Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 312

post #3111 of 18678
Anyone have some good recommendations for drive bay adapters for hard drives that they've put in their Primo's? My Caviar Black gets pretty loud sometimes when it's reading/writing in my R4, which I'm assuming is from how it's mostly metal on metal. I've been looking at this Akasa Cagestor, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something better.
post #3112 of 18678
Jack, do you do anything other than ocn? tongue.gif Hahah, i love your answers though

As to the hub, previously I had 3 of the original fans connected, one akasa 120 mm basic fan and two 60 mm fans hooked up, all of them was 3-pins.. the 4 pin coming out of the hub was connected to a corsair link module and the PSU power was plugged in and i had full static control of the fans hooked up to it and they all ran at 650-700 rpm, nice and lovely.

But since then i have done a cleanup to get rid of some fans and A LOT of molexes so i took of the 120 and the 60's from the hub and trashed one of the cooling modules since I'm only using 12 fans now and 5 of them are on the hub. i then connected the phanteks hub as i did previously aka molex power and the 4 pin to one of my link modules, but then the fans was running at full tilt and it didn't show up as a device within the corsair software. Then i re-flashed the firmware, same result.

First thing i did this morning was relocating the 4pin from the link module to a mb header (non cpu) with the psu plugged into the hub, same result with the rpm at full tilt even if i set the curve inside the bios. I then disconnected the psu and the fans went down to a tolerable speed rolleyes.gif so i think they're hovering around 60% which should be about 800-900 rpm (still a bit too much for my taste but it'll have to do till i get an aquaero)

still got awesome temps after taking out 9 fans though biggrin.gif max cpu temp after 1 hour of guild wars was at about 50 degree c, so now I'm back debating whether or not i should break up the parallel loop thinking.gif

I'm in Poland atm and sadly i didn't have time to upload my build log pictures to dropbox so i could show you how to fully cover a 480 rad mounted the opposite way of what phanteks intended you to, but if it is interest i'll post them when i'll get back home, i know it was another owner in here wanting to mount it as i did smile.gif anyhow ill post my cable management here for some guidance, though i think i nailed it rolleyes.gif

offtopic.gif What do you guys and gals use for lightning that look great inside the EP and where do you place them? I've gone through led fans (too smokey), corsairs led strips (awful bugs) and ccfl's (too hard to hide)
evolv
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k msi z97m GTX 1080 corsair vengeance pro 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung evo  ek coolstream PE 240 ek coolstream PE 240 DDC pump 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
ek supremacy evo ek GTX 1080 full cover block  EK vardar F1 windows 10 pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC/00 GW2750 GW2750 CM masterkeys TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair ax1200 phanteks enthoo evolv mATX razer naga qpad xxl 
AudioAudio
ASUS ROG xonar phoebus Sennheiser HD600 
  hide details  
Reply
evolv
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k msi z97m GTX 1080 corsair vengeance pro 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung evo  ek coolstream PE 240 ek coolstream PE 240 DDC pump 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
ek supremacy evo ek GTX 1080 full cover block  EK vardar F1 windows 10 pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC/00 GW2750 GW2750 CM masterkeys TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
corsair ax1200 phanteks enthoo evolv mATX razer naga qpad xxl 
AudioAudio
ASUS ROG xonar phoebus Sennheiser HD600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3113 of 18678
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post

Damn.... you must be stronger than you look in ya avatar picture smile.gif I was thinking more of something like this ....including the 4 guys to carry it.

Hate braking it to you. But.. Thats not me.
I have this girl as Avatar becouse she's simply hot :3

but yes i been havin fullcases my entire life so im pretty strong now.. boxing3.gif
post #3114 of 18678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCloudyHorizon View Post

Anyone have some good recommendations for drive bay adapters for hard drives that they've put in their Primo's? My Caviar Black gets pretty loud sometimes when it's reading/writing in my R4, which I'm assuming is from how it's mostly metal on metal. I've been looking at this Akasa Cagestor, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something better.
Assume you mean Define R4. Screws through rubber grommet/mount need to be just touching the rubber. Any tighter and HDD vibration/noise transmits through mount.

Have you tried your Caviar Black in the Primo?
post #3115 of 18678
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Assume you mean Define R4. Screws through rubber grommet/mount need to be just touching the rubber. Any tighter and HDD vibration/noise transmits through mount.

Have you tried your Caviar Black in the Primo?
I tried loosening them a little a couple weeks ago while cleaning out my rig, it helped a little, but was still noticeable. I may just be sensitive to it or something, but I'm hoping it's just it being a naturally loud drive since I've done a few tests on it to check it's health.

I don't have my Primo yet since I'm waiting for the white version, but I've got my fingers crossed that it's quieter in the plastic sleds than it is on the metal ones.
post #3116 of 18678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxycon View Post

Jack, do you do anything other than ocn? tongue.gif Hahah, i love your answers though

On my lunch break....and sometimes it winds up a bit of along break and my boss busts my ass for wasting time .... I stand in front of mirror and yell at myself.
Quote:
As to the hub, previously I had 3 of the original fans connected, one akasa 120 mm basic fan and two 60 mm fans hooked up, all of them was 3-pins.. the 4 pin coming out of the hub was connected to a corsair link module and the PSU power was plugged in and i had full static control of the fans hooked up to it and they all ran at 650-700 rpm, nice and lovely.

First thing i did this morning was relocating the 4pin from the link module to a mb header (non cpu) with the psu plugged into the hub, same result with the rpm at full tilt even if i set the curve inside the bios. I then disconnected the psu and the fans went down to a tolerable speed rolleyes.gif so i think they're hovering around 60% which should be about 800-900 rpm (still a bit too much for my taste but it'll have to do till i get an aquaero)

yeah I found tghe BIOS profiles useless..... FanXpert2 worked great tho.
Quote:
still got awesome temps after taking out 9 fans though biggrin.gif max cpu temp after 1 hour of guild wars was at about 50 degree c, so now I'm back debating whether or not i should break up the parallel loop thinking.gif

Wanna laugh ? ..... been playing STALKER Chernobyl.... kil-o-watt indicates 117 watts draw. At idle now I drawing 120 smile.gif

Games don't take anything anywhere near benchies ..... I mostly recall seeing draws at the kil-o-watt of 500 watts, GPU temps in mid 30s and CPU temps at low 50s.
Quote:
offtopic.gif What do you guys and gals use for lightning that look great inside the EP and where do you place them? I've gone through led fans (too smokey), corsairs led strips (awful bugs) and ccfl's (too hard to hide)

Well when the lightning is bad I unplug the computer even tho house has protection and Im ona UPS ..... oops.... taking the "n" out.....I don't like the UV stiff and to my mind colored lighting takes away from components with strong aesthetic qualities (I.e. M6F, Mushkin Ridgebacks, acrylic tube / colored coolant) .... so I used bright white LED strip completely hidden which lets you see the component design in clear detail.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunilla95 View Post

Hate braking it to you. But.. Thats not me.
I have this girl as Avatar becouse she's simply hot :3

but yes i been havin fullcases my entire life so im pretty strong now.. boxing3.gif

I guessed as much ..... hot goilz usually have ugly man avatar so they don't get hit on smile.gif

For me it would be the trips .....

1st trip w/ Enthoo
2nd trip w/ KB / Mouse / Pad
3rd Trip w/ Mnitor
4th trip w/ cables

Speaker would be another 3 trips... joystick and throttle another

By the time I unloaded at LAN party I'd wanan go to bed..... and mu house has lotsa stairs .... after front steps to get in, it's two flights of 6-7 to my office where computer is.

My 3rd son once asked why we didn't have any more children after him .... with 5 flights 4-7-6-7-3 from the den to the master bedroom, by the time I got there was too tired for frolicking.
Edited by JackNaylorPE - 2/25/14 at 11:56am
911 Carrera
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel w/ EK Supremacy Cooling Block - Clean P... Asus Maximus VI Formula 2 x Asus GTX 780 DCII w/ EK Full Cover Blocks a... Mushkin Red Line Ridgeback 2 x 8GB DDR302400 10... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB (2 x Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cach... Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blue Ray Writer 1 x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45-420 + 1 x Alphacool ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
1 x Swiftech 35x2 w/ Heatsink and NB Fan EK -MultiOption RES X3 250 White Acetal Reservoir 5 x PH-F140SP_BK_BLED + 5 x PH-F140SP_BK E22 Rigid 10/12 Acrylic Tubing and Bitspower Ma... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2 x Reeven Six Eyes Fan Controller Windows 7 64 Bit Professional OEM ASUS VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz Monitor Logitech G19s 920-004985 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X-1250 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Asus RoG GX950 Laser Mouse  Logitech Z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
911 Carrera
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel w/ EK Supremacy Cooling Block - Clean P... Asus Maximus VI Formula 2 x Asus GTX 780 DCII w/ EK Full Cover Blocks a... Mushkin Red Line Ridgeback 2 x 8GB DDR302400 10... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB (2 x Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cach... Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blue Ray Writer 1 x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45-420 + 1 x Alphacool ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
1 x Swiftech 35x2 w/ Heatsink and NB Fan EK -MultiOption RES X3 250 White Acetal Reservoir 5 x PH-F140SP_BK_BLED + 5 x PH-F140SP_BK E22 Rigid 10/12 Acrylic Tubing and Bitspower Ma... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2 x Reeven Six Eyes Fan Controller Windows 7 64 Bit Professional OEM ASUS VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz Monitor Logitech G19s 920-004985 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X-1250 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Asus RoG GX950 Laser Mouse  Logitech Z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3117 of 18678
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post

[...] My 3rd son once asked why we didn't have any more children after him .... with 5 flights 4-7-6-7-3 from the den to the master bedroom, by the time I got there was too tired for frolicking.

Sounds like it's past time for one of these Jack ...



That may help explain this ...
Quote:
Sexed-up seniors do it more than you'd think
Unprecedented US survey finds older people lead steamy private lives
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/20395061/ns/health-sexual_health/t/sexed-up-seniors-do-it-more-youd-think/#.Uwz67rSc7nm

tongue.gif
post #3118 of 18678
Yeah.... but the other problem is ..... by the time that guy gets there, he forgot why he was going there smile.gif
911 Carrera
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel w/ EK Supremacy Cooling Block - Clean P... Asus Maximus VI Formula 2 x Asus GTX 780 DCII w/ EK Full Cover Blocks a... Mushkin Red Line Ridgeback 2 x 8GB DDR302400 10... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB (2 x Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cach... Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blue Ray Writer 1 x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45-420 + 1 x Alphacool ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
1 x Swiftech 35x2 w/ Heatsink and NB Fan EK -MultiOption RES X3 250 White Acetal Reservoir 5 x PH-F140SP_BK_BLED + 5 x PH-F140SP_BK E22 Rigid 10/12 Acrylic Tubing and Bitspower Ma... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2 x Reeven Six Eyes Fan Controller Windows 7 64 Bit Professional OEM ASUS VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz Monitor Logitech G19s 920-004985 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X-1250 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Asus RoG GX950 Laser Mouse  Logitech Z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
911 Carrera
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel w/ EK Supremacy Cooling Block - Clean P... Asus Maximus VI Formula 2 x Asus GTX 780 DCII w/ EK Full Cover Blocks a... Mushkin Red Line Ridgeback 2 x 8GB DDR302400 10... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB (2 x Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cach... Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blue Ray Writer 1 x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45-420 + 1 x Alphacool ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
1 x Swiftech 35x2 w/ Heatsink and NB Fan EK -MultiOption RES X3 250 White Acetal Reservoir 5 x PH-F140SP_BK_BLED + 5 x PH-F140SP_BK E22 Rigid 10/12 Acrylic Tubing and Bitspower Ma... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2 x Reeven Six Eyes Fan Controller Windows 7 64 Bit Professional OEM ASUS VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz Monitor Logitech G19s 920-004985 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X-1250 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Asus RoG GX950 Laser Mouse  Logitech Z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3119 of 18678
I'm thinking of the following setup below:



Radiator: XSPC AX480 (Top), AX280 (bottom)
Fans: 4x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 (Top), Phanteks PH-F140SP (2x Bottom)
Pump: Swiftech D5 PWM
Res/Top: Monsoon 5.25" Bay Res
Fittings: 1/2" Barbs, 5x Koolance QD3 pairs, Swiftech SLI connectors
Tubing: 7/16 Tygon or other (any suggestions for good UV blue tubing without plasticize issues?)

If I ran two loops on the Monsoon, would the temperatures even out since it's a shared reservoir? This might be a cleaner setup since I could pipe the cards separate to the gpu and still get the cooling benefits of the 480 for the gpus.

Any suggestions/thoughts?
Edited by renkenkyo - 2/26/14 at 1:16am
post #3120 of 18678
Quote:
Originally Posted by renkenkyo View Post

I'm thinking of the following setup below:



Radiator: XSPC AX480 (Top), AX280 (bottom)
Fans: 4x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 (Top), Phanteks PH-F140SP (2x Bottom)
Pump: Swiftech D5 PWM
Res/Top: Monsoon 5.25" Bay Res
Fittings: 1/2" Barbs, 5x Koolance QD3 pairs, Swiftech SLI connectors
Tubing: 7/16 Tygon or other (any suggestions for good UV blue tubing without plasticize issues?)

If I ran two loops on the Monsoon, would the temperatures even out since it's a shared reservoir? This might be a cleaner setup since I could pipe the cards separate to the gpu and still get the cooling benefits of the 480 for the gpus.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

Just a thought but you could go with a 420 rad and save a little space as well as have less fans to buy. A 420 actually has a bit more capacity than a 480. Then you could use the Phanteks fans on it if you wanted, which might do a bit better than the GT's, though those are still pretty good fans.

Any reason you're going with a bay res instead of a tube res on the stock bracket? Even with as quiet as a D5 is, I find that it's probably the most audible thing in my system, and it's a standalone pump mounted in the bottom of the case on the included mount with rubber isolation. A bay res is usually going to be noticeably noisier.

Also the GPU blocks are usually going to have the connections much more centered, not toward the back of the case like that, so the connections are going to be centered above the bottom radiator and therefore it doesn't make so much sense to mount the radiator with the ports toward the back of the case like that. Just though I'd mention that since if you mount it with the ports toward the front, you can avoid that super long tubing run coming from the res and it will be hidden mostly by the "wall".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners