Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 1219

post #12181 of 18862
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael-ocn View Post

This was a 15min RealBench stresstest run, so 100% cpu and gpu load. Where the red hand drawn arrow is, I popped the bottom of the front panel out and propped it open a little. The MOBO temp (yellow) started going down shortly thereafter. The PCH temp (fusia) was threatening to go up another degree, but reversed course and came back down instead. So air temps in the case cooled off right after propping the panel open.

The CPU temps are not so affected because the airflow is arranged to push cool air thru the radiator (see pics in the build log). Prior to those airflow arrangements, CPU temps were more affected by interior case air temps.



The Evolv is a real nice case and I personally wouldn't trade it in for a Luxe. I like the looks of it and I like putting stuff on top of my case.

Just curious, when you leave an opening at the bottom of the front panel like that, wouldn't that damage the bindings at the top that are intact to the case since they are now at an angle?
post #12182 of 18862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonm99 View Post

Just curious, when you leave an opening at the bottom of the front panel like that, wouldn't that damage the bindings at the top that are intact to the case since they are now at an angle?

Not really, it's propped open with something roughly as wide around as a pencil. There's not a lot of pressure or tension involved. When you seat the front panel, all four pegs do not seat simultaneously, the top ones pop in and then the bottoms, or vice versa. It's like that, but an extra pencil width wider.
Falcon2010
(18 items)
 
Kickass-X99
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-875K ASUS P7P55D-E-PRO EVGA GTX 670 FTW Crucial Ballistix Tactical 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black Crucial M500 SSD  LG Blu-ray Combo Drive Asetek 550LC 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-P Silverstone Case Fans Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Samsung 2443 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Plus 750 Silverstone Kublai SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser PX100 headphones AntLion ModMic v4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k | core@4.4 1.23v | cache@4.1 1.1v ASUS X99-PRO / USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 980ti FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 CL12 (4 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX200 (1 TB) Crucial M500 (960 GB) Western Digital Green (2 TB) Pioneer BDR-XU03 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Win 10 Pro (64 bit) Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Gold 850 Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX (gray) SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Gamedias NYX Mousepad 350x280 Grado SR80e Lexar Professional Workflow SR2 SDHC/SDXC UHS-I... 
  hide details  
Reply
Falcon2010
(18 items)
 
Kickass-X99
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-875K ASUS P7P55D-E-PRO EVGA GTX 670 FTW Crucial Ballistix Tactical 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black Crucial M500 SSD  LG Blu-ray Combo Drive Asetek 550LC 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-P Silverstone Case Fans Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Samsung 2443 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Plus 750 Silverstone Kublai SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser PX100 headphones AntLion ModMic v4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k | core@4.4 1.23v | cache@4.1 1.1v ASUS X99-PRO / USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 980ti FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 CL12 (4 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX200 (1 TB) Crucial M500 (960 GB) Western Digital Green (2 TB) Pioneer BDR-XU03 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Win 10 Pro (64 bit) Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-9000BR Silverstone Strider Gold 850 Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX (gray) SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Gamedias NYX Mousepad 350x280 Grado SR80e Lexar Professional Workflow SR2 SDHC/SDXC UHS-I... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12183 of 18862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post

Finally done!

Looks good 👍
post #12184 of 18862
Thread Starter 
While not 'scientific' this ''tp-isitc' approach can be helpful. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael-ocn View Post

also noticed the front panel really is very restrictive, too restrictive for overclocking. With the front panel snapped in place, not much air flows out thru the open pci slots at the back. With it pulled off, a piece of tissue paper held back there is flapping in the wind pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael-ocn View Post

This was a 15min RealBench stresstest run, so 100% cpu and gpu load. Where the red hand drawn arrow is, I popped the bottom of the front panel out and propped it open a little. The MOBO temp (yellow) started going down shortly thereafter. The PCH temp (fusia) was threatening to go up another degree, but reversed course and came back down instead. So air temps in the case cooled off right after propping the panel open.

The CPU temps are not so affected because the airflow is arranged to push cool air thru the radiator (see pics in the build log). Prior to those airflow arrangements, CPU temps were more affected by interior case air temps.



The Evolv is a real nice case and I personally wouldn't trade it in for a Luxe. I like the looks of it and I like putting stuff on top of my case.
Looks like VRM are still slowly climbing at end of test run. This makes me wonder if they would how long they would continue to climb if test was continued.

Temperature drops with front moved out 6mm appear to be about 3c & 4c respectively? What happens if front cover is removed completely?

It looks like motherboard and GPU temps are still slowly rising at 7min point when yo spaced front out. Do they continue rising if front is left in place?

What are intake fan speeds during these load tests?

Too bad there isn't a bottom vent. Only way to supplement the front intakes is change front and/or reverse rear fan. frown.gif

Edit: How is the mounting bracket attached to front cover? Does cover have nuts attached to it or studs?

If you would like to discuss possilbe cooling options more, we can do it here or in your build thread.
post #12185 of 18862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post

Finally done

Looks great! Is there a front rad?
post #12186 of 18862
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffieneKing View Post

Looks great! Is there a front rad?

Clearly visible that there is not.
post #12187 of 18862
Nice job Cozmo85 thumb.gif Building my luxe now I put a UT60 420 in the top.
Edited by jaymz60 - 1/28/16 at 4:29am
post #12188 of 18862
I am thinking of getting the enthoo evolv mATX case and buying noctua fans for it. Would this be a good fan arrangement? I was planning on putting the front 120mm fans at max from the PSU with the top 120mm fans and back 140mm fan from the motherboard with a splitter. Overall I'm looking for a quiet PC with great cooling and don't want the maintenance involved with a closed loop and figured the AIO's wouldn't offer me any real advantage over air cooling and would not be as quiet unless I replaced the aio fans.

Fans I was looking at are in the link they are the nf-a15 pwn and nf-s12a uln

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/T7XkFT
post #12189 of 18862
Quote:
Originally Posted by New green View Post

I am thinking of getting the enthoo evolv mATX case and buying noctua fans for it. Would this be a good fan arrangement? I was planning on putting the front 120mm fans at max from the PSU with the top 120mm fans and back 140mm fan from the motherboard with a splitter. Overall I'm looking for a quiet PC with great cooling and don't want the maintenance involved with a closed loop and figured the AIO's wouldn't offer me any real advantage over air cooling and would not be as quiet unless I replaced the aio fans.

Fans I was looking at are in the link they are the nf-a15 pwn and nf-s12a uln

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/T7XkFT

How many fans are you looking at putting in, and what are you looking at putting where? The NF-A15 are the wrong choice for case fans since they use a 120mm bolt pattern, you want the NF-A14 PWM which is the same fan with a 140mm mounting basket.

And the EVOLV includes an advanced fan hub....so not really sure why you would want to put your intakes directly to the PSU, especially at max when you say you want quiet.
Edited by ciarlatano - 1/28/16 at 5:32am
post #12190 of 18862
Does the mATX case have the fan hub? That would be great I thought I was just limited to the motherboards. I was thinking of getting four 120mm fans for the front and top and a 140mm for the back. The back fan does support a 120mm fan though so wasn't sure if the nf-a15 would work.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners