Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 1164

post #11631 of 19147
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartosz302 View Post

4 fans is just for looks;) no problem with dust - in my previous case (enthoo pro), i have 2x140 intake and 2x140 exhaust - same amount of dust...cpu - 2500k (4,5ghz on 1.32v) - max temps. 51, gpu 970 - 1550 on core/8000 on mem/stock volts - 74 - 75 degrees - with radiator on top, as an exhaust - 62 on cpu and 72 on gpu - so i my opinion, first scenario is better...rpm on the fans - 4x140 antec truequiet - 500 rpm, pump on h110 - 900rpm and intake 2x140 fd venturi hp - 300-350 rpm...

ps. removing unused pcie covers - not a good idea;)
case - enthoo pro m
Was just about to say it was the Pro M. thumb.gif

you have obviously experimented with different airflow layouts. thumb.gif

I like @KaffieneKing's idea of reverse flow. Especially since you don't have a dust problem. That said, Demciflex magnetic mounting filters on the top and back would solve any dust issues.

Why do you think removing PCIe covers is not a good idea? Worst case is if air comes in thru them it is warmed by PSU exhaust .. but still more than likely cooler than air coming off of radiator.
post #11632 of 19147
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

(...)
I like @KaffieneKing's idea of reverse flow. Especially since you don't have a dust problem. That said, Demciflex magnetic mounting filters on the top and back would solve any dust issues.

i think, this is against physics - hot air rises wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

(...)Why do you think removing PCIe covers is not a good idea? Worst case is if air comes in thru them it is warmed by PSU exhaust .. but still more than likely cooler than air coming off of radiator.

because, this looks weird and its another not filtered hole in the case...my psu works passive all the time - peak wattage from the wall is 280w (during games) wink.gif
post #11633 of 19147
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartosz302 View Post

i think, this is against physics - hot air rises wink.gif
because, this looks weird and its another not filtered hole in the case...my psu works passive all the time - peak wattage from the wall is 280w (during games) wink.gif
Actually it's that expanded air is lighter and rises while cooler air is heavier and falls .. and heat causes air to expand. But it becomes a moot point when outside influences become involved .. like fans. It takes almost no effort to move warmed air down or cool air up. Heating and cooling systems in building and homes do it all the time .. and in computer cases too. wink.gif

Your PSU is using radiant heat to warm it's air and cause it to move.
post #11634 of 19147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartosz302 View Post

i think, this is against physics - hot air rises wink.gif

Its a moot point when you're using a fan to move said air, however if the guy is happy with dust then fine! Aesthetically the build looks great.
post #11635 of 19147
on more thing, when i set the radiator, as an exhaust, i cool my cpu with a hot air (warmed up by gpu) - 10 degrees difference... about psu - with that wattage (280w) it produces ~25w of heat - not a big deal wink.gif

ps. about dust - no matter ho many fitlers...it always came in...
post #11636 of 19147
I'm having a bit of a problem with the LED strips on my Luxe, I have it set to red but recently it seems as if they are fading to white has anybody had this problem?
post #11637 of 19147



i found a backplate for my gtx 970 gaming ... that fits perfectly into my phanteks evolve itx ....
post #11638 of 19147
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynna3162581 View Post




i found a backplate for my gtx 970 gaming ... that fits perfectly into my phanteks evolve itx ....

Very sharp. thumb.gif
ncase m1
(14 items)
 
 
Evol-itx
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core Gigabyte Z370N WIFI PNY GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0  CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
MyDigitalSSD 120GB M.2 SSD OCZ Saber 1000 960GB be quiet! DARK ROCK TF Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" Gaming Monitor Logitech G105 CORSAIR SF600 600W SFX 80 PLUS GOLD Ncase M1 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Steelseries Siberia v2 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i3-7100 Kaby Lake ASUS ROG Strix B250I Gaming Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 Samsung 128GB SM951 M.2 SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 2TB Blue WD 2TB Blue WD 3TB Green WD 3TB Green 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Rosewill 92mm Tower Cooler Windows 10 Pro CORSAIR SF450 SFX Raijintek Metis Classic Silver 
Other
ORICO Aluminum 2-bay 3.5 inch USB3.0 and eSATA ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690k Haswell EVGA Z97 Stinger Wi-Fi MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC GeForce GTX 970  G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SAMSUNG Spinpoint M9T Swiftech H220-X Bitspower VG-NGTX970MG Acrylic Top With Stainle... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Black Ice Pro 240mm Radiator Windows 8.1 Pro ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv iTX Logitech G402 
  hide details  
Reply
ncase m1
(14 items)
 
 
Evol-itx
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core Gigabyte Z370N WIFI PNY GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0  CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
MyDigitalSSD 120GB M.2 SSD OCZ Saber 1000 960GB be quiet! DARK ROCK TF Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" Gaming Monitor Logitech G105 CORSAIR SF600 600W SFX 80 PLUS GOLD Ncase M1 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Steelseries Siberia v2 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i3-7100 Kaby Lake ASUS ROG Strix B250I Gaming Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 Samsung 128GB SM951 M.2 SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 2TB Blue WD 2TB Blue WD 3TB Green WD 3TB Green 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Rosewill 92mm Tower Cooler Windows 10 Pro CORSAIR SF450 SFX Raijintek Metis Classic Silver 
Other
ORICO Aluminum 2-bay 3.5 inch USB3.0 and eSATA ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690k Haswell EVGA Z97 Stinger Wi-Fi MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC GeForce GTX 970  G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SAMSUNG Spinpoint M9T Swiftech H220-X Bitspower VG-NGTX970MG Acrylic Top With Stainle... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Black Ice Pro 240mm Radiator Windows 8.1 Pro ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv iTX Logitech G402 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11639 of 19147
I stumbled across this thread in my search for answers on Google about the Primo. So, i joined so i could not only ask, but share with other enthusiasts. My question is whether anyone else has had the absolutely obnoxious creaking/popping from the windowed side panel especially when case pressure increases because of fans?

While im here ill share as well. I built my new rig a few months ago in a Core X9 that at first i loved but slowly grew to hate. I had painted it and made some minor modifications but i just couldn't get over this growing disgust. It's a roomy case but its truly boring and cable management is so hard in and open space that size with no panels for hiding things. I've built more than my fair share of gaming rigs over the last 10 years or so, but the one thing I've never done is my own custom loops. I've only ever used high end air cooling or AIO units. I decided a couple of weeks ago, its time for that to change and i also decided there was no chance i was doing it in the X9.

So, after doing A LOT of reading and obvious window shopping, i figured the Primo was the best bang for the buck and gave me what i was looking for. Now, here i am sharing it with you all. I transfered everything from my old case and this is what i have so far.






As you can see its a work in progress. I ordered my WC parts today and boy is the wife unhappy...lol.

What i have coming:

2x XSPC RX360 Rads in white
2x EK Red Backplates
2x EK Waterblocks
XSPC Raystorm Pro CPU Block
Tons of EK HDC Red Fittings and PETG Tube
XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump Combo
12x Phanteks 120SP Fans
Tons of red cable combs

I'll update with photos once its all done. But any info on this annoying noise would be great.
Project Venom
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme SLI GTX 980 Ti 32gb G. Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
512 Samsung SM951 Corsair H100i Asus PB278Q Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouse
eVGA Supernova 1300 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Venom
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme SLI GTX 980 Ti 32gb G. Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
512 Samsung SM951 Corsair H100i Asus PB278Q Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouse
eVGA Supernova 1300 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11640 of 19147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudraker View Post

I stumbled across this thread in my search for answers on Google about the Primo. So, i joined so i could not only ask, but share with other enthusiasts. My question is whether anyone else has had the absolutely obnoxious creaking/popping from the windowed side panel especially when case pressure increases because of fans?

While im here ill share as well. I built my new rig a few months ago in a Core X9 that at first i loved but slowly grew to hate. I had painted it and made some minor modifications but i just couldn't get over this growing disgust. It's a roomy case but its truly boring and cable management is so hard in and open space that size with no panels for hiding things. I've built more than my fair share of gaming rigs over the last 10 years or so, but the one thing I've never done is my own custom loops. I've only ever used high end air cooling or AIO units. I decided a couple of weeks ago, its time for that to change and i also decided there was no chance i was doing it in the X9.

So, after doing A LOT of reading and obvious window shopping, i figured the Primo was the best bang for the buck and gave me what i was looking for. Now, here i am sharing it with you all. I transfered everything from my old case and this is what i have so far.

As you can see its a work in progress. I ordered my WC parts today and boy is the wife unhappy...lol.

What i have coming:

2x XSPC RX360 Rads in white
2x EK Red Backplates
2x EK Waterblocks
XSPC Raystorm Pro CPU Block
Tons of EK HDC Red Fittings and PETG Tube
XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump Combo
12x Phanteks 120SP Fans
Tons of red cable combs

I'll update with photos once its all done. But any info on this annoying noise would be great.
most people that it bothers greatly replace the side with an acrylic sheet with magnets to hold it in place...or they replace the panels...some said they shimmed the panel from the inside and it helped...this is an issue with all three cases...the primo is probably the worst as the door is larger...I was lucky on my pro I never had that sound...congrats on moving up to the real deal though...you'll likely never go back to air smile.gif check the forums here for a lot of good info from guys like b negative and the likes they have quite a few good tutorials on the petg and measuring, bending, etc.
Edited by mfknjadagr8 - 11/6/15 at 8:00pm
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners