Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 223

post #2221 of 18685
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

If you need anyt help with caster base give me a holler. thumb.gif

Are you taking orders for your caster base? wink.gif
post #2222 of 18685
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnerer View Post

Here is how mine sits at the moment. Still trying to decide if I want to keep that 240mm rad in the back or just take it out. If I keep it i am going to make a new mount out of black acrylic and move it over towards the front of the case.


That's actually the way I'm leaning with my rig at the moment ... radiator wise.

480 up top in "push/pull'.
360 down below in "push/pull".
240 on the side in "push".

Yeah it'll be overkill, but why not. biggrin.gif
post #2223 of 18685
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickbp View Post


Are you taking orders for your caster base? wink.gif

I was referring to help make one. biggrin.gif

But I have an extra. Made it for a second EP but case won't fit in the space.. so have to get something smaller. frown.gif
post #2224 of 18685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickbp View Post

Speaking of I'm tossing around ideas in my head in planning the cleanest loop i can with the pieces I'm using. All my WC gear just showed up but due to the mining craze my 2 290's are delayed so I have time to plan. Any opinions on how you'd set up this loop are welcome. My Photon while gorgeous is making planning difficult since it has no replaceable top options like the EK reservoir's do. I've seen some people toss the idea around of using the top as an inlet but many have also said it's not a good idea. Here are my parts:

XT420 up top in push
UT280 in the bottom in push
XSPC Photon 270mm reservoir w/ some 16lb weight limit velcro strips
XSPC Raystorm cpu block
2x XSPC 290 waterblocks w/ backplates and 3 slot sli flow bridge
Swiftech MCP35x pump (which i'd like to mount on the designed mount but am open to opinions)
10ft Primoflex Advanced LRT clear tubing


All fittings/tubing are 1/2ID x 3/4OD. 10x compression fittings, 4x 45 degree rotary fittings, 2x rotary male to male fittings, 1x 90 degree rotary to 1/2 ID barb fitting, 1 Phobya valve with 2 G1/4 connection, and a T connector.

As you can see I decided to copy the other member's clever idea with the T connector and shut off drain valve off of the pump. It's late so I'm too tired to find his picture but he did post one. The pump comes with two barbs. I figured since the pump is hidden I'll go ahead and use one barb coming out the top. The other connecter will be a compression M2M>T connector>90 degree rotary w/ barb. The remaining end on the T connector will be M2M>Phobya valve>other barb from the pump.

Btw all but one 3 1/2 HD slot is filled and only 1 5 1/4 bay being used.

I think you might be referring to me! smile.gif Here is that picture if you need it
SDC11260.jpg

I'm guessing you are connecting the tube res straight to the pump?
If you haven't got a connection in the top of the res you can always fill from there. Its what I did with a squirty bottle that had an angled nozzle. May take a bit longer to fully bleed but you don't need to mess around with any other fill ports
post #2225 of 18685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereisphilly View Post

I think you might be referring to me! smile.gif Here is that picture if you need it
SDC11260.jpg

I'm guessing you are connecting the tube res straight to the pump?
If you haven't got a connection in the top of the res you can always fill from there. Its what I did with a squirty bottle that had an angled nozzle. May take a bit longer to fully bleed but you don't need to mess around with any other fill ports

Yup that's the one. Quite an expensive bleeding setup I might add lol. Everything I've read says you always go reservoir>pump so yes that will be the first section of my loop.

The Photon has a fill port on top so I may use that when filling. Unless someone can convince me using that top as an inlet in my loop isn't a bad idea which will open up possibilities for a much cleaner loop...but I doubt it.
Edited by Maverickbp - 12/31/13 at 8:49am
post #2226 of 18685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickbp View Post

Yup that's the one. Quite an expensive bleeding setup I might add lol. Everything I've read says you always go reservoir>pump so yes that will be the first section of my loop.

The Photon has a fill port on top so I may use that when filling. Unless someone can convince me using that top as an inlet in my loop isn't a bad idea which will open up possibilities for a much cleaner loop...but I doubt it.

Yeah it was a bit pricey, maybe £20 or so, but its neat and has saved me loads of time and risk of getting the inside wet when trying to whip SME hose off and drain

I'm a noob to all of this water cooling so I'm not an expert by any means, but I've ran the the inlet and outlet from the base of my res without any problems since I got the primo, and I've drained and filled 3 times.

It may take longer to fully bleed than if I had the inlet at the very top, but it only took about 5 mins to have the vast majority of the water in, and then another 30-60 mins of running the pump at various speeds, flicking it off and on, and rocking the case a little bit occasionally to get the air out. Then I whacked the PC on and just used it for a few hours, temps haven't changed at all, just occasionally You hear a gurgle and some air bubbles blow into the res and rise to the top.
After about 8 hours running, and topping it up with about 50ml of water, it seems to be all fine and quiet
post #2227 of 18685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereisphilly View Post

Yeah it was a bit pricey, maybe £20 or so, but its neat and has saved me loads of time and risk of getting the inside wet when trying to whip SME hose off and drain

I'm a noob to all of this water cooling so I'm not an expert by any means, but I've ran the the inlet and outlet from the base of my res without any problems since I got the primo, and I've drained and filled 3 times.

It may take longer to fully bleed than if I had the inlet at the very top, but it only took about 5 mins to have the vast majority of the water in, and then another 30-60 mins of running the pump at various speeds, flicking it off and on, and rocking the case a little bit occasionally to get the air out. Then I whacked the PC on and just used it for a few hours, temps haven't changed at all, just occasionally You hear a gurgle and some air bubbles blow into the res and rise to the top.
After about 8 hours running, and topping it up with about 50ml of water, it seems to be all fine and quiet

Ya I will be running the inlet and outlet to the base of the Photon. It would just be nice if I could run the inlet through the top of the Photon. That would allow me to run a tube straight from either the top radiator or from the cpu block straight thru the top of the Photon instead of a longer run to the bottom.
post #2228 of 18685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickbp View Post

Ya I will be running the inlet and outlet to the base of the Photon. It would just be nice if I could run the inlet through the top of the Photon. That would allow me to run a tube straight from either the top radiator or from the cpu block straight thru the top of the Photon instead of a longer run to the bottom.

The fill port on the photon has a baffle with 4 oval-shaped holes that the fluid must pass through. This makes filling using the port a bit slow & tricky because you have to tilt the res or the entire case quite a bit to get the fluid to want to go down one or more of the holes while still allowing air to escape from another. Otherwise all of the holes get blocked by water which means that air can't escape, and thus almost no water goes in and you likely wind up spilling water all over the place.

You could buy an M20 to G1/4 fill port adapter that would allow you to connect an inlet hose to the top of an XSPC Photon res. The 4 holes together are larger combined than a G 1/4 opening, and if used as an inlet there is no need for air to be able to escape so it shouldn't cause any issue with respect to flow.

However, if you use the fill port as an inlet you won't be able to bleed air from your res as air won't collect at the top of the res but instead in the inlet hose connected to the fill port or some other high point(s) in your loop. It would likely make filling and bleeding your loop a very challenging endeavor. I would recommend against even trying it. That's really the only benefit to having a tube res at all.
post #2229 of 18685



Finally finished my first water cooling loop. Not the best looking one but not bad for my first try. Had a few leaks but it's now running leak free (cross my fingers). I've learned so much from reading everyones post throughout the past months. Still have to deal with getting all those fans (15) running, but looking forward to the challenge. I thank all of you!!!!
post #2230 of 18685
Quote:
Originally Posted by solowarrior View Post




Finally finished my first water cooling loop. Not the best looking one but not bad for my first try. Had a few leaks but it's now running leak free (cross my fingers). I've learned so much from reading everyones post throughout the past months. Still have to deal with getting all those fans (15) running, but looking forward to the challenge. I thank all of you!!!!

Nothing wrong with that build. It looks very nice. Very clean. And honestly, it took guts to go with Acrylic for your first water cooled build. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners