Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 1224

post #12231 of 18411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strieng View Post

Which case are you referring to?

I would have to assume the Primo. It is the only Phanteks that dwarfs anything else.
post #12232 of 18411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

1. Not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if you can install an ODD behind the blank?
2. Completely not sure what you are asking and don't even have a guess.
3. Yes, the fan can simply plug into the hub.

1. Was wondering if I can have an optical drive installed without having to remove that rectangular small panel. ( like have an optical drive and at the same time have the panel intact still (for aesthetic reasons) )

2. Does the default set up with 200mm in the front, two 140mm at the back and top give off a positive or negative air pressure? Neutral maybe? since the 200mm is so restrictive, I was wondering if the default set up would be a negative pressure.
post #12233 of 18411
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysgro View Post

Does anyone have an EK dual-d5 top with res mounted in the Prime? Or maybe a setup with two separate res+top combo (1-bracket, 2-back) and could post a pic? What about the vibrations with the dual-top?



I found it easy to mount just using the included ek brackets for the res, just tighten the screws in the mounting bracket so that it is firm and it stays in place sturdily when mounted to the res bracket. I put the bottom res bracket around the bottom of the D5 pump and it fits like a glove with the top one around the res.

I have not have any vibrations issues and I run my pumps at full speed 24/7.
Edited by Otterfluff - 1/29/16 at 5:20pm
post #12234 of 18411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfluff View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysgro View Post

Does anyone have an EK dual-d5 top with res mounted in the Prime? Or maybe a setup with two separate res+top combo (1-bracket, 2-back) and could post a pic? What about the vibrations with the dual-top?



I found it easy to mount just using the included ek brackets for the res, just tighten the screws in the mounting bracket so that it is firm and it stays in place sturdily when mounted to the res bracket. I put the bottom res bracket around the bottom of the D5 pump and it fits like a glove with the top one around the res.

I have not have any vibrations issues and I run my pumps at full speed 24/7.

That is a beast... and you even have external rads? tongue.gif
post #12235 of 18411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster_is_better View Post

That is a beast... and you even have external rads? tongue.gif

Yeah it connects to a MO-RA3 420 which is a tripple 420mm radiator with 18 phantek 140sp fans.



I also have dust filter on the intake of the MO-RA3 420!



It was a custom order from demcifilter.com and I find I get less dust in my room as the pc / MO-RA3 seem to filter out all the dust and collect in my filters. I had custom ones made to stick under my Primo where the 360 intake comes in as well as my front 420 intake, they magnetically attach to the case.
post #12236 of 18411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonza View Post

Thanks for explanation, decided to try and remove top panel completely just for the science, temperatures dropped 7-8 degrees... Think i will show some dremel to this top panel and cut piece off from it and put something like this to cover it and make it nice looking.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/demciflex-dustfilter-set-for-360mm-radiator-black-black-cm-034-df.html

yea, I had this same experience with my H440. top exhaust was awful.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H EVGA GTX 980TI ACX 2.0  8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB 3TB Toshiba  3TB Toshiba Custom Water 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 23xi Corsair HX750i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
Mouse
Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H EVGA GTX 980TI ACX 2.0  8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB 3TB Toshiba  3TB Toshiba Custom Water 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 23xi Corsair HX750i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
Mouse
Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12237 of 18411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfluff View Post

Yeah it connects to a MO-RA3 420 which is a tripple 420mm radiator with 18 phantek 140sp fans.



I also have dust filter on the intake of the MO-RA3 420!



It was a custom order from demcifilter.com and I find I get less dust in my room as the pc / MO-RA3 seem to filter out all the dust and collect in my filters. I had custom ones made to stick under my Primo where the 360 intake comes in as well as my front 420 intake, they magnetically attach to the case.
nice i considered something similar but ill probably do fine with just what i got to install now... the primo is a beast i think im gonna like it... just hard for me to look for green stuff.. ive never had a green accented build... so yeah
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12238 of 18411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfluff View Post



I found it easy to mount just using the included ek brackets for the res, just tighten the screws in the mounting bracket so that it is firm and it stays in place sturdily when mounted to the res bracket. I put the bottom res bracket around the bottom of the D5 pump and it fits like a glove with the top one around the res.

I have not have any vibrations issues and I run my pumps at full speed 24/7.
Raising Primo up with 35-46m blocks under the feet gives much better airflow on bottom. Mine is on the floor so I made this


Now I use 30mm castors instead of 40mm. This makes total height increase about 43-45mm so it will fit under most desks. wink.gif
post #12239 of 18411
Yeah I saw your stand and like the idea but my primo is too tall to fit under my desk, and I do not want it rolling off the top of my desk rolleyes.gif

Since I do not use the included dust filters, it does add some more ventilation from the side.
post #12240 of 18411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfluff View Post

Yeah I saw your stand and like the idea but my primo is too tall to fit under my desk, and I do not want it rolling off the top of my desk rolleyes.gif

Since I do not use the included dust filters, it does add some more ventilation from the side.
Changing the filters does increase the airflow area to bottom vents, but only because the stock airflow area is so limited. The case really need about 35mm more bottom clearance to get airflow area to fans to be similar to fan's airflow area.

But it is of little consequence as long as system runs cool enough .. and with the overkill you have it should be running cool enough. tongue.gif

At a guess, front and bottom are intake with top exhaust?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners