Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Can it fit a Noctua NH-D14 ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can it fit a Noctua NH-D14 ?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
My Aerocool VS-3 case can fit a cooler master hyper 212 evo ( Which I now use) Can it fit a Noctua NH-D14 ( or any noctua cooler that is better hyper 212 evo) ? I want to buy it for more overclocking my fx 8350 without changing my pc case.

P.S: I use 2 corsair venagance rams in the last two sockets which are away from the cpu. I also have 2 extra low height rams. and I will use them if these corsairs wont be used. My mobo is gigabyte 970A -D3 also. I can use my case side panels open (which I do in summer especially )

So considerin all these will it fit for me ?
Edited by kersoz2003 - 8/10/13 at 6:58pm
4790K BEAST
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
4790K BEAST
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #2 of 27
Never heard of Aerocool before your post, looked them up and they seem kind of cool. smile.gif

If your case is the Aerocool Advance VS-3, then the maximum cooler height without a side fan is 158mm, according to Aerocool's website: http://www.aerocool.us/pgs/pgs-v/pgs_v_vs3_advance.htm

Now the problem is that the total height of the NH-D14 is 160mm: http://www.noctua.at/pdf/infosheets/noctua_nh_d14_datasheet_en.pdf. So there is a difference of 2mm. It may be possible to install the cooler anyway, and the case panel will concave slightly. I don't think you'll have a problem.
post #3 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by janas19 View Post

Never heard of Aerocool before your post, looked them up and they seem kind of cool. smile.gif

If your case is the Aerocool Advance VS-3, then the maximum cooler height without a side fan is 158mm, according to Aerocool's website: http://www.aerocool.us/pgs/pgs-v/pgs_v_vs3_advance.htm

Now the problem is that the total height of the NH-D14 is 160mm: http://www.noctua.at/pdf/infosheets/noctua_nh_d14_datasheet_en.pdf. So there is a difference of 2mm. It may be possible to install the cooler anyway, and the case panel will concave slightly. I don't think you'll have a problem.

yes thats my case smile.gif and Aerocool is a well known brand in Europe smile.gif check ou its upper level cases wink.gif

Also I edited my post can you reply after reading this :

Edited post :

My Aerocool VS-3 case can fit a cooler master hyper 212 evo ( Which I now use) Can it fit a Noctua NH-D14 ( or any noctua cooler that is better hyper 212 evo) ? I want to buy it for more overclocking my fx 8350 without changing my pc case.

P.S: I use 2 corsair venagance rams in the last two sockets which are away from the cpu. I also have 2 extra low height rams. and I will use them if these corsairs wont be used. My mobo is gigabyte 970A -D3 also. I can use my case side panels open (which I do in summer especially )

So considerin all these will it fit for me ?
4790K BEAST
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
4790K BEAST
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kersoz2003 View Post

yes thats my case smile.gif and Aerocool is a well known brand in Europe smile.gif check ou its upper level cases wink.gif

Also I edited my post can you reply after reading this :

Edited post :

My Aerocool VS-3 case can fit a cooler master hyper 212 evo ( Which I now use) Can it fit a Noctua NH-D14 ( or any noctua cooler that is better hyper 212 evo) ? I want to buy it for more overclocking my fx 8350 without changing my pc case.

P.S: I use 2 corsair venagance rams in the last two sockets which are away from the cpu. I also have 2 extra low height rams. and I will use them if these corsairs wont be used. My mobo is gigabyte 970A -D3 also. I can use my case side panels open (which I do in summer especially )

So considerin all these will it fit for me ?

Yes it will fit: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_gen&products_id=34&lng=en#AM3+_Gigabyte

The GA-970A-D3 is listed as a compatible model thumb.gif
post #5 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by janas19 View Post

Yes it will fit: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_gen&products_id=34&lng=en#AM3+_Gigabyte

The GA-970A-D3 is listed as a compatible model thumb.gif
Yes, but the OP is asking if a NH-D14 will fit in his case.

EDIT
Ok. It looks like it won't fit. Aerocool VS-3 is about 7 inches wide and I know that an Antec 300 is about 8 inches wide and can bare fit a ND-H14 in it.

EDIT
You can get a Corsair H80i and put it in the case easy and it is about the same performance.
Edited by dixson01974 - 8/10/13 at 7:58pm
HTPC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A-3870K AsRock A75 Pro (FM1) HyperX DDR3 1866 8 GB SAMSUNG 830 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 2TB Plextor Black Blu-ray Burner Phenom II X4 stock Cooler Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
LG M2762D-PM Glossy Black 27" 5ms (1920x1080) Antec HG 900 Gerenic ATX Case 
  hide details  
Reply
HTPC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A-3870K AsRock A75 Pro (FM1) HyperX DDR3 1866 8 GB SAMSUNG 830 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 2TB Plextor Black Blu-ray Burner Phenom II X4 stock Cooler Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
LG M2762D-PM Glossy Black 27" 5ms (1920x1080) Antec HG 900 Gerenic ATX Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixson01974 View Post

Yes, but the OP is asking if a NH-D14 will fit in his case.

EDIT
Ok. It looks like it won't fit. Aerocool VS-3 is about 7 inches wide and I know that an Antec 300 is about 8 inches wide and can bare fit a ND-H14 in it.

EDIT
You can get a Corsair H80i and put it in the case easy and it is about the same performance.

I will use case side panel open so will this still be a problem to fit noctua ? Wideness wont change if my mainboard suits up with my case, how can case effect it ? My case can fit gigabyte 970A g3 and if noctua fit on this motherboard how can this be a problem ? ( I say again I will use case side panel open)

also in this video's "abouts" it says :

SPECS:
The Noctua NH-D14 should fit in all cases with a minimum width of 20 to 21 cm (7 to 8 inch). You should be able to use all ram bars without a cooler on top (in some cases you also can remove the ram cooler).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djki8c31Dqs

this means 7 inch is ok. ? I checked aerocool is 180mm width and noctua is 140mm . so wont it fit after all these ?
Edited by kersoz2003 - 8/10/13 at 8:20pm
4790K BEAST
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
4790K BEAST
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #7 of 27
Thread Starter 
Also H80i is same performance with Noctua NH-D14 ? If so I can buy it. What will be difference in heat ?

And how about the THERMALTAKE WATER 3.0 PRO ? is it same with H80i ?
Edited by kersoz2003 - 8/10/13 at 8:31pm
4790K BEAST
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
4790K BEAST
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixson01974 View Post

Yes, but the OP is asking if a NH-D14 will fit in his case.

EDIT
Ok. It looks like it won't fit. Aerocool VS-3 is about 7 inches wide and I know that an Antec 300 is about 8 inches wide and can bare fit a ND-H14 in it.

EDIT
You can get a Corsair H80i and put it in the case easy and it is about the same performance.

rolleyes.gif Read my first post.
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by janas19 View Post

rolleyes.gif Read my first post.
Ok. I did. Yes it will fit on the mobo, but It will not fit in the case. That is what your post says, which OP is ask about fitting in him case not on the mobo..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kersoz2003 View Post

I will use case side panel open so will this still be a problem to fit noctua ? Wideness wont change if my mainboard suits up with my case, how can case effect it ? My case can fit gigabyte 970A g3 and if noctua fit on this motherboard how can this be a problem ? ( I say again I will use case side panel open)

also in this video's "abouts" it says :

SPECS:
The Noctua NH-D14 should fit in all cases with a minimum width of 20 to 21 cm (7 to 8 inch). You should be able to use all ram bars without a cooler on top (in some cases you also can remove the ram cooler).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djki8c31Dqs

this means 7 inch is ok. ? I checked aerocool is 180mm width and noctua is 140mm . so wont it fit after all these ?
You forget about the raiser that the mobo sits on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kersoz2003 View Post

Also H80i is same performance with Noctua NH-D14 ? If so I can buy it. What will be difference in heat ?

And how about the THERMALTAKE WATER 3.0 PRO ? is it same with H80i ?
H80i would be better.
HTPC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A-3870K AsRock A75 Pro (FM1) HyperX DDR3 1866 8 GB SAMSUNG 830 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 2TB Plextor Black Blu-ray Burner Phenom II X4 stock Cooler Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
LG M2762D-PM Glossy Black 27" 5ms (1920x1080) Antec HG 900 Gerenic ATX Case 
  hide details  
Reply
HTPC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A-3870K AsRock A75 Pro (FM1) HyperX DDR3 1866 8 GB SAMSUNG 830 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 2TB Plextor Black Blu-ray Burner Phenom II X4 stock Cooler Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
LG M2762D-PM Glossy Black 27" 5ms (1920x1080) Antec HG 900 Gerenic ATX Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixson01974 View Post

Ok. I did. Yes it will fit on the mobo, but It will not fit in the case. That is what your post says, which OP is ask about fitting in him case not on the mobo..
You forget about the raiser that the mobo sits on.
H80i would be better.

Do you understand that the case supports a 158mm tall cooler, and the NH-D14 is 160mm tall? Do you understand how big 2mm is? rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Can it fit a Noctua NH-D14 ?