Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Linux Gaming › [OFFICIAL] Linux Gamers Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] Linux Gamers Club - Page 82

post #811 of 1010
There is a package in the AUR if you're using Arch or an Arch derivative.
post #812 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari8608 View Post

There is a package in the AUR if you're using Arch or an Arch derivative.

I'm sorry I should have been clearer.. I have Minecraft from the AUR but only have the demo version. I'd rather not spend 26.95usd.. And was wondering if there was a site like steam, humble or similar that had it for a lower price. Not really interested in "free" if you know what I mean.
post #813 of 1010
I just noticed this club this morning......

LinuxMint 17 x64
L4D2 through Steam
been using Linux since Ubuntu 7.10
post #814 of 1010
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOS Chuck View Post

I just noticed this club this morning......

LinuxMint 17 x64
L4D2 through Steam
been using Linux since Ubuntu 7.10

Awesome!  I will add you to the list!

post #815 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunRises View Post

Awesome!  I will add you to the list!

Can I be added?

Arch w/XFCE
Talos Principal is my main game currently
I have about 5 or so months into Linux.
post #816 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtuning View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari8608 View Post

There is a package in the AUR if you're using Arch or an Arch derivative.

I'm sorry I should have been clearer.. I have Minecraft from the AUR but only have the demo version. I'd rather not spend 26.95usd.. And was wondering if there was a site like steam, humble or similar that had it for a lower price. Not really interested in "free" if you know what I mean.

There isn't anywhere else to buy it last I checked. You have to purchase from Mojang.
post #817 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari8608 View Post

There isn't anywhere else to buy it last I checked. You have to purchase from Mojang.

I believe you are right. I'm just being cheap.. At least that's what my wife is saying. Lol.
post #818 of 1010
Hi all, is steamOS convo welcome here? or is there a dedicated SteamOS discussion thread (I couldn't find one at least)
I have Ryzen!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 3.7GHz 1.3v MSI B350M Mortar Arctic Asus Strix RX470 4GB Corsair Vengance LPX 3200 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 240GB Transcend 480GB Wraith Spire Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U2412M CM Quick Fire (Brown Switches) Rosewill Valens 500W Gold Corsiar Carbide Air 240 
Mouse
Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
I have Ryzen!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 3.7GHz 1.3v MSI B350M Mortar Arctic Asus Strix RX470 4GB Corsair Vengance LPX 3200 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 240GB Transcend 480GB Wraith Spire Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U2412M CM Quick Fire (Brown Switches) Rosewill Valens 500W Gold Corsiar Carbide Air 240 
Mouse
Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #819 of 1010
I think a lot of the people here believe that *your favorite distro + Steam > SteamOS'. But I'm sure there is nothing wrong talking about it here if you have anything to share, since most people gaming on Linux use Steam.

On that note, I guess I should throw my hat in the ring:

1 - LXLE
2 - Unturned via Steam, Runescape via Unix client, Super TuxKart, 0 A.D.
3- Over a year all Linux no Windows, but still a noob
4 - Ulikebigboom?

On Unturned they recently added a plane and choppers and an Arena mode which is really fun. I hadn't tried it in multiplayer since my internet was terrible until recently. It's amazing how one guy making the whole game is always coming out with updates and adding things people want. Plus it is free to play and $5 for gold membership. I don't play it everyday, but I usually binge on it for hours at a time. Super addictive!

Runescape is, well, Runescape. Now that they have bonds you can buy with in game currency it is a lot better. I never got membership until recently. It's alright. Super TuxKart feeds my Kart addiction better than any of the Mario based games. It works with my Logitech PS2 wheel! 0 A.D. is pretty awesome. Good RTS that really kicks the crap out of my weak hardware when the unit count starts to climb. SNES9X GTK+ is an awesome emulator port for anyone looking to kill time on SNES games. I set it up on my Braswell computer and runs well since nothing else does biggrin.gif

I haven't been doing much in the way of gaming besides mostly AFK Runescape and a binge of Unturned here and there. Everything has been running pretty well so I really can't complain. I have a ton of other little physics games that are fun and super cheap on Steam sales. Most of my Steam library is Linux games and some of the others like Airmech and One Way Heroics run well enough in Steam under WINE. There is supposed to be a way to get Airmech to run natively but I never tried it yet. GTA4 barely ran in Windows with integrated graphics and unplayable in Linux, but I haven't tried with newer kernel or graphics stack yet. I'm holding out for *buntu16.04. I need to do more testing with the little graphics card I grabbed a while back. I put my GT 720 in my Braswell computer just for laughs and the whole rig was drawing about 23 watts max. Granted that mobo only has x1 going to the x16 slot and the single core CPU performance was crippling, but I should be able to use it on my HTPC without blowing past the limits of my 90 watt PSU. Just curious if the performance will be much better vs the power increase. I guess there is only one way to find out!
post #820 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleer Kut View Post

I think a lot of the people here believe that *your favorite distro + Steam > SteamOS'. But I'm sure there is nothing wrong talking about it here if you have anything to share, since most people gaming on Linux use Steam.

On that note, I guess I should throw my hat in the ring:

1 - LXLE
2 - Unturned via Steam, Runescape via Unix client, Super TuxKart, 0 A.D.
3- Over a year all Linux no Windows, but still a noob
4 - Ulikebigboom?

On Unturned they recently added a plane and choppers and an Arena mode which is really fun. I hadn't tried it in multiplayer since my internet was terrible until recently. It's amazing how one guy making the whole game is always coming out with updates and adding things people want. Plus it is free to play and $5 for gold membership. I don't play it everyday, but I usually binge on it for hours at a time. Super addictive!

Runescape is, well, Runescape. Now that they have bonds you can buy with in game currency it is a lot better. I never got membership until recently. It's alright. Super TuxKart feeds my Kart addiction better than any of the Mario based games. It works with my Logitech PS2 wheel! 0 A.D. is pretty awesome. Good RTS that really kicks the crap out of my weak hardware when the unit count starts to climb. SNES9X GTK+ is an awesome emulator port for anyone looking to kill time on SNES games. I set it up on my Braswell computer and runs well since nothing else does biggrin.gif

I haven't been doing much in the way of gaming besides mostly AFK Runescape and a binge of Unturned here and there. Everything has been running pretty well so I really can't complain. I have a ton of other little physics games that are fun and super cheap on Steam sales. Most of my Steam library is Linux games and some of the others like Airmech and One Way Heroics run well enough in Steam under WINE. There is supposed to be a way to get Airmech to run natively but I never tried it yet. GTA4 barely ran in Windows with integrated graphics and unplayable in Linux, but I haven't tried with newer kernel or graphics stack yet. I'm holding out for *buntu16.04. I need to do more testing with the little graphics card I grabbed a while back. I put my GT 720 in my Braswell computer just for laughs and the whole rig was drawing about 23 watts max. Granted that mobo only has x1 going to the x16 slot and the single core CPU performance was crippling, but I should be able to use it on my HTPC without blowing past the limits of my 90 watt PSU. Just curious if the performance will be much better vs the power increase. I guess there is only one way to find out!

Supertux kart is a lot of fun. My kids love it. We sit for hours playing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Linux Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Linux Gaming › [OFFICIAL] Linux Gamers Club