Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 214

post #2131 of 18689
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post

Repeated some temperature benching and had some HUGE surprises

http://www.overclock.net/t/1453784/to-high-delta/10#post_21465466

Basically .... with fans at 1200 rpm-ish

-Top screen filter, with 420 under it, when removed gives me another 4.4C of cooling

-Bottom Filter removal and raising the case 1.5" got me 1.3C

That is NOT to say there is more restriction on top than on bottom.

1. This is with Phanteks 1200 rpm fans.... higher rpm fans with more SP may overcome the loss thru the screens filters.

2. This was prolly more affected by the relative size of the top and bottom rads than anything else...... the 280 on the bottom left a large area of floor mesh exposed that was able to serve as a source of fresh air from the front fans which was pulled "down under" by the draft created by the fans, due to bottom restrictions. With the 420 on top covering almost the entire surface area, no opportunity for similar effect up top.
Nice bit of testing! thumb.gif

Have to love it when a plan comes together. biggrin.gif

I've been playing with the idea of changing the top vent mesh with 4.5mm hexagonal holes.. and probably front as well.

Hexagonal Hole
  • Hexagonal holes 4.5mm;
  • Staggered pitch 5mm
  • Hole: H4.5
  • Pitch: T5
  • Material Thickness (mm): 1.0
  • Open Area 81%




Problem is it's in 1 x 2 meter sheets. biggrin.gif
Edited by doyll - 12/27/13 at 4:11am
post #2132 of 18689
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Nice bit of testing! thumb.gif

Have to love it when a plan comes together. biggrin.gif

I've been playing with the idea of changing the top vent mesh with 4.5mm hexagonal holes.. and probably front as well.

Hexagonal Hole
  • Hexagonal holes 4.5mm;
  • Staggered pitch 5mm
  • Hole: H4.5
  • Pitch: T5
  • Material Thickness (mm): 1.0
  • Open Area 81%




Problem is it's in 1 x 2 meter sheets. biggrin.gif

dont you get it smaller? here in sweden i can just go into a special shop for it and say i want 2 pieces in that and that size.
post #2133 of 18689
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunilla95 View Post

dont you get it smaller? here in sweden i can just go into a special shop for it and say i want 2 pieces in that and that size.
Probably. Finding a local shop that stocks it is the problem. I don't know how it is packed when shipped. If it can be rolled up to about 30-40cm diameter fine, but if it's shipped flat it would be expensive.

This Hex mesh seems to be the best for airflow. I'm not sure about hole size. I think 4.5mm is about right, or is it too big?
MNPCTech sell Honeycomb (hexagonal) mess 1/4" (6.35mm) holes; 9/32" (7.14mm) stagger and 22g (0.76mm) thick.
I'm thinking to getting smaller hexagonal hole size of 4.5 mm, a stagger of 5 mm and sheet thickness of 1mm.

To make it fit I'm thinking of using a piece of hardwood the size of opening minus clearance and metal thickness and clamp the piece of mesh with the amount I want to bend at right angle sticking over. Than use a thin flat tool.. like a 50mm wood chisel.. to bend it.

Probably remove front grill center and mesh and replace with above mesh to fit full opening... same look as top vent. wink.gif
post #2134 of 18689
Thread Starter 
FYI --- $219.99 w/free shipping at Newegg right now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854001
post #2135 of 18689
How many watt can one port on the pwm hub deliver?
Gonna huck up another hub on the first one and want to know i dont kill it biggrin.gif
post #2136 of 18689
I have an nzxt 10 port hub on mine with 8 ap15's on the hub. Also have all 5 phanteks fans on the phanteks hub, runs great so far.
post #2137 of 18689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunilla95 View Post

How many watt can one port on the pwm hub deliver?
Gonna huck up another hub on the first one and want to know i dont kill it biggrin.gif

Not sure anyone has been able to pull a wattage rating for the hub out of Phanteks yet. The manual only states that a "Total of 11 fans can be connected to the PWM hub". I would assume that doesn't apply to 6 watt per fan 10,000 rpm Deltas.
post #2138 of 18689
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

I have an nzxt 10 port hub on mine with 8 ap15's on the hub. Also have all 5 phanteks fans on the phanteks hub, runs great so far.

exactly the same i am about to hook up to it wink.gif great to hear it works biggrin.gif
post #2139 of 18689
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunilla95 View Post

How many watt can one port on the pwm hub deliver?
Gonna huck up another hub on the first one and want to know i dont kill it biggrin.gif
Phanteks says 2 fans on each 3 pin header... except for the master fan header. What wattage that is has yet to be determined. I've repeatedly asked Phanteks for that data. Customer service is great but it seems the engineers don't want to share. biggrin.gif
post #2140 of 18689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunilla95 View Post

exactly the same i am about to hook up to it wink.gif great to hear it works biggrin.gif

The hub probably pulls over 35 watts at startup, but I'm not concerned. Runs rather well actually, just can't see the rpm of the ap-15's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners