Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 126

post #1251 of 19100
have someone connected PWM fans to the hub?
evolv
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k msi z97m GTX 1080 corsair vengeance pro 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung evo  ek coolstream PE 240 ek coolstream PE 240 DDC pump 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
ek supremacy evo ek GTX 1080 full cover block  EK vardar F1 windows 10 pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC/00 GW2750 GW2750 CM masterkeys TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair ax1200 phanteks enthoo evolv mATX razer naga qpad xxl 
AudioAudio
ASUS ROG xonar phoebus Sennheiser HD600 
  hide details  
Reply
evolv
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k msi z97m GTX 1080 corsair vengeance pro 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung evo  ek coolstream PE 240 ek coolstream PE 240 DDC pump 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
ek supremacy evo ek GTX 1080 full cover block  EK vardar F1 windows 10 pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC/00 GW2750 GW2750 CM masterkeys TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair ax1200 phanteks enthoo evolv mATX razer naga qpad xxl 
AudioAudio
ASUS ROG xonar phoebus Sennheiser HD600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1252 of 19100
I'm hopping to join your club, with in my opinion one of the sexiest looking off the shelf cases you can buy also at a wicked price. My problem is it doesn't support XL ATX out of the box. I have the MSI Z87 XPower motherboard and would love to use it, if I could. My question is between the bottom of a regular ATX MB, and the Enthoos psu shroud there looks to be about 2 inches spare, is there enough room for me to do what we all do best and drill and tap 3 new holes for standoffs ? I understand that I would be covering up the bottom grommets but that isn't an issue. The MB is 34.5 cm long if that helps. Would one of you lovely people mind measuring for me please exactly how long is the motherboard tray, that would be great.
post #1253 of 19100
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung View Post

I'm hopping to join your club, with in my opinion one of the sexiest looking off the shelf cases you can buy also at a wicked price. My problem is it doesn't support XL ATX out of the box. I have the MSI Z87 XPower motherboard and would love to use it, if I could. My question is between the bottom of a regular ATX MB, and the Enthoos psu shroud there looks to be about 2 inches spare, is there enough room for me to do what we all do best and drill and tap 3 new holes for standoffs ? I understand that I would be covering up the bottom grommets but that isn't an issue. The MB is 34.5 cm long if that helps. Would one of you lovely people mind measuring for me please exactly how long is the motherboard tray, that would be great.

I also have a Z87 XPower, and I'm sorry to say but it will not fit in the Enthoo Primo. If it would have I'd already have my build with it in it. That would have made my life so much easier.

It is 32.4cm from the PSU ledge to the top row of mobo standoffs.
Even if the board would have fit you would have lost use of the bottom two PCI-e slots.
post #1254 of 19100
Just placed an order for some goodies. Ordered an XSPC D5 pump top as the bay res seems to be too noisy for me. Going to put the pump on the rubber pump base. Also have the Swiftech micro res I plan to put on the side of the drive cage. I think that will look pretty good. If it won't fit there I am sure I can find somewhere creative to put it. Also going back to the solid black tubing... The yellow isn't doing it for me.
post #1255 of 19100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

Just placed an order for some goodies. Ordered an XSPC D5 pump top as the bay res seems to be too noisy for me. Going to put the pump on the rubber pump base. Also have the Swiftech micro res I plan to put on the side of the drive cage. I think that will look pretty good. If it won't fit there I am sure I can find somewhere creative to put it. Also going back to the solid black tubing... The yellow isn't doing it for me.

I gotta tell ya, settling on a tubing color has been one of the most unexpectedly difficult parts of my build. lol Maybe because I have honestly been so focused on function and performance that I didnt give aesthetics a thought until very recently?

And I'm pretty sure when all is said and done (hopefully this weekend!) I'm going to be unsatisfied with what I went with. But the wallet is back on lockdown, I'm using whatever I have now until my next upgrade down the road. wink.gif
post #1256 of 19100
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnyc75 View Post

I gotta tell ya, settling on a tubing color has been one of the most unexpectedly difficult parts of my build. lol Maybe because I have honestly been so focused on function and performance that I didnt give aesthetics a thought until very recently?

And I'm pretty sure when all is said and done (hopefully this weekend!) I'm going to be unsatisfied with what I went with. But the wallet is back on lockdown, I'm using whatever I have now until my next upgrade down the road. wink.gif

You said it...

Honestly, I prefer the solid black tubing. It just seems fitting to me. Maybe later down the road I will do the rigid tubing but really I want to do solid copper. I keep changing things though... Can't begin the solid copper process till I am satisfied
post #1257 of 19100
For Canaidian buyers waiting for this case Canadacomputers just got a shipment says they have 10+ on there online store and they're giving a pretty good discount for shipping right now got it shipped for 283 with tax and shipping pretty decent since newegg when they get stock it would be over 300 so not to shabby
post #1258 of 19100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

You said it...

Honestly, I prefer the solid black tubing. It just seems fitting to me. Maybe later down the road I will do the rigid tubing but really I want to do solid copper. I keep changing things though... Can't begin the solid copper process till I am satisfied

I hear ya. My next build will almost certainly be rigid acrylic, and my color scheme will NOT be red & black. lol

You know, Monsoon makes copper compression fittings (they call them "orange", but they're clearly copper colored) that would look amazing with black tubing, and that would allow you to dip your toes in the copper scheme without going all-in with an actual all-copper build.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15825/ex-tub-1258/Monsoon_Free_Center_Compression_Fitting_-_12ID_x_34OD_-_Single_Orange_FCC-1234-1P-OR.html?tl=g30c569s1764
Edited by chrisnyc75 - 11/14/13 at 12:25pm
post #1259 of 19100
Did anyone else receive a fan hub with a male molex instead of a female? Any thoughts on how to resolve this problem quickly?
post #1260 of 19100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmwookie View Post

Did anyone else receive a fan hub with a male molex instead of a female? Any thoughts on how to resolve this problem quickly?

Male-to-female molex adapter?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners