Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [SOE] EverQuest Next to be revealed today @ SOE Live
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[SOE] EverQuest Next to be revealed today @ SOE Live - Page 4

post #31 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdub303 View Post

I loved EQ1 when I played it, I was hoping EQ: Next would bring it back in some form. But I am highly doubting that EQ:Next will do anything of the sort, it looks like minecraft more than anything.

I was also huge in raid progression in WoW Classic and WoW BC... both had awesome raid progression in them as well.

The "minecraft" looking part was the EQ Next Landmark, not EQ Next.

Just found this Q&A posted on EQHammer. #9 sounds pretty sweet:
http://www.eqhammer.com/interview/everquest-next-qa

9) Is it possible for the players to discover hidden dungeons, caves, aquifers, etc. throughout the world of Norrath? - Varrock

This is where some of the real magic of EverQuest Next comes in. Remember earlier in this interview, we mentioned that there would be digging involved in EQNext? And that virtually everything is destructible? Well that’s exactly how you’re going to find a number of hidden dungeons, hidden caves, and pockets of open earth to explore. Some of these will contain rare treasures. Worried about everyone else then reading a guide on the internet about how to get that item? Don’t be, because the area will not stick around forever. In fact, it may not even stick around very long at all.

The game will contain a lot of procedurally generated content that will only be around for short periods of time. This means you can spend an ungodly amount of time always exploring new areas, and discovering areas that no player has ever seen before – this holds true even months after the game has been released. Consider it part of a brilliant fix to a problem all games in the industry currently have – players burn through content too quickly.

Don’t think this means there aren’t dungeons and more that haven’t been hand crafted and scattered throughout the world though – both on the surface and underground. The team isn’t relying on only system generated content. All this also combines with another aspect I talked about earlier and that’s NPC behavior.

Similar to how things work in Skyrim, let’s say you go into an area and keep kicking the snot out of the Orcs that have made a certain ruin their home, they eventually won’t come back… but that doesn’t mean something bigger and badder that wanders by won’t stop and decide to make this area its new home.
Edited by EVILNOK - 8/2/13 at 3:21pm
post #32 of 39
I don't understand people, so SOE shows something that yes it pulls tips out of other games, but above all seems quite interesting if they can actually pull it off, and people start complaining like little kids, I personally have hi hopes for this game, had low expectations to it before the stream, but they manage to impressive.

It looks like it is gonna have very in depth mechanics, just wandering what happens when you have 20-50 people battling and smashing at the same time near each other might be a complete chaos, then again I kinda love chaos.
Ghost
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 - 3570k [4.7GHz] MSI MPower Z77 EVGA GTX 670 [1280MHZ] 2x Corsair Vengeance 4Gb  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 2Tb WD Caviar Green Corsair H100 [4xBitFenix Specter W] W7 Ultimate 64Bits Crossover 3020MDP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 6G v2 PowerColor PX 1000W  Dimastech Bench Table Easy 2.5 DUAL Corsair M90 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXeMat X Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghost
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 - 3570k [4.7GHz] MSI MPower Z77 EVGA GTX 670 [1280MHZ] 2x Corsair Vengeance 4Gb  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 2Tb WD Caviar Green Corsair H100 [4xBitFenix Specter W] W7 Ultimate 64Bits Crossover 3020MDP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 6G v2 PowerColor PX 1000W  Dimastech Bench Table Easy 2.5 DUAL Corsair M90 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXeMat X Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotFound404 View Post

I don't understand people, so SOE shows something that yes it pulls tips out of other games, but above all seems quite interesting if they can actually pull it off, and people start complaining like little kids, I personally have hi hopes for this game, had low expectations to it before the stream, but they manage to impressive.

It looks like it is gonna have very in depth mechanics, just wandering what happens when you have 20-50 people battling and smashing at the same time near each other might be a complete chaos, then again I kinda love chaos.

I agree. Every good game borrows things from previous games. As long as they improve upon it and it isn't just a copy/paste I don't see the problem. People complain about wanting something new etc etc. It takes time to see what works, reshape it, and make it your own. Everyone is so negative these days. It's fine to be skeptical and have a differing opinion etc. But I just hate when people start jumping to conclusions or just says "its sucks lawlnoob" etc. I really hope it turns out to be something special. I need a new long-term MMO.
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK View Post

I agree. Every good game borrows things from previous games. As long as they improve upon it and it isn't just a copy/paste I don't see the problem. People complain about wanting something new etc etc. It takes time to see what works, reshape it, and make it your own. Everyone is so negative these days. It's fine to be skeptical and have a differing opinion etc. But I just hate when people start jumping to conclusions or just says "its sucks lawlnoob" etc. I really hope it turns out to be something special. I need a new long-term MMO.

For sure... And they haven't really released anything on party and combat mechanics... so I'm reserving judgement until they release more info. I'm just not as excited as I thought I would be... but who knows... this could be revolutionary.
post #35 of 39
there are combat mechanics details in my thead.
post #36 of 39
Ultima Online was 1000X better than Everquest. Well it was until UO tried to be like EQ, and made PVP an option as opposed to a part of life in UO.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 950 Asus Sabertooth Gigabyte 6850 G.skill 6gigs ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar 1TBg Samsung DVD-RW Win 7 Home Asus 27" LED 
PowerCase
Cool Master eXtreme 650w 1200 Antec 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 950 Asus Sabertooth Gigabyte 6850 G.skill 6gigs ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar 1TBg Samsung DVD-RW Win 7 Home Asus 27" LED 
PowerCase
Cool Master eXtreme 650w 1200 Antec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesaro Summability View Post

Ultima Online was 1000X better than Everquest. Well it was until UO tried to be like EQ, and made PVP an option as opposed to a part of life in UO.

Stupid EQ. Ruined UO with the introduction of Trammel mad.gif
the dude
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorCase
2500k 680 GTX s23a950d ft02 
  hide details  
Reply
the dude
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorCase
2500k 680 GTX s23a950d ft02 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdub303 View Post

Exactly! I loved how the world was so dangerous you HAD to form a community. It gave the game world so much more soul and life. I miss that... I want a game to go back to our roots a little.

So true. See that's one of the other things that disappointed me about GW2. They had hyped up about how easy is to team up with people to do events and such, but in reality you don't ever need to talk to the random person you come accross doing the same thing as you. Ever. You can, but you never really need to. Unless you're doing a dungeon, or a hard personal story quest you can pretty much solo your way to level 80.

In EverQuest, you had to group up, you had to form communities, you had to go up to every random person you came accross and press the "h" button.
The New Precious
(21 items)
 
My Precious...
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] Core i7-4790k [ASUS] Z97-DELUXE [ASUS] GTX 980 Strix [Corsair] Vengance Pro Series 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[Crucial] M550 512GB [WD] Black 3TB x 2 [EK] Supremacy EVO - Gold [EK] GTX 980 Strix - Fullcover w/ Backplate 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
[EK] D5 X-RES Top 100 w/ D5 Vario [Monsoon] 3/8" ID 5/8" OD Compressions - Gold [XSPC] EX240 x 2 [Corsair] SP120 x 5 / AF120 x 1 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[Windows] 8.1 Pro 64-bit [BenQ] XL2420TX [Corsair] K70 - Red switches [Corsair] AX750 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
[Corsair] Carbide Air 540 [Razer] Naga Epic [Audio Technica] ATH-A700  [Antlion] ModMic 
Other
[Lamptron] FC5-V2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] Core i7-960 [ASUS] Rampage III Formula [EVGA] GTX 670 FTW 2GB [Corsair] Dominator-GT 6GB DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
[Crucial] M4 128GB [Samsung] Spinpoint F3 1TB x2 [WD] Caviar Black 750GB [XSPC] Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
[EVGA] GTX 680 Hydro Copper w/ Backplate  [XSPC] EX360 and EX240 [XSPC] Dual-bay Res w/ [Swiftech] MCP655 [Scythe] Gentle Typhoon AP-15 x 5 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[Bitfenix] Spectre Pro Red LED - 140mm x 4 [Windows] 7 Ultimate 64-Bit [BenQ] XL2420TX [Saitek] Cyborg V.5 Red LED 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
[Corsair] AX850 [NZXT] Switch 810 Matte Black [Razer] Naga Epic Red LED [Audio Technica] ATH-A700 
AudioOther
[ASUS] Xonar Essence STX [Lamptron] FC5-V2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[Intel] Core M-5Y10 [Intel] HD Graphics 5300 [Generic?] 8 GB DDR3 [Generic?] 256GB SSD 
OSMonitor
[Microsoft] Windows 10 1920 x 1080 
  hide details  
Reply
The New Precious
(21 items)
 
My Precious...
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] Core i7-4790k [ASUS] Z97-DELUXE [ASUS] GTX 980 Strix [Corsair] Vengance Pro Series 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[Crucial] M550 512GB [WD] Black 3TB x 2 [EK] Supremacy EVO - Gold [EK] GTX 980 Strix - Fullcover w/ Backplate 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
[EK] D5 X-RES Top 100 w/ D5 Vario [Monsoon] 3/8" ID 5/8" OD Compressions - Gold [XSPC] EX240 x 2 [Corsair] SP120 x 5 / AF120 x 1 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[Windows] 8.1 Pro 64-bit [BenQ] XL2420TX [Corsair] K70 - Red switches [Corsair] AX750 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
[Corsair] Carbide Air 540 [Razer] Naga Epic [Audio Technica] ATH-A700  [Antlion] ModMic 
Other
[Lamptron] FC5-V2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] Core i7-960 [ASUS] Rampage III Formula [EVGA] GTX 670 FTW 2GB [Corsair] Dominator-GT 6GB DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
[Crucial] M4 128GB [Samsung] Spinpoint F3 1TB x2 [WD] Caviar Black 750GB [XSPC] Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
[EVGA] GTX 680 Hydro Copper w/ Backplate  [XSPC] EX360 and EX240 [XSPC] Dual-bay Res w/ [Swiftech] MCP655 [Scythe] Gentle Typhoon AP-15 x 5 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[Bitfenix] Spectre Pro Red LED - 140mm x 4 [Windows] 7 Ultimate 64-Bit [BenQ] XL2420TX [Saitek] Cyborg V.5 Red LED 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
[Corsair] AX850 [NZXT] Switch 810 Matte Black [Razer] Naga Epic Red LED [Audio Technica] ATH-A700 
AudioOther
[ASUS] Xonar Essence STX [Lamptron] FC5-V2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[Intel] Core M-5Y10 [Intel] HD Graphics 5300 [Generic?] 8 GB DDR3 [Generic?] 256GB SSD 
OSMonitor
[Microsoft] Windows 10 1920 x 1080 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdub303 View Post

For sure... And they haven't really released anything on party and combat mechanics... so I'm reserving judgement until they release more info. I'm just not as excited as I thought I would be... but who knows... this could be revolutionary.
I completely agree. I miss EQ1 and I have always compared other MMOs to it... however, You have to go into this knowing that it will most likely not be anything like EQ1. Hope it reignites your love for the game by being that much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Beregond View Post

So true. See that's one of the other things that disappointed me about GW2. They had hyped up about how easy is to team up with people to do events and such, but in reality you don't ever need to talk to the random person you come accross doing the same thing as you. Ever. You can, but you never really need to. Unless you're doing a dungeon, or a hard personal story quest you can pretty much solo your way to level 80.

In EverQuest, you had to group up, you had to form communities, you had to go up to every random person you came accross and press the "h" button.

Also, I really hope that this becomes the way of the game again. I can't stand the new WoW mentalities of go to town on quests by yourself till 80 and do dungeons, I miss doing camp checks and getting Crushbone-HHK groups and such.

Plus, the forcing of people to work together and communicate as such definitely gave EQ1 a great community. There were always people willing to help. Long last Veeshan thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [SOE] EverQuest Next to be revealed today @ SOE Live