Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Cooler Master Elite 130?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cooler Master Elite 130? - Page 4

post #31 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillThePancake View Post

Yep lol. The ITX version is a massive waste of space. I'm just stuck between mATX and Mini ITX now.
Well, if you find yourself only ever using 1 pcie slot anyhow, like me, then ITX is the way to go. But if it makes you feel more comfortable having pcie expand ability them mATX. mATX cases and boards are a little more overclocking friendly I would think.

It's just so cool to have a powerful PC in a really tiny ITX case though. I like that.
post #32 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by andydviking View Post

Well, if you find yourself only ever using 1 pcie slot anyhow, like me, then ITX is the way to go. But if it makes you feel more comfortable having pcie expand ability them mATX. mATX cases and boards are a little more overclocking friendly I would think.

It's just so cool to have a powerful PC in a really tiny ITX case though. I like that.

I'm trying to find this balance myself. I want to maintain around a 4ghz overclock on my 3570k and I have the fattest 680 they made, but I'm worried if I switch to ITX I won't be able to manage the heat.
post #33 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andydviking View Post

Well, if you find yourself only ever using 1 pcie slot anyhow, like me, then ITX is the way to go. But if it makes you feel more comfortable having pcie expand ability them mATX. mATX cases and boards are a little more overclocking friendly I would think.

It's just so cool to have a powerful PC in a really tiny ITX case though. I like that.
The only reason to expand would be for another GPU adn maybe a wifi card. But a good mITX board would already have Wifi on board. Not to mention the overclocking abilities and 4 RAM slots in an mATX board. I do agree with the "small powerhouse". It amuses me as well biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRock View Post

I'm trying to find this balance myself. I want to maintain around a 4ghz overclock on my 3570k and I have the fattest 680 they made, but I'm worried if I switch to ITX I won't be able to manage the heat.
I'm in the same boat :b
post #34 of 177
Neat little case- I cant believe they stuffed a 7990 in there! Lucky bastards~biggrin.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
amd fx 6100 asus m5a97 msi radeon 6970 Msi radeon 6970  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
corsair vengence BLUE  baracuda seagate 7200 rpm asus sata 24x drw thermaltake contac 30 cpu cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 7 home premium 64 bit LG 26 inch led 1900x1080 resolution logitech mk 260 coolermaster 750 watt gx bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
coolermaster 430 elite logitech mk 260 logitech mk 260 sony reciver hooked up to asus optical port 
OtherOther
2 blue cathode lights and 4 coolmax blue led f... Modright sleeved blue molex to sata x 4  
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
amd fx 6100 asus m5a97 msi radeon 6970 Msi radeon 6970  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
corsair vengence BLUE  baracuda seagate 7200 rpm asus sata 24x drw thermaltake contac 30 cpu cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 7 home premium 64 bit LG 26 inch led 1900x1080 resolution logitech mk 260 coolermaster 750 watt gx bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
coolermaster 430 elite logitech mk 260 logitech mk 260 sony reciver hooked up to asus optical port 
OtherOther
2 blue cathode lights and 4 coolmax blue led f... Modright sleeved blue molex to sata x 4  
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillThePancake View Post


I'm in the same boat :b

So what all have you pulled the trigger on and what way are you leaning?
post #36 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRock View Post

So what all have you pulled the trigger on and what way are you leaning?
I'm kind of just thinking of sucking it up and going mITX and just deal with the lack of features. Pretty much anything will be better than my current pc. Not to mention the size advantages. It's just the oc'ing advantages and more expandable features of larger form factors makes me want to go bigger. But I do move my pc around a lot, so idk. It's still a toss up.
post #37 of 177
Do you think you'll be able to pull a moderate OC out of an ITX at least? 4.0 or so?
post #38 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM MR HAF View Post

PSU bracket was included at the request of end users who use PSU =>180mm which is about any PSU above 650W. We will have a flatter PSU bracket coming but it won't be included for compatibility reasons.

So, the bracket for a non-stickout PSU is available for purchase as an separate unit? Interesting, I might go for it. I'm mainly interested in the front cooling, as I was hoping to install my mini-itx server on it with 3-4 3.5" HDD on it. Right now, my mini-itx case is working but the cooling is inefficient (for my noise level)
post #39 of 177
CMRajiv
Today at 8:30 pm
Hey there,

Release is for 8/27 but stock will be at Amazon by first or second week of Amazon. (Believe he meant to say september)
post #40 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRock View Post

CMRajiv
Today at 8:30 pm
Hey there,

Release is for 8/27 but stock will be at Amazon by first or second week of Amazon. (Believe he meant to say september)
Sweeeeeet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Cooler Master Elite 130?