Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 12

post #111 of 19147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicr0nhunter View Post

Well, I've just pre-ordered it. Now I can't hardly wait.

I just read a comment at the zoo that Phanteks are charging those pre-orders to people's accounts right away, which doesn't really bother me if they do as long as my case isn't going to be delayed much past the end of Sept or early Oct, but that's not exactly how most businesses operate. I'm not even sure it's a legal practice in a lot of places.

This will be my first watercool build and I'm all but dead-set on putting a 280 monsta in the bottom and a 60mm 480 up top, both with a push/pull. That'll let me keep all of the HDD cages and 5.25 bays intact, all of which I want to make use of, and it's overkill cooling for my needs. I'm thinking it should let me fit my 760s in sli and still make use of the reservoir bracket / shroud for hiding the cables since my cards aren't near as long as Jesse's titans.

I see in Jesse's review he couldn't fit a 60mm think 420 up top with room for any fans below to clear his mobo, but just from eyeballing it in the first video with MonsterMawd and the pics in Jesse's review at the zoo I'm pretty sure 120mm wide 480 will be offset enough from the mobo for some push fans. Unless/Until I see evidence to the contrary I'm counting on it.

Haven't settled on what fans, waterblocks, tubing, fittings, etc I'm going to go with yet, or even what mobo / cpu for that matter, but it's going to take a couple months at least before I have everything I need to get it going. I'll probably have to wait to see how much they're going to be wanting for these new Ivy E boards and chips before I make my mind up.

Great to see that im not the only one going from a cosmos2 to a enthoo thumb.gif

its ~10mm offset so try to measure up with the mb before ordering, atleast the push set of fans, or the whole rad/wc gear.. If youre going for the ivy e, the boards is pretty much like x79. You could use the scythe 12 mm thick fans tho slim fans i have one of them in my top 360 ut30 rad to clear the 8pin cpu on the sabertooth z77, cant hear any difference between them and normal thickness 120 mm fans @ 1200rpm smile.gif
evolv
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k msi z97m GTX 1080 corsair vengeance pro 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung evo  ek coolstream PE 240 ek coolstream PE 240 DDC pump 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
ek supremacy evo ek GTX 1080 full cover block  EK vardar F1 windows 10 pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC/00 GW2750 GW2750 CM masterkeys TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair ax1200 phanteks enthoo evolv mATX razer naga qpad xxl 
AudioAudio
ASUS ROG xonar phoebus Sennheiser HD600 
  hide details  
Reply
evolv
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k msi z97m GTX 1080 corsair vengeance pro 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung evo  ek coolstream PE 240 ek coolstream PE 240 DDC pump 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
ek supremacy evo ek GTX 1080 full cover block  EK vardar F1 windows 10 pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC/00 GW2750 GW2750 CM masterkeys TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair ax1200 phanteks enthoo evolv mATX razer naga qpad xxl 
AudioAudio
ASUS ROG xonar phoebus Sennheiser HD600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #112 of 19147
4820k Is catching my eye pretty good... Though, i my splurge and just got for the 4930k... Ivy-E is getting reviews of running REALLY hot... Not a surprise with dye shrink.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7255/intel-core-i7-4960x-ivy-bridge-e-review

here is a review of the 4960x... They claimed it got upto 90 degrees under one little rad under prime95 torture, not really a surprise, but definitely something i'm weary of. The review says a "180mm rad" but i'm going to assume thats a typo for 280mm
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #113 of 19147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxycon View Post

[...]
its ~10mm offset so try to measure up with the mb before ordering, atleast the push set of fans, or the whole rad/wc gear.. If youre going for the ivy e, the boards is pretty much like x79. You could use the scythe 12 mm thick fans tho slim fans i have one of them in my top 360 ut30 rad to clear the 8pin cpu on the sabertooth z77, cant hear any difference between them and normal thickness 120 mm fans @ 1200rpm smile.gif
120mm rads (240, 360, 480) will be 10mm more offset from the mobo than 140mm rads (280, 420) but there's already a lot more than 10mm offset to start with.

From these screenshots below I grabbed from the first video review of the case by Bill (MonsterMawd) & Jesse (themodzoo) these images suggest to me that there ought to be about 25mm-30mm room between the rad and the mobo with a 140mm Rad, and you can add 10mm to that for a 120mm rad.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Taking into consideration that Jesse writes in his review that there's already ~70mm of clearance from the top of the case to the top of the mobo to start with, I really think that unless it's a mobo with a really tall heat sync or high profile ram, etc, there really shouldn't be any major clearance issues with most mobos to run a 60mm thick rad that would leave you with ~10-15mm of a ~25mm thick push fan extending down past the top of the mobo.

I guess it would be nice to get an actual confirmation that there's going to be enough room to mount some push fans on a 60mm 480 up top but unless/until I hear otherwise I'm planning on going forward with the assumption that I can make it work. I won't know for sure until I settle on what mobo I'll be running in it. If it turns out I can't, then I guess I'll have to settle for a 45mm 480 instead.
Edited by Unicr0nhunter - 9/3/13 at 4:49pm
post #114 of 19147
I received a product review email for my recent purchase....it feels like a sick joke mad.gif
post #115 of 19147
Thread Starter 
Quote:
120mm rads (240, 360, 480) will be 10mm more offset from the mobo than 140mm rads (280, 420) but there's already a lot more than 10mm offset to start with.

From these screenshots below I grabbed from the first video review of the case by Bill (MonsterMawd) & Jesse (themodzoo) these images suggest to me that there ought to be about 25mm-30mm room between the rad and the mobo with a 140mm Rad, and you can add 10mm to that for a 120mm rad.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Taking into consideration that Jesse writes in his review that there's already ~70mm of clearance from the top of the case to the top of the mobo to start with, I really think that unless it's a mobo with a really tall heat sync or high profile ram, etc, there really shouldn't be any major clearance issues with most mobos to run a 60mm thick rad that would leave you with ~10-15mm of a ~25mm thick push fan extending down past the top of the mobo.

I guess it would be nice to get an actual confirmation that there's going to be enough room to mount some push fans on a 60mm 480 up top but unless/until I hear otherwise I'm planning on going forward with the assumption that I can make it work. I won't know for sure until I settle on what mobo I'll be running in it. If it turns out I can't, then I guess I'll have to settle for a 45mm 480 instead.
I see it not as a clearance issue but a cooling issue for motherboard heatsink... a lack of airflow because the radiator/fan combo are over the heatsink.
post #116 of 19147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicr0nhunter View Post

120mm rads (240, 360, 480) will be 10mm more offset from the mobo than 140mm rads (280, 420) but there's already a lot more than 10mm offset to start with.

From these screenshots below I grabbed from the first video review of the case by Bill (MonsterMawd) & Jesse (themodzoo) these images suggest to me that there ought to be about 25mm-30mm room between the rad and the mobo with a 140mm Rad, and you can add 10mm to that for a 120mm rad.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Taking into consideration that Jesse writes in his review that there's already ~70mm of clearance from the top of the case to the top of the mobo to start with, I really think that unless it's a mobo with a really tall heat sync or high profile ram, etc, there really shouldn't be any major clearance issues with most mobos to run a 60mm thick rad that would leave you with ~10-15mm of a ~25mm thick push fan extending down past the top of the mobo.

I guess it would be nice to get an actual confirmation that there's going to be enough room to mount some push fans on a 60mm 480 up top but unless/until I hear otherwise I'm planning on going forward with the assumption that I can make it work. I won't know for sure until I settle on what mobo I'll be running in it. If it turns out I can't, then I guess I'll have to settle for a 45mm 480 instead.

Got some good news for you. As long as you are not using a RAM like the dominator, you will have no issues running a 60mm thick 480 rad. I just tested it out with 2 fans stacked together and had no clearance issues. Of course you would have to get the CPU power and ram in place before mounting the fans on the inside.
post #117 of 19147
Any chance at a 60mm with push pull or an 80mm up top?
Enkidu
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.7GHZ Stable MAXIMUS V FORMULA GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Red 2133MHZ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB SSD Lite On 24X DVD/CD Drive XSPC Raystorm Waterblock with Red LEDs 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP655-B Pump  Black Ice 240mm Long 42mm Thick Radiator  Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Editi... Primochill Red Tubing 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit Overlord X270OC 2560x1440p Monitor Overclocked ... Razer Blackwidow Ultimate OCZ Z Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W Power Supply 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black Razer Imperator 2012 Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse Steelseries 4HD Random 5.1 Speaker System  
  hide details  
Reply
Enkidu
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.7GHZ Stable MAXIMUS V FORMULA GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Red 2133MHZ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB SSD Lite On 24X DVD/CD Drive XSPC Raystorm Waterblock with Red LEDs 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP655-B Pump  Black Ice 240mm Long 42mm Thick Radiator  Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Editi... Primochill Red Tubing 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit Overlord X270OC 2560x1440p Monitor Overclocked ... Razer Blackwidow Ultimate OCZ Z Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W Power Supply 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black Razer Imperator 2012 Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse Steelseries 4HD Random 5.1 Speaker System  
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 19147
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

Got some good news for you. As long as you are not using a RAM like the dominator, you will have no issues running a 60mm thick 480 rad. I just tested it out with 2 fans stacked together and had no clearance issues. Of course you would have to get the CPU power and ram in place before mounting the fans on the inside.

That is VERY good news. Thanks. specool.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunreeper View Post

Any chance at a 60mm with push pull or an 80mm up top?

Jesse just confirmed in the post above yours that unless you're running very high profile memory there should be no issues running a 60mm 120mm rad (240, 360, 480) up top in a push pull.

I suppose that means you might even be able to pull off an 80mm rad in push/pull up there too as long as there's nothing on your board taller than your ram, but that 80mm rad & standard ~25mm fan would overlap the top of the mobo by about ~35mm or more, so I suspect there's a lot of boards that wouldn't let you pull that off for one reason or another.

Personally, even if an 80mm rad would fit up top in a push/pull, I'm not sure I would want the entire top heat sink and maybe even the top of the CPU to be tucked up behind the fans on my rad. I guess if I was hurting for the extra cooling capacity I'd shove as much rad anywhere I could get away with it to heck with all else, but this enthoo primo gives you so many radiator placement possibilities it's insane.
Edited by Unicr0nhunter - 9/4/13 at 1:29am
post #119 of 19147
Check out this video. It shows a tons of different rad configurations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yd1pvobC-M

Very interesting indeed.
Edited by Idef1x - 9/4/13 at 1:30am
Hex Gear R40
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k  ASUS Ramapge IV Gene MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 Custom Water Windows 10 Home ASUS ROG PG348Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Pok3r Corsair AX860i Hex Gear R40 Logitech MX Master 
  hide details  
Reply
Hex Gear R40
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k  ASUS Ramapge IV Gene MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 Custom Water Windows 10 Home ASUS ROG PG348Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Pok3r Corsair AX860i Hex Gear R40 Logitech MX Master 
  hide details  
Reply
post #120 of 19147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idef1x View Post

Check out this video. It shows a tons of different rad configurations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yd1pvobC-M

Very interesting indeed.

Yeah, here's the English version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1RzXMZ8BNI

Phanteks put that video out 3 months ago and has had me (and a LOT of others around here and elsewhere) drooling over all the possibilities ever since. Jesse's watercool setup / review at themodzoo & the vids he did with monstermawd are what sealed the deal for me.

Now I impatiently await the case's arrival, but that just gives me a little time to start stockpiling all the pieces for the new build. Looks like I'm going to be broke & hungry for the next few months. lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners