Originally Posted by eaglesfan398
Going to order the evolv tg. Want to hear your guys views about the case and any issues you guys have run into before I fully commit to this case. I'm coming from a 760t and know this case is only a little smaller but if anyone has a comparison with a picture that would be great!
- Tall ram and a top mounted 280mm rad with fans in push will NOT work (without cutting the fans).
- Push/pull or pull is only possible up top by modifying the top bracket (although this isn't really advisable due to little room for the fans to move air).
- You can't use the lower HDD sled mounts when you have a 280mm or larger rad installed. Same deal with the top PSU cover pump mount (floor mount is ok).
- If you use a 240/280 rad up top you will want to seal off the open space to prevent re-circulation of warm air.
- In general this case is not for people who want multiple HDDs and multi radiator support.
- Case is a little on the louder side compared to say a Fractal Design Define case. (sound dampening material will help a bit here)
- It is made exceptionally well. A step up from Corsair for sure.
- It looks amazing. Subjective... but not really. It looks amazing.
- Exterior is scratch resistant. Tempered glass is better than acrylic in this regard as well. Needs a bit more dusting though.
- There are lots of mounting, routing, tie down, pass through, etc cable, tube, whatever options. Chances are if one run doesn't work, there is another that will.
- Top radiator bracket is a life saver.
- Mounting stuff is very easy... overall an easy case to build in.
- Front and top panels are easy to take off.
- Phanteks offers replacement parts for just about every part of the case (this helps if you plan on modding)