Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 1459

post #14581 of 19068
Quote:
Originally Posted by paskowitz View Post

How on God's green earth did you get those copper bends so perfect? Stunning build!


Much appreciated man! For starters I had gone through A LOT of different layout designs in illustrator prior to even buying the equipment

Here ended up being my final design:


My boss let me borrow a pair of Swagelok 1/2" tube benders from work for the project so that made it much easier. The swagelok manual was actually extremely extremely helpful in teaching me how to measure and create accurate bends. But I quickly learned that copper is tough because it work hardens once you bend it. So you get one shot or you **** it up. I messed up so many bends but thankfully i bought a whole coil of the tubing so i was covered.

The most difficult part however was getting accurate measurements from vertex to vertex (bend point to bend point) without anything to really reference off of. So i got the idea to cut some smaller straight lengths of pieces and stick them into the fittings i was trying to measure out. Then with some digital calipers I was able to measure the center-to-center points of each tube and come up with an accurate reading.

Like this:


Before I bent the tubing I literally went to the drawing board and accurately drew out all the plans for each tube on posterboard so once i made the bend I could reference it against my drawing and see if I was off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael-ocn View Post

+1 that copper tubing is incredibly cool smile.gif

Thanks man! The copper tubing was like 90% of my build. lol! ( Measuring, bending, sanding 600-1200-2000, polishing, clear coating, polishing again)

Took so long but the payoff was great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfree88 View Post

Wow nice color scheme. Amazed that it came together so well with the different colored lights and everything being a slightly different color. None of it separate would look like it would match really but bringing it all together it really looks nice. Reservoir is a little off color-wise but still very nice (doubt you will ever get a perfect match to copper shine without copper). All around a badass looking build, love the copper tubing.

applaud.gif

Thanks! I haven't been able to find a color on the Asus Aura yet that gets close to my cables and paint, but the good part is the blue lights look much more teal in person. The photo just oversaturated the blue.

I was a little dissapointed in the reservoir color to be honest, Primochills website photo looks significantly more peach colored but the actual product came out more orange than i was expecting. But hey it still looks nice so i'm not complaining!.


Edited by Asyde - 8/10/16 at 1:13am
post #14582 of 19068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazexa View Post

So, today I got the Phanteks RGB LED "starter-kit" in. When I hooked it up, I originally hooked it up like this:

ASUS AURA header -> Evolv ATX case LED's -> two LED strips

But, I was only getting blue, or white, no other LED colors. I disconnected the strips and tried just the case LED's, and was only getting blue or white again. When I disconnected the case LED's, and connected only the strips, the strips worked fine. I was NOT using the 12V adapter for the case LED's, also.

So, next, I tried just the 12V power connector for the case LED's, without using the AURA header. And, the LED's worked fine with the case's control.

Basically, the LED strips work fine, either controller from the case or from AURA, but the case-LED's ONLY work right when used with the case's 12V power. Any ideas as to what's wrong?


@Asyde
Really like the smooth straight lines with uniform turns in lines and how they create conformity in the looks. thumb.gif
But I'm going to nit-pick .. the line from GPU to top radiator does not match. The bend out of GPU not lining up with bends going to CPU jumps up 'in my face'. I guess all the conduit bending and resulting 'ridicule' received as an apprentice damaged me beyond redemption .. even after all these years. blushsmiley.gif
post #14583 of 19068
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

@Asyde
Really like the smooth straight lines with uniform turns in lines and how they create conformity in the looks. thumb.gif
But I'm going to nit-pick .. the line from GPU to top radiator does not match. The bend out of GPU not lining up with bends going to CPU jumps up 'in my face'. I guess all the conduit bending and resulting 'ridicule' received as an apprentice damaged me beyond redemption .. even after all these years. blushsmiley.gif

Yeah, as you may have seen in my design photo i posted that wasn't my original idea. But when I went to go measure everything out i realized that a simple 45° bend right there was very very close to being perfect. But yes, it's slightly higher than the rest. That was the last bend I did, so I may have settled for slightly off, but still good looking at that point tongue.gif


Allthough the polish does fool with the eyes a little. It's really pretty close. Here is the shot I took right after finishing the bends. Bit easier to see the start/stop of the bend. but it's still slightly higher.

Edited by Asyde - 8/10/16 at 2:01am
post #14584 of 19068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asyde View Post

Yeah, as you may have seen in my design photo i posted that wasn't my original idea. But when I went to go measure everything out i realized that a simple 45° bend right there was very very close to being perfect. But yes, it's slightly higher than the rest. That was the last bend I did, so I may have settled for slightly off, but still good looking at that point tongue.gif


Allthough the polish does fool with the eyes a little. It's really pretty close. Here is the shot I took right after finishing the bends. Bit easier to see the start/stop of the bend. but it's still slightly higher.
Glad you understand.

Yeah, it could easily be as much optical illusion as misalignment. Same as optical illusion in image you just posted makes the vertical part of radiator to radiator look slightly different angle than radiator to CPU block.

Here's a quick photoshop of it looking aligned illusion and all . biggrin.gif


Any way we look at it, there is no doubt about how nice the overall look is. thumb.gif
post #14585 of 19068
Looks very nice indeed! My loop is also done smile.gif It was a tight fit from the top to the front radiator but it worked. I had to move the front rad to the front of the radiator mount and the fans on the inside of the case to make it work. Now my sleeving and RGB LED's need to arrive and I can finish it up. Also I have to hide the ugly cables of my Scythe GT fans. Fittings look like they are not tight, but my tubing is smaller than the fittings and I tightened them all with a wrench.


Glass
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
Glass
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #14586 of 19068
^ Nice. I am glad to see you got that worked out!
post #14587 of 19068
Thanks man smile.gif The 45 degree adapter in the 2nd picture was leaking (at a very slow rate but there were drops) so I replaced that. I bought many fittings second hand so that was a possibility. Right now everything looks good.
Glass
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
Glass
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #14588 of 19068
Ah. I had a leak in my CPU block fitting. I ended up doubling up the o-ring and it stopped it right quick smile.gif
post #14589 of 19068
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFunGenesis View Post

Ah. I had a leak in my CPU block fitting. I ended up doubling up the o-ring and it stopped it right quick smile.gif
i purchased a metric o ring set for replacing o rings and a standard one for if i needed to double as the metric o ring sort of seats in the next size up of standard...but so far i havent needed to replace but a cpu block ring (inside the block)
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14590 of 19068
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Glad you understand.

Yeah, it could easily be as much optical illusion as misalignment. Same as optical illusion in image you just posted makes the vertical part of radiator to radiator look slightly different angle than radiator to CPU block.

Here's a quick photoshop of it looking aligned illusion and all . biggrin.gif


Any way we look at it, there is no doubt about how nice the overall look is. thumb.gif

nice photoshop! You caught part of the reason i was enticed to use the 45 adapter fitting because otherwise i would have had to use an additional offset soft bend rather than the 45 adapter. I wasn't sure if I had enough room to do an additional bend and still have everything line up the way I wanted. When i was playing around with ideas i saw that the 45 fitting on the radiator put a 45 bend very very close to matching. It was too good of an opportunity to pass up I just opted to do it that way instead. In all honesty I probably should have done it like you suggested because it would be more uniform, both off the GPU and into the radiator.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners