Overclocking Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] Asus Maximus VI Hero Owners and Overclocking Club - Page 186

post #1851 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeit View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. Yea, I mean I got the black because it's supposed to have better performance then the one I have (Though maybe not anything noticeable). It just doesn't make sense to use my $65 seagate for games, and the $100 WD black for data. (though I got the black on sale, and used $30 credit I had. Got it for $50 out of pocket)

I think a lot of the problems would be with registry pointing towards the wrong drive. The black will be set to the drive my hdd currently uses so I"m thinking that won't cause issues with the registry. Also, since it isn't a OS drive, and all of my programs are on the SSD not that hdd, it might not be a issue.

Well, if push comes to shove, I'll just reinstall all of my games to the wd the hard way. Sucks, but, got to do what you've got to do.

my wd black to my wd green there is a lot lot more performance but not as much as on ssd if you brought it for the performance its pretty fast compared to the green I would do a fresh install but it will be worth the wait in my eyes
post #1852 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubbin09 View Post

my wd black to my wd green there is a lot lot more performance but not as much as on ssd if you brought it for the performance its pretty fast compared to the green I would do a fresh install but it will be worth the wait in my eyes

Yea, a fresh install is always good.

However, since the only thing on the drive are files and games installed through steam, I'm pretty sure I can get away with simply copying my whole seagate hdd to my WD black, then setting the WD black to my Seagates old drive letter. If after doing that I see any issues, then I'll just reinstall everything.

It should work out fine as long as I change the drive letters I'd think. To be honest, downloading all of my games again is less than optimal. Since me and my ol'lady both use this connection, I'm forced to set my steam download to 512kps max which ends up being lucky to pulling in 3 - 400kps when limited like that. It would take a long time just to dl a few of my larger games, let alone everything.

Now, I think there are ways to back the game up, and move, but even that takes a long time. I'm just going to copy/paste one drive to the other, and see how it works out. Since it's only games and data, I don't think it should be much of a issue. Even if maybe less than optimal.
     
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-7820x H115i TUF X299 Mark 1 GTX 1080 ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB @ 3600 Samsung 960 evo 500gb m.2 Samsung 850 evo 500GB 1Tb HDD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 pro Acer Predator X34 (34" 21:9 Gsync) DAS Keyboard 4 Professional SeaSonic X Series X-850 (SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3)  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout with Window Logitech G700s ONKYO TX-NR525 (Receiver) Polk Audio CS2 Series II (Center) 
AudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II (x4) Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 (12" Sub) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4790k MSI Z97A Gaming 6 EVGA 1050 Ti Corsair Vegence Pro 16gb (2400) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 (OS) Seagate 1tb hybrid hdd Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
XB270HU (1440p/144Hz/Gsync) RM850 Rosewill R5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-7820x H115i TUF X299 Mark 1 GTX 1080 ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB @ 3600 Samsung 960 evo 500gb m.2 Samsung 850 evo 500GB 1Tb HDD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 pro Acer Predator X34 (34" 21:9 Gsync) DAS Keyboard 4 Professional SeaSonic X Series X-850 (SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3)  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout with Window Logitech G700s ONKYO TX-NR525 (Receiver) Polk Audio CS2 Series II (Center) 
AudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II (x4) Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 (12" Sub) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4790k MSI Z97A Gaming 6 EVGA 1050 Ti Corsair Vegence Pro 16gb (2400) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 (OS) Seagate 1tb hybrid hdd Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
XB270HU (1440p/144Hz/Gsync) RM850 Rosewill R5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1853 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeit View Post

Yea, a fresh install is always good.

However, since the only thing on the drive are files and games installed through steam, I'm pretty sure I can get away with simply copying my whole seagate hdd to my WD black, then setting the WD black to my Seagates old drive letter. If after doing that I see any issues, then I'll just reinstall everything.

It should work out fine as long as I change the drive letters I'd think. To be honest, downloading all of my games again is less than optimal. Since me and my ol'lady both use this connection, I'm forced to set my steam download to 512kps max which ends up being lucky to pulling in 3 - 400kps when limited like that. It would take a long time just to dl a few of my larger games, let alone everything.

Now, I think there are ways to back the game up, and move, but even that takes a long time. I'm just going to copy/paste one drive to the other, and see how it works out. Since it's only games and data, I don't think it should be much of a issue. Even if maybe less than optimal.

I pretty sure the steam games are in steamapps then its in common there not the problem because you can copy them but the problem I think is you might need to install your programs again I didn't know If you can copy and paste programs like that because there been installed from .exe
post #1854 of 2766






20140223_105208.jpg


new case, new corsair 100i with push and pull, new Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX3M2A1600C9 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 but wont be here till next week
post #1855 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeit View Post

Yo.

I'm getting a new HDD in in a few days. Currently I have a SSD for OS, and a seagate hdd for games. I'm getting in a WD black hdd, and want to now use that for games, and the seagate for data/other. My question is, any ideas how I should go about this? This is the first time I'm adding a hdd that won't replace another. I'm not really sure how I should handle this.

Should I

Install the new hdd, clone my old one to it, format the old one and then move data files to it such as movies?

Or would it be better to just redo all of my games downloads and installs on the new hdd?

I'll be switching the driver names around. Currently my hdd is set to D:, I'm going to change that one to E:, and make my new one D:. That should cover anything in the registry I'd think.

Any idea what which would be the best way to handle this?

simple, just add the new drive. Install the latest firmware, if it has any.
You will have to re-install the games because most modern day games are registered. Also if you're going to change the paths (Changing drive letters), do this before re-installing the games.
post #1856 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

simple, just add the new drive. Install the latest firmware, if it has any.
You will have to re-install the games because most modern day games are registered. Also if you're going to change the paths (Changing drive letters), do this before re-installing the games.

do as this guy says but the new HDD might not be in my computer yet im using win7

click the Start button Picture of the Start button, and type (create and format hard disk partitions)

2.In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.
3.Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume.
4.In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.
5.Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.
6.Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.
7.In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:
•If you don't want to format the volume right now, click Do not format this volume, and then click Next.
•To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.
8.Review your choices, and then click Finish.
post #1857 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

simple, just add the new drive. Install the latest firmware, if it has any.
You will have to re-install the games because most modern day games are registered. Also if you're going to change the paths (Changing drive letters), do this before re-installing the games.

Well yea, I'd change the drive letter before trying to run the games. tongue.gif

*My HDD just shipped, and Newegg mailed it DHL. So, I won't see that drive until the end of the week, assuming it doesn't get lost in the mail the the fans they shipped me through DHL last week. Still waiting on getting that settled.
     
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-7820x H115i TUF X299 Mark 1 GTX 1080 ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB @ 3600 Samsung 960 evo 500gb m.2 Samsung 850 evo 500GB 1Tb HDD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 pro Acer Predator X34 (34" 21:9 Gsync) DAS Keyboard 4 Professional SeaSonic X Series X-850 (SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3)  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout with Window Logitech G700s ONKYO TX-NR525 (Receiver) Polk Audio CS2 Series II (Center) 
AudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II (x4) Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 (12" Sub) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4790k MSI Z97A Gaming 6 EVGA 1050 Ti Corsair Vegence Pro 16gb (2400) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 (OS) Seagate 1tb hybrid hdd Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
XB270HU (1440p/144Hz/Gsync) RM850 Rosewill R5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-7820x H115i TUF X299 Mark 1 GTX 1080 ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB @ 3600 Samsung 960 evo 500gb m.2 Samsung 850 evo 500GB 1Tb HDD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 pro Acer Predator X34 (34" 21:9 Gsync) DAS Keyboard 4 Professional SeaSonic X Series X-850 (SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3)  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout with Window Logitech G700s ONKYO TX-NR525 (Receiver) Polk Audio CS2 Series II (Center) 
AudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II (x4) Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 (12" Sub) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4790k MSI Z97A Gaming 6 EVGA 1050 Ti Corsair Vegence Pro 16gb (2400) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 (OS) Seagate 1tb hybrid hdd Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
XB270HU (1440p/144Hz/Gsync) RM850 Rosewill R5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1858 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubbin09 View Post







20140223_105208.jpg


new case, new corsair 100i with push and pull, new Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX3M2A1600C9 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 but wont be here till next week

Hey, i'm curious what temps are you getting with the H100i. Do you have the 4670k or the 4770k? Vcore? Multiplier? Stress test temps? I have a similar rig with crossfire, 4770k and h100i. But my temps are a bit high 44x 1.265v (1.28vcore) and temps reach low 90's in ibt and prime.
post #1859 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahix View Post

Hey, i'm curious what temps are you getting with the H100i. Do you have the 4670k or the 4770k? Vcore? Multiplier? Stress test temps? I have a similar rig with crossfire, 4770k and h100i. But my temps are a bit high 44x 1.265v (1.28vcore) and temps reach low 90's in ibt and prime.

Did you even look at the pics he posted? All our questions would be answered
post #1860 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJaminJr View Post

Did you even look at the pics he posted? All our questions would be answered

The pictures still don't answer my question about temps, ibt has breathing periods which could be happening during the time of the screenshot, besides they don't show max core temps.
Anyways, I want his opinion on my current temps. I don't remember asking you anything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [OFFICIAL] Asus Maximus VI Hero Owners and Overclocking Club