Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 1231

post #12301 of 18673
^ I also taped my filters together on my Luxe. biggrin.gif
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H EVGA GTX 980TI ACX 2.0  8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB 3TB Toshiba  3TB Toshiba Custom Water 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 23xi Corsair HX750i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
Mouse
Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H EVGA GTX 980TI ACX 2.0  8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB 3TB Toshiba  3TB Toshiba Custom Water 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 23xi Corsair HX750i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
Mouse
Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12302 of 18673
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBlackFire View Post

^ I also taped my filters together on my Luxe. biggrin.gif
I kinda wish the filters on the primo came out the front... the side is nice if you have room but in my situation i dont.. i have a 46inch tv ... two game systems and my pc as well as another pc and 32 in tv turned 45 degrees on the end for my fiance and i to play at the same time... so once shes set up ill have to move her large badonk to take the filters out... im considering buying a better smaller monitor maybe 1440... and mounting the 46 inch tv on the wall... that would free up plenty of real estate there....problem is i would have to remove everything and stand on the desk to install the tv on the wall as its an oak 4 foot by 6 foot desk custom made 40 or more years ago.. one peice... about 1k lbs...im not moving it anytime soon...it took me about 4 hours to get it through the door...
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12303 of 18673
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfknjadagr8 View Post

I kinda wish the filters on the primo came out the front... the side is nice if you have room but in my situation i dont.. i have a 46inch tv ... two game systems and my pc as well as another pc and 32 in tv turned 45 degrees on the end for my fiance and i to play at the same time... so once shes set up ill have to move her large badonk to take the filters out... im considering buying a better smaller monitor maybe 1440... and mounting the 46 inch tv on the wall... that would free up plenty of real estate there....problem is i would have to remove everything and stand on the desk to install the tv on the wall as its an oak 4 foot by 6 foot desk custom made 40 or more years ago.. one peice... about 1k lbs...im not moving it anytime soon...it took me about 4 hours to get it through the door...
The placement of cases means almost none will allow filters to be slide out the back without moving the computer. Side acess is better, but still many cases have things on one or both sides. But few case have anything in front of them. So it would seem removing filters from the front would be the logical way to go.
post #12304 of 18673
I have the chance to buy a phanteks case, I have two hypotheses, luxe black w/ window used (one year, without damage or risk) for 80 € and a new pro for 96 €, which you think is the better deal?

The case is for aircooling but in the future maybe a use a AIO from EK (predator 240) or Swiftech (H240x).
Edited by PSILVA - 2/11/16 at 7:20am
PC 2015
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5-4690K Asus Z97Pro-Gamer EVGA 970GTX SC  2x 4gb gsKILL DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SDD Samsung 850 Evo 500gb Seagate Barracuda 320gb Sata 2 WG Green Sata 3 2TB Phanteks ph-tc14pe 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64bits DELL 25" 1440P Corsair VX620 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
AudioOther
Asus STX II Kingston Hyper Cloud I 
  hide details  
Reply
PC 2015
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5-4690K Asus Z97Pro-Gamer EVGA 970GTX SC  2x 4gb gsKILL DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SDD Samsung 850 Evo 500gb Seagate Barracuda 320gb Sata 2 WG Green Sata 3 2TB Phanteks ph-tc14pe 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64bits DELL 25" 1440P Corsair VX620 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
AudioOther
Asus STX II Kingston Hyper Cloud I 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12305 of 18673
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSILVA View Post

I have the chance to buy a phanteks case, I have two hypotheses, luxe black w/ window used (one year, without damage or risk) for 80 € and a new pro for 96 €, which you think is the better deal?

The case is for aircooling but in the future maybe a use a AIO from EK (predator 240) or Swiftech (H240x).

If the Luxe is in good condition and comes complete with all of the accessories, I would go that route. BTW - the H240-X2 (dual 140mm) looks like it was made to go into the Luxe and Pro. It looks phenomenal in those cases.
post #12306 of 18673
Is anyone with a Primo running 2x480 top/bottom and a 240 on the side mount with the pump in the lower compartment and the res mounted next to the gfx? I'm having a real hard time figuring out how to run the tubing as I find it really inflexible (16/10 primochill) and there's very little space between the PSU, the pump and the 240 rad.

It's gotten to the point where I'm considering dumping the 240 and save myself a headache, which would be a shame since then I'd have a bunch of leftover gear.

Edit: I would have included pics but I'm at work now, can include some tomorrow if needed.
post #12307 of 18673
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSILVA View Post

I have the chance to buy a phanteks case, I have two hypotheses, luxe black w/ window used (one year, without damage or risk) for 80 € and a new pro for 96 €, which you think is the better deal?

The case is for aircooling but in the future maybe a use a AIO from EK (predator 240) or Swiftech (H240x).
What ciarlatano said. I need to put a delay on his internet so I get to answer first once in awhile. tongue.gif Luxe for 16 € with more features is definitely the way I would go. Just out of curiosity, what does a new Luxe cost?
post #12308 of 18673
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

What ciarlatano said. I need to put a delay on his internet so I get to answer first once in awhile. tongue.gif Luxe for 16 € with more features is definitely the way I would go. Just out of curiosity, what does a new Luxe cost?

140,98eur
PC 2015
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5-4690K Asus Z97Pro-Gamer EVGA 970GTX SC  2x 4gb gsKILL DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SDD Samsung 850 Evo 500gb Seagate Barracuda 320gb Sata 2 WG Green Sata 3 2TB Phanteks ph-tc14pe 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64bits DELL 25" 1440P Corsair VX620 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
AudioOther
Asus STX II Kingston Hyper Cloud I 
  hide details  
Reply
PC 2015
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5-4690K Asus Z97Pro-Gamer EVGA 970GTX SC  2x 4gb gsKILL DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SDD Samsung 850 Evo 500gb Seagate Barracuda 320gb Sata 2 WG Green Sata 3 2TB Phanteks ph-tc14pe 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64bits DELL 25" 1440P Corsair VX620 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
AudioOther
Asus STX II Kingston Hyper Cloud I 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12309 of 18673
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSILVA View Post

140,98eur
Thanks. They are great cases. I would go with the Luxe. Only things that needs done is put the 2x PH-F140SP fans in the front and either leave the 200mm out or put it in the top, depending on what your components and cooling are. thumb.gif
I also modded the bottom slide of mine so PSU filter could be slid forward against the vent filter that slides out the front and tape the two together. Now I can pull out the all filters from the bottom and clean them without needing to move the case.
Oh, and my Luxe sets on a caster base with a 3rd PH-F140SP bottom intake with no exhaust fans. 3x PH-F140SP move more than enough air to keep everything cool. wink.gif
post #12310 of 18673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirazy View Post

Is anyone with a Primo running 2x480 top/bottom and a 240 on the side mount with the pump in the lower compartment and the res mounted next to the gfx? I'm having a real hard time figuring out how to run the tubing as I find it really inflexible (16/10 primochill) and there's very little space between the PSU, the pump and the 240 rad.

It's gotten to the point where I'm considering dumping the 240 and save myself a headache, which would be a shame since then I'd have a bunch of leftover gear.

Edit: I would have included pics but I'm at work now, can include some tomorrow if needed.
I will be doing so very soon...from my measurements I'm going to need at least one 90 fitting to make routing easier from the pump...my plan is to have the ports all on the front side...with cpu to gpus then to res then pump then to my h220x on the side mount and through both rads then back....
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners