Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 1910

post #19091 of 19214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

You will never get the magic potion of erection from Lothar of the Hill People on a four core CPU!!!!!! You need at least six cores just to get the mighty sword from the dragon's den! You'll get pwned!!11!1!1!! rolleyes.gif

lmao cheers.gif
Guess all the people running i5's have needed to upgrade for the past 4 years or so.
Edited by DarthBaggins - 11/19/17 at 11:18am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6900k ASUS x99 Deluxe MSI GTX 1080ti AERO OC GSkill 32GB DDR4 3000 ( 4 x 8GB )  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Windows 10 Eductaion Drive) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) EKWB Supremacy EVO Acetal-Nickel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... EKWB 16mm Nickel  Corsair ML140 (x3) Corsair ML120 (x3) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower None Chamfer Brass Link Tubing OD16MM... EKWB EK-RES X3 250 RGB EKWB FC1080 GTX Nickel Acetal EKWB PE360 Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
VPP655 D5 VPP655 D5 Bitspower BP-2D5TOPP-BK Dual D5 Mod Top (POM Ve... Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Home 64bit ACER XF270HU (main monitor) Acer K272HUL (streamer monitor) Cooler Master Quickfire TK Cherry MX-Browns 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic SS-760XP2 Phanteks PH-ES515PTG_SWT Enthoo Pro M SE  Logitech G403 Prodigy (Wireless) Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sound Blaster Zx Kanto YU2 Gloss White Sennheiser PC 360 Special Edition ModOne Custom Sleeved extensions 
OtherOther
CableMod Widebeam LED RGB 60cm (x3) Logitech C922x 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5930k Evga Micro2 x99 EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked Crucial Ballistix (White) 16GB DDR4 2400 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Ballistix (Gray) 16GB DDR4 2400 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe (Windows 10 Educatio... Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 (Linux drive) Seagate Barracuda 2TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0) Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0) LG GP65NS60 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supremacy EVO Acetal-Copper Aquacomputer kryoM.2 evo PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter fo... Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK ZMT Tubing 3/8 x 5/8 Noctua Redux 120mm  EKWB FC1080 GTX Nickel Acetal Silverstone 8 way PWM fan hub 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Noctua iPPC 120 2000rpm EK D5 Vario Aquacomputers Aqualis Pro Alphacool VPP655 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Bitspower BP-2D5TOPP-BK Dual D5 Mod Top (POM Ve... XSPC EX360 Windows 10 Education 64bit Ubuntu 14.04LTS (Mate Mod) 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VS238H @ 75hz Acer XF270HU Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK (Cherry MX-... CoolerMaster v850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
InWin 303 Black Fnatic Flick G1 Steel Series QcK+ Kanto YU2 Gloss White 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Sennheiser PC 360 Special Edition Sound Blaster Zx CableMod Widebeam RGB LED kit (x2) CableMod White & Black Sleeved Cable extension kit 
CPUHard DriveOSMonitor
Apple A7 ‑ 64‑bit, Apple A7 32GB flash iOS 11.2 9.7" IPS TFT ‑ LED backlight ‑ 2048 x 1536 ( 26... 
PowerAudioAudioOther
Lightning Adapter Topping NX1s DAC/Amp Sennheiser PC 360 SE  Zagg Folio Hinged case with non backlit keyboar... 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6900k ASUS x99 Deluxe MSI GTX 1080ti AERO OC GSkill 32GB DDR4 3000 ( 4 x 8GB )  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Windows 10 Eductaion Drive) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) EKWB Supremacy EVO Acetal-Nickel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... EKWB 16mm Nickel  Corsair ML140 (x3) Corsair ML120 (x3) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower None Chamfer Brass Link Tubing OD16MM... EKWB EK-RES X3 250 RGB EKWB FC1080 GTX Nickel Acetal EKWB PE360 Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
VPP655 D5 VPP655 D5 Bitspower BP-2D5TOPP-BK Dual D5 Mod Top (POM Ve... Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Home 64bit ACER XF270HU (main monitor) Acer K272HUL (streamer monitor) Cooler Master Quickfire TK Cherry MX-Browns 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic SS-760XP2 Phanteks PH-ES515PTG_SWT Enthoo Pro M SE  Logitech G403 Prodigy (Wireless) Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sound Blaster Zx Kanto YU2 Gloss White Sennheiser PC 360 Special Edition ModOne Custom Sleeved extensions 
OtherOther
CableMod Widebeam LED RGB 60cm (x3) Logitech C922x 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5930k Evga Micro2 x99 EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked Crucial Ballistix (White) 16GB DDR4 2400 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Ballistix (Gray) 16GB DDR4 2400 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe (Windows 10 Educatio... Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 (Linux drive) Seagate Barracuda 2TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0) Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0) LG GP65NS60 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supremacy EVO Acetal-Copper Aquacomputer kryoM.2 evo PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter fo... Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK ZMT Tubing 3/8 x 5/8 Noctua Redux 120mm  EKWB FC1080 GTX Nickel Acetal Silverstone 8 way PWM fan hub 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Noctua iPPC 120 2000rpm EK D5 Vario Aquacomputers Aqualis Pro Alphacool VPP655 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Bitspower BP-2D5TOPP-BK Dual D5 Mod Top (POM Ve... XSPC EX360 Windows 10 Education 64bit Ubuntu 14.04LTS (Mate Mod) 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VS238H @ 75hz Acer XF270HU Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK (Cherry MX-... CoolerMaster v850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
InWin 303 Black Fnatic Flick G1 Steel Series QcK+ Kanto YU2 Gloss White 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Sennheiser PC 360 Special Edition Sound Blaster Zx CableMod Widebeam RGB LED kit (x2) CableMod White & Black Sleeved Cable extension kit 
CPUHard DriveOSMonitor
Apple A7 ‑ 64‑bit, Apple A7 32GB flash iOS 11.2 9.7" IPS TFT ‑ LED backlight ‑ 2048 x 1536 ( 26... 
PowerAudioAudioOther
Lightning Adapter Topping NX1s DAC/Amp Sennheiser PC 360 SE  Zagg Folio Hinged case with non backlit keyboar... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19092 of 19214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby67 View Post

well whatever it is that You are doing with that cpu and its cache and few cores, you are able to do just that and nothing else, if you do need that 5.1 OC.
Im sorry dont take it personal, but as Intel xeon client for years I have always found it appalling the prices that Intel has placed this cpu to the public.....I think that people like You that own a 7700k, should be the first ones to complain about it, instead of glorifying the suppository you have been sold over and over and over and over.....if it wasnt for AMD you would be still here talking about overclocked dual cores and praising INtel while INtel is stealing Your money

You are adorable and obviously prefer AMD.
My primary use of this machine (lightroom CC editing of raw files) benefits from CPU clock speed and the GPU; nothing else.
This application gains no benefit from more than 4 cores; just higher clock speed.
At the time of my build the 7700k was the highest clock speed CPU on the market and will fit my use case for years to come.

You sound like you're either a troll, or just too young to see past your own nose.
In either case, I'm not going to argue with you, lad.

The one thing you got right is, I am indeed an old timer.
I've got over a decade of technical experience in multi vendor environments, working for fortune 500 tech companies.
AMD/Intel is coke/pepsi, little man. More similarities than differences.

If I lose my career and family, find myself with a plethora of free time and decide to spend that time gaming, you'll be the first person I ask for gaming advice from.

I also own a 12 Core Xeon server; now can we be friends???
I sure hope so, cause I could really use validation from some nerd on a forum.

xoxo
post #19093 of 19214
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapper13 View Post

It's a gaming PC but I'm not gaming.
Just wanted to build the most powerful and versatile machine I could for around $2500, so this is what I built.
Heavy raw editing in lightroom CC, which the GPU kicks ass at.
Otherwise, general purpose PC.

Wanted to try mining with it as a learning opportunity.
Now at a fork: add a second GPU to this, or build a dedicated mining rig.

My current rig pulls 450 Watts from the wall while mining.
I totally understand that and respect it, but You know Intel as been offering 6 core extreme cpus for a while already, I dont know what kind of power You need for doing what, but even if You went for a 8 core AMD today it wouldnt be a great price difference, Intel has had 6 Core Xtreme cpus priced just as the 7700K, and the price for that CPU is a steal because kids buy it and Intel needs the money as their sales have dropped dramatically...all I am trying to message here is that the more You glorify the 7700k, the less options you will be given while at the same time they will keep on selling this kind of low end CPus at crazy prices...a 7700k should cost less than half of what it is priced today... but no, people keep on buying it and as always those same people are the ones being ripped off...and then on top of that you get all the delidding cult and OC cult, that makes things even worse...cant you just say Hey intel You PCU at this price point is a piece of ****e because I must delid for it work, give me a faster product at the same price?
So here we are with people wanting more power but not willing to sped money and ok You go for ....a 7700K...there has been so much option than a 7700k price point for so long..I really don t understand, You guys raise the issue of prices and then You end up being donors to Intel...do You realize this?
post #19094 of 19214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby67 View Post

I totally understand that and respect it, but You know Intel as been offering 6 core extreme cpus for a while already, I dont know what kind of power You need for doing what, but even if You went for a 8 core AMD today it wouldnt be a great price difference, Intel has had 6 Core Xtreme cpus priced just as the 7700K, and the price for that CPU is a steal because kids buy it and Intel needs the money as their sales have dropped dramatically...all I am trying to message here is that the more You glorify the 7700k, the less options you will be given while at the same time they will keep on selling this kind of low end CPus at crazy prices...a 7700k should cost less than half of what it is priced today... but no, people keep on buying it and as always those same people are the ones being ripped off...and then on top of that you get all the delidding cult and OC cult, that makes things even worse...cant you just say Hey intel You PCU at this price point is a piece of ****e because I must delid for it work, give me a faster product at the same price?
So here we are with people wanting more power but not willing to sped money and ok You go for ....a 7700K...there has been so much option than a 7700k price point for so long..I really don t understand, You guys raise the issue of prices and then You end up being donors to Intel...do You realize this?

What part of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapper13 View Post

My primary use of this machine (lightroom CC editing of raw files) benefits from CPU clock speed and the GPU; nothing else. This application gains no benefit from more than 4 cores; just higher clock speed. At the time of my build the 7700k was the highest clock speed CPU on the market and will fit my use case for years to come.
has you so confused? Do you need help with the bigger words? How do you not comprehend that having more unused threads at a lower clock speed does not benefit this individual? tongue.gif
post #19095 of 19214
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapper13 View Post

You are adorable and obviously prefer AMD.
My primary use of this machine (lightroom CC editing of raw files) benefits from CPU clock speed and the GPU; nothing else.
This application gains no benefit from more than 4 cores; just higher clock speed.
At the time of my build the 7700k was the highest clock speed CPU on the market and will fit my use case for years to come.

You sound like you're either a troll, or just too young to see past your own nose.
In either case, I'm not going to argue with you, lad.

The one thing you got right is, I am indeed an old timer.
I've got over a decade of technical experience in multi vendor environments, working for fortune 500 tech companies.
AMD/Intel is coke/pepsi, little man. More similarities than differences.

If I lose my career and family, find myself with a plethora of free time and decide to spend that time gaming, you'll be the first person I ask for gaming advice from.

I also own a 12 Core Xeon server; now can we be friends???
I sure hope so, cause I could really use validation from some nerd on a forum.

xoxo
I have been on dual xeons for as long as I can remember, CG is My profession...as for preferring AMD, .....yes now I do because to be honest last Xeon release to me has been a massive disappointment even on paper, and I can only be grateful that AMD will basically zero xeon sales...there is no reason for a xeon client to upgrade to any of this latest crap Intel has released...
post #19096 of 19214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

What part of
has you so confused? Do you need help with the bigger words? How do you not comprehend that having more unused threads at a lower clock speed does not benefit this individual? tongue.gif
get a faster base clock cheap CPU with more cores for the same price...as I said there has been many of them even before AMD ryzen.
post #19097 of 19214
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBaggins View Post

a 4c/4t CPU is far from legacy, also legacy is a term you might need to look up when referring to CPU's. If it was legacy Intel and AMD would ditch the format.
I thought the same thing when I saw the post.

4 core / 8 thread, but yeah, definitely not legacy. Some people don't realize how many old i7 9xx and dual Xeon systems are still performing almost as well as some new systems do .. biggest problems are not CPU cores / threads, but Sata, USB, bluetooth, etc limitations. Also there is the fact that most games tax the limits of GPU more than CPU.
Edited by doyll - 11/19/17 at 11:55am
post #19098 of 19214
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

I thought the same thing when I saw the post.

4 core / 8 thread, but yeah, definitely not legacy. Some people don't realize how many old x58 systems are still performing almost as well as some new systems do. Also there is the fact that most games tax the limits of GPU more than CPU.
with the 8700k the 7700k becomes legacy.
post #19099 of 19214
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby67 View Post

with the 8700k the 7700k becomes legacy.
In your opinion .. which I and many others here with many years of experience in computer industry think is untrue.
post #19100 of 19214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby67 View Post

get a faster base clock cheap CPU with more cores for the same price...as I said there has been many of them even before AMD ryzen.

You are obviously being contraian purely for the sake of it, and adding nothing to this thread but seemingly intentional misinformation and noise.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners