TITAN is most likely an entirely new kind of game that doesn't fall into any of the 3 genres that Blizzard are already covering (Dungeon crawler, RTS, MMO). Releasing a game that interferes with (i.e. is similar to) Blizzard's big 3 is something I simply can't see happening, it would only end up dividing their own playerbase.
Some more Blizzard news (source: MMO-Champion
Edited by Tippy - 8/1/13 at 7:08pm
- Blizzard had their normal earnings call today, after the announcement last week that WoW was down to 7.7 million subscribers.
- Titan will not be a subscription based MMO. Blizzard is still working on a new direction and plan for the project.
- The decline in subscribers in Q2 was more evenly split between Asia and the West.
- Blizzard will continue to work on making the process of rejoining the game smoother.
- The subscriber churn rate was very positively impacted by Patch 5.2 and 5.3.
- Blizzard All-Stars is in wider internal testing and will be talked about more later this year.
- Diablo 3 has sold over 12 million copies.