Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 1749

post #17481 of 17848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito Bandit View Post


Temps not that great in the Evolv ATX for y'all?

With the lid on, I can feel the heat being trapped in the top rad. Even though I sealed up all the unused opennings at the top. One of my gpus gets up to 60c under load after about a couple hours with the lid on. With the lid off my hottest gpu in sli is 49c with fans all fans sub 1400 rpm. At 1200 rpm is when I can hear my fans somewhat going. I expect with the cut top to have relatively the same temps. 49 and 45c (running my parallel block in reverse some how this is the highest temp diff ive seen in parallel) loaded on the gpus after a few hours is quite good to me. My ambient is about 27-30c. Water temp sits at 32-33 idle normally.
post #17482 of 17848
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistencelies View Post


A 150ml is probably ideal for your build. The use of my multiport was so I can could finish my loop to the top of the reservoir. The coolant falls down into the reservoir. Also since it is multiport that is also where I fill. It is pretty easy filling up. I just remove one of the block off fittings. Attach my compression fitting then attach custom bent fill tube. I then tighten it down. From there I will tape the tube to the top of the case so I don't have to hold it. Attach a funnel to top of tube as well. Start filling it up.

 

I thought both tubes going in to and out from the reservoir should be on the bottom so that the liquid doesn't go below the level of both ports when filling? How is it different when you put the return tube on top of the res?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post


With the lid on, I can feel the heat being trapped in the top rad. Even though I sealed up all the unused opennings at the top. One of my gpus gets up to 60c under load after about a couple hours with the lid on. With the lid off my hottest gpu in sli is 49c with fans all fans sub 1400 rpm. At 1200 rpm is when I can hear my fans somewhat going. I expect with the cut top to have relatively the same temps. 49 and 45c (running my parallel block in reverse some how this is the highest temp diff ive seen in parallel) loaded on the gpus after a few hours is quite good to me. My ambient is about 27-30c. Water temp sits at 32-33 idle normally.

 

That's interesting. That's a significant drop in temps. I thought the top panel airflow issues are overrated and can be easily worked around? @doyll explained how to do that in my thread here:

 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1627438/best-bang-for-the-buck-mid-tower-atx-case

 

Any comments on that?

post #17483 of 17848
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

I thought both tubes going in to and out from the reservoir should be on the bottom so that the liquid doesn't go below the level of both ports when filling? How is it different when you put the return tube on top of the res?


That's interesting. That's a significant drop in temps. I thought the top panel airflow issues are overrated and can be easily worked around? @doyll explained how to do that in my thread here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1627438/best-bang-for-the-buck-mid-tower-atx-case

Any comments on that?

I have left the top resting before, and pressing the power button becomes annoying lol. I've had the top open areas on the tray sealed since day 1. The top resting brings a 3c-4c reduction, it's not bad but not good enough to me. Yes high 50s loaded on the gpu is more than acceptable but I built system in winter and my apartment now has an ambient of 27-30 depending on the heating level. However, come summer time it's going to be a higher ambient. The front panel I have used a 3-4mm longer screw to create more of a gap that it's hard to tell from the outside. Sure you can use the top lid rested and get away with decent temps. However, I rather address the issue and get even better temps. To have 2 360s cooling 3 components and see a high 50s on a gpu these days is ridiculous to me in a decent ambient. I didn't invest that much into my loop to be outdone by an aio with zipties. I think my cut top looks fine. Sure a custom cnc design and re anodized job would look even better but I am not paying the cost of the case to mod the top. As each job is different in cost, I would say hit up modmymods with something you'd like done about the top the cost is more than fair.
post #17484 of 17848
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

I have left the top resting before, and pressing the power button becomes annoying lol. I've had the top open areas on the tray sealed since day 1. The top resting brings a 3c-4c reduction, it's not bad but not good enough to me. Yes high 50s loaded on the gpu is more than acceptable but I built system in winter and my apartment now has an ambient of 27-30 depending on the heating level. However, come summer time it's going to be a higher ambient. The front panel I have used a 3-4mm longer screw to create more of a gap that it's hard to tell from the outside. Sure you can use the top lid rested and get away with decent temps. However, I rather address the issue and get even better temps. To have 2 360s cooling 3 components and see a high 50s on a gpu these days is ridiculous to me in a decent ambient. I didn't invest that much into my loop to be outdone by an aio with zipties. I think my cut top looks fine. Sure a custom cnc design and re anodized job would look even better but I am not paying the cost of the case to mod the top. As each job is different in cost, I would say hit up modmymods with something you'd like done about the top the cost is more than fair.

Well, the thing is that I still don't have this case. I'm planning for a custom waterloop and I'm considering this case because of its looks. But I'm still undecided because of all these so-called "issues" with it.
post #17485 of 17848
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Well, the thing is that I still don't have this case. I'm planning for a custom waterloop and I'm considering this case because of its looks. But I'm still undecided because of all these so-called "issues" with it.

Depends on what you have on hand. If you already have loop components on hand they may or may not work well for you. The only component on hand of mine outside of blocks that made it into this case from my last loop was the pump. I am not counting fittings as that's a given. I wasn't too happy about buying 2 rads when I had 5 but they weren't optimal either thermally or visually. If i had to do it all over again, I would of gotten the luxe tg instead. Or even just get the clear glass for the primo I was in lol. However, I do like this case a lot and the end result is something I am content with.
post #17486 of 17848
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

I have left the top resting before, and pressing the power button becomes annoying lol. I've had the top open areas on the tray sealed since day 1. The top resting brings a 3c-4c reduction, it's not bad but not good enough to me. Yes high 50s loaded on the gpu is more than acceptable but I built system in winter and my apartment now has an ambient of 27-30 depending on the heating level. However, come summer time it's going to be a higher ambient. The front panel I have used a 3-4mm longer screw to create more of a gap that it's hard to tell from the outside. Sure you can use the top lid rested and get away with decent temps. However, I rather address the issue and get even better temps. To have 2 360s cooling 3 components and see a high 50s on a gpu these days is ridiculous to me in a decent ambient. I didn't invest that much into my loop to be outdone by an aio with zipties. I think my cut top looks fine. Sure a custom cnc design and re anodized job would look even better but I am not paying the cost of the case to mod the top. As each job is different in cost, I would say hit up modmymods with something you'd like done about the top the cost is more than fair.
I wouldn't consider 27°C-30°C a reasonable ambient temperature. Typical room temperature for a building with functional heat & air is closer to 21°C (70°F). If your environment were closer to typical, you'd be talking about GPU temperatures in the hi 40s to low 50s instead of high 50s, & I suspect you'd be more satisfied with the performance. I understand that sometimes environmental temperatures are beyond your control, & you have to work with what you have. I just want others making personal decisions based on your experience to be aware that you're working in a more difficult environment than may be typical.
Gigabyte Z170
(23 items)
 
 
Brother's Machine
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z170 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2280 Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phanteks PH-F140SP Phanteks PH-F140SP Phanteks PH-F140SP Phanteks PH-F140SP 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phanteks PH-F140SP Phanteks PH-F120SP Windows 10 Pro Visio E601i-A3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G600 MMO 
OtherOtherOther
XBox One Controller Reeven Four Eyes Touch HTC Vive 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G4560 ASUS H110M-A/M.2 Corsair Vengeance LPX Western Digital Caviar Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital Caviar Blue Cryorig H7 Undecided EVGA Supernova G2 750W 
CaseOther
Corsair Air 540 Phanteks PH-F140SP 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2120 ACER IPISB-VR EVGA GTX 260 3x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Wester Digital Green ASUS DVD RW DVD RW Stock Cooler 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua NF-S12B Redux-1200 Noctua NF-S12B Redux-1200 Noctua NF-S12B Redux-1200 Windows 10 Pro 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake TR2 500W Corsair Carbide Spec-01 Microsoft Intellimouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Gigabyte Z170
(23 items)
 
 
Brother's Machine
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z170 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2280 Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phanteks PH-F140SP Phanteks PH-F140SP Phanteks PH-F140SP Phanteks PH-F140SP 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phanteks PH-F140SP Phanteks PH-F120SP Windows 10 Pro Visio E601i-A3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G600 MMO 
OtherOtherOther
XBox One Controller Reeven Four Eyes Touch HTC Vive 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium G4560 ASUS H110M-A/M.2 Corsair Vengeance LPX Western Digital Caviar Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital Caviar Blue Cryorig H7 Undecided EVGA Supernova G2 750W 
CaseOther
Corsair Air 540 Phanteks PH-F140SP 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2120 ACER IPISB-VR EVGA GTX 260 3x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
Wester Digital Green ASUS DVD RW DVD RW Stock Cooler 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua NF-S12B Redux-1200 Noctua NF-S12B Redux-1200 Noctua NF-S12B Redux-1200 Windows 10 Pro 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake TR2 500W Corsair Carbide Spec-01 Microsoft Intellimouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17487 of 17848
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewbell View Post

I wouldn't consider 27°C-30°C a reasonable ambient temperature. Typical room temperature for a building with functional heat & air is closer to 21°C (70°F). If your environment were closer to typical, you'd be talking about GPU temperatures in the hi 40s to low 50s instead of high 50s, & I suspect you'd be more satisfied with the performance. I understand that sometimes environmental temperatures are beyond your control, & you have to work with what you have. I just want others making personal decisions based on your experience to be aware that you're working in a more difficult environment than may be typical.

I live in an prewar building in manhattan and we don't have control over the heating. So it's usually 24 to 30c depending on how high the heat is jacked up. However, when its like 17F outside I rather be warm inside with tshirt and shorts than bundled up. However, the fact remains that the top suffocates the radiator. I don't think there's one person here who hasn't experienced at least a 5c drop under a constant load with the lid off on a full loop.
post #17488 of 17848
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

With the lid on, I can feel the heat being trapped in the top rad. Even though I sealed up all the unused opennings at the top. One of my gpus gets up to 60c under load after about a couple hours with the lid on. With the lid off my hottest gpu in sli is 49c with fans all fans sub 1400 rpm. At 1200 rpm is when I can hear my fans somewhat going. I expect with the cut top to have relatively the same temps. 49 and 45c (running my parallel block in reverse some how this is the highest temp diff ive seen in parallel) loaded on the gpus after a few hours is quite good to me. My ambient is about 27-30c. Water temp sits at 32-33 idle normally.
If I may ask what did you pay to get the cut done and the material piece you put in? Also this is all USA, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

I thought both tubes going in to and out from the reservoir should be on the bottom so that the liquid doesn't go below the level of both ports when filling? How is it different when you put the return tube on top of the res?

You can have your return tube anywhere. Just as long you aren't starving your pump motor of coolant. Some people have their return tube going back to the bottom of the reservoir and nothing wrong with that. I thought having the return tube on the top of the reservoir would look great and it does. The pump sucks out the coolant from the bottom of the reservoir, pumps it into the front radiator, flows into the GPU block, flows into the top radiator, flows into the CPU block, the flows back into the reservoir completing the loop.
post #17489 of 17848
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistencelies View Post

If I may ask what did you pay to get the cut done and the material piece you put in? Also this is all USA, right?

Modmymods is located in Rochester Ny. It cost me less than 10 bucks to ship it over. As for the cost it varies on what you want but for my job it was a very very decent price. Labor is different per job like any other service but for something like mine expect the 40ish range is what I was told. I would think that if it was something many of us were willing to group do, a cnc run would be worked out by them at perhaps a better cost. The material I placed in was a magnetic demciflex filter 2x180mm OD. I wanted a firmer mesh but didn't look into it. Considering that it's easily removable that is an option further down the line.
Edited by nycgtr - 4/12/17 at 8:53am
post #17490 of 17848
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

Modmymods is located in Rochester Ny. It cost me less than 10 bucks to ship it over. As for the cost it varies on what you want but for my job it was a very very decent price. Labor is different per job like any other service but for something like mine expect the 40ish range is what I was told. The material I placed in was a magnetic demciflex filter 2x180mm OD. I wanted a firmer mesh but didn't look into it. Considering that it's easily removable that is an option further down the line.
Seriously it would be the exact same you had done.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners