Overclock.net › Forums › General Hardware › General Processor Discussions › Computer turning itself on?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Computer turning itself on?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
why when i shut down my computer, and after that , the computer will turn it on, anyone can help me?
post #2 of 12
It's a poltergeist problem devil-smiley-019.gif, nah just kidding
Probably a "wake on lan", i found this. , or could be faulty cables and PSU, or larger screws touching the mobo electronics.
I hope, members here with more experience, can help you...
Ex Machin
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 3770k Intel Desktop Board DZ77GA-70K MSI R9 380 4GB G.Skills ripjaws 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Velociraptor 500mb raid 0 Lg blu ray 12x Zalman CNPS9500 at 2 ball cpu Windows 8 64 bits 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Lg 23EA63V-P IPS cInema Microsoft SideWinder X4 EVGA SuperNova 650 80 gold modular CM Storm Enforcer 
MouseAudio
Razer DeathAdder 2013 Creative SB Recon3D 
  hide details  
Reply
Ex Machin
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 3770k Intel Desktop Board DZ77GA-70K MSI R9 380 4GB G.Skills ripjaws 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Velociraptor 500mb raid 0 Lg blu ray 12x Zalman CNPS9500 at 2 ball cpu Windows 8 64 bits 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Lg 23EA63V-P IPS cInema Microsoft SideWinder X4 EVGA SuperNova 650 80 gold modular CM Storm Enforcer 
MouseAudio
Razer DeathAdder 2013 Creative SB Recon3D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 12
I've edited the title to be a little more descriptive of your issue, you should get more help that way smile.gif

Check the BIOS settings, wake by mouse or wake by keyboard could be switch on.
TudjBox.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8Z68V Gen3 PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Corsair Vengeance 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex II Samsung F3 1TB Sony DVD-RW Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 iiyama ProLite 24" 16:9 Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P182 G5 SteelSeries Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 
  hide details  
Reply
TudjBox.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8Z68V Gen3 PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Corsair Vengeance 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex II Samsung F3 1TB Sony DVD-RW Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 iiyama ProLite 24" 16:9 Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P182 G5 SteelSeries Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 12
Try re-seating the 24-pin connector, something could have shorted out.
post #5 of 12
Also something to check, some Bios have a "turn on" feature that will turn on your PC at a certain time everyday. So if you shut down at night and when you wake up it is on, this may be something to look into.

Or are you shutting it down and it restarts immediately?
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUDJ View Post

I've edited the title to be a little more descriptive of your issue, you should get more help that way smile.gif

Check the BIOS settings, wake by mouse or wake by keyboard could be switch on.

the BIOS setting there i tried enable, disable, or see system , all will auto turn it on after i shut it down,
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by macropower View Post

Try re-seating the 24-pin connector, something could have shorted out.

really?
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPants View Post

Also something to check, some Bios have a "turn on" feature that will turn on your PC at a certain time everyday. So if you shut down at night and when you wake up it is on, this may be something to look into.

Or are you shutting it down and it restarts immediately?

it wil turn it on like an hour, or couple hour, Not necessarily time,
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUDJ View Post

I've edited the title to be a little more descriptive of your issue, you should get more help that way smile.gif

Check the BIOS settings, wake by mouse or wake by keyboard could be switch on.

all the wake by anything was disable, but still turn on when i wake up in the morning~
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinLover View Post

It's a poltergeist problem devil-smiley-019.gif, nah just kidding
Probably a "wake on lan", i found this. , or could be faulty cables and PSU, or larger screws touching the mobo electronics.
I hope, members here with more experience, can help you...

wake on lan was all disable, and i am not sure about the faulty cables and PSU or the larger screws touching the mobo eletronics or not~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Processor Discussions
Overclock.net › Forums › General Hardware › General Processor Discussions › Computer turning itself on?