Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 340

post #3391 of 18663
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifftech View Post

Anyone know if Phantek will replace the front filter latches? Mine won't click and hold the panel in place and is VERY annoying.

Thanks,
Griff

Yes they do replace the plastic clips if they are borken.
i got mine replaced and the big window )had a giant scratch at delivery)

they even sent 2 clips extra. So got a total of 4 clips! Just send them a mail and woala.
Many here had that issue, especially at lanch! So thats more like a standard issue.
post #3392 of 18663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunilla95 View Post

Yes they do replace the plastic clips if they are borken.
i got mine replaced and the big window )had a giant scratch at delivery)

they even sent 2 clips extra. So got a total of 4 clips! Just send them a mail and woala.
Many here had that issue, especially at lanch! So thats more like a standard issue.

Hmmm, they didn't send me any extra latches, which is why I went out and spent more than $20 to buy extras myself.

. In fact. they made me go through a bunch of replies back and forth for more than a week before they even decided to go ahead and send me replacements. Almost every time I inquired about it or answered a question they had they failed to get back to me until I replied a second time a day or more later asking what's up.

It seems every one else has had a different experience with them than me but to tell the truth they really pissed me off and I have been VERY disappointed in Phanteks support over the whole experience. I hope I never have to deal with them again and seriously doubt that I'll ever buy another Phanteks product because of it.

Matter of fact, here's the email chain after I first contacted support on Nov 24 and it took many back and forths until they finally shipped out on Dec 3 and I didn't receive it until more than a week after that. The whole time, several weeks in all, I couldn't even put the front grill on my new case.

Quote:
Phanteks RMA Support rma@phanteksusa.com

11/25/13

to me
Hello William,

Thank you for contacting us!

Please try to click with just the clips without the front panel. You can use a screwdriver to push the clips in. If they lock then the clips are ok. if they don't click then the clips are broken. Sometimes it is easier to have the top door open while you are trying to lock the front panel on. This allows you to see how far you need to push both sides in till it locks. Please let me know how that works out for you. if the clips are broken we can send you the replacement clips. Sorry for the inconveniences.

thanks,
Phanteks
Quote:
On 11/24/2013 5:59 PM, xxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

Form details below.

Comments: I am the owner of an Enthoo Primo case bought through the Phanteks site, order #131011, and received exactly one month ago today.

Myu issue: The front filter cover will not click into place and stay there. There are two tabs on the filter cover which fit into push-click latches which are not functioning properly.

Please help. Thanks.
Bill


Quote:
11/25/13

to Phanteks
There is no click whatsoever and the clips just spring right back out even when pushed all the way in to where they stop and cannot be pushed in any further.

I hope this is something that can be pretty easily remedied. I really luv this case but haven't even begun to use it yet. It's still sitting here empty waiting on me to finish getting the parts I need to go in it. It was only my first time removing the front filter panel when I noticed it wouldn't click back into place.
xxxxx@gmail.com
Quote:
11/26/13

to Phanteks
Any word about this?

After all this time all I'm now lacking to finish my build is the 64GB memory kit which should be here today or tomorrow, and now the front dust filter panel won't stay on the case. :/

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Quote:
Phanteks RMA Support rma@phanteksusa.com

11/26/13

to me
Hello Bill,

Sorry to hear about the case. Let me have them send you out new clips. Can you tell me if both clips are not working or just one. Thanks

Please provide your address as well. Thanks

Sincerely,
Phanteks USA
Quote:
Bill W xxxxx@gmail.com

11/26/13

to Phanteks
It seems that neither clip is working. :/

My details are:

My case was ordered from Phanteks:
Order #131xxx
S/N: xxxx

xxxxxx
Telephone: xxxx
Email: xxxx@gmail.com

Thank you
Quote:
xxxx@gmail.com

12/2/13

to Phanteks
Any more word about this?

Sorry to keep bothering you, but I'm looking at an otherwise beautiful case with all my new parts in it, and the front panel can't be put back on. Not sure what else to do.

Bill W
Quote:
Phanteks RMA Support rma@phanteksusa.com

12/2/13

to me
Hello Bill,

No problem. We are sorry it was taking so long. We just receive some parts for it in. Sorry for the delay. I will have the tracking number to you tomorrow. Sorry again.

thanks,
Phanteks
Quote:
Phanteks RMA Support rma@phanteksusa.com

12/3/13

to me
Hello William,

Your clips have been shipped. Please allow a few days for the item to arrive. Thanks

Sincerely,
Phanteks
Quote:
xxxx@gmail.com

12/3/13

to Phanteks
Thank you.

Are the clips easy to replace? I suppose I'll be able to figure it out.
Quote:
Phanteks RMA Support rma@phanteksusa.com

12/3/13

to me
Hello Bill,

yes they are. If you remove the front panel you will be able to see the clips. you can us a flat head screwdriver to push in the two side that are sticking out. this will allow the clips to be push up and out of the slot.

Thanks,
Support

The latches are junk imho - not strong enough for their intended use. They really ought to think about replacing them with a stronger version or else at least supply everyone a handful of extras in the accessories box that comes with the case.
Edited by Unicr0nhunter - 3/23/14 at 10:52am
post #3393 of 18663
At the risk of sounding like a jerk..... Is/was that a holiday time for them?
Hells Fear
(21 items)
 
Hells Fear Portal
(15 items)
 
Hells Gate
(27 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-6100 Asus M5A99X-EVO HiS IceQ.X 6790 HiS IceQ.X 6790 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB Desktop Module Kit - D... Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB Desktop Module Kit - D... OCZ Vertex 3  WD Blue  
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 22X DVDRW Sata  Samsung Blu-Ray Combo 12X SH-B123L/BSBP Corsair H80 Windows Home prem 7-64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HannSpree SL231 23" HannSpree SL231 23" Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Corsair HX 1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Tt Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Logitech G500 S&S Steel On board to Logitech's X530 
Other
Corsair Ram Cooler 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX 9590,  ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA ... SAPPHIRE 100363VXSR Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-Bit ... SAPPHIRE 100363VXSR Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-Bit ... 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB Vertex 4 256g  Vertex 4 512g  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vector Series VTR1-252AT3-512G  Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB blue  Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB blue  SAMSUNG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm AX240 Extreme Universal CPU Water... looking at heat killers for gpu's #16026 need X2 XSPC EX360 Triple 120mm Low Profile Split Fin R...  EK-D5-VARIO-XTOP-PL-W/PUMP (2nd pump) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
2 Liters of FESER1-PURE-BL  Win 7 Pro 64 ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED ... ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED ... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED ... Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000  CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200   Phanteks Enthoo Series Primo  
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G500 onboard Mount It, triple Monitor stand, have 
  hide details  
Reply
Hells Fear
(21 items)
 
Hells Fear Portal
(15 items)
 
Hells Gate
(27 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-6100 Asus M5A99X-EVO HiS IceQ.X 6790 HiS IceQ.X 6790 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB Desktop Module Kit - D... Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB Desktop Module Kit - D... OCZ Vertex 3  WD Blue  
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 22X DVDRW Sata  Samsung Blu-Ray Combo 12X SH-B123L/BSBP Corsair H80 Windows Home prem 7-64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HannSpree SL231 23" HannSpree SL231 23" Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Corsair HX 1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Tt Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Logitech G500 S&S Steel On board to Logitech's X530 
Other
Corsair Ram Cooler 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX 9590,  ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA ... SAPPHIRE 100363VXSR Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-Bit ... SAPPHIRE 100363VXSR Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-Bit ... 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB Vertex 4 256g  Vertex 4 512g  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vector Series VTR1-252AT3-512G  Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB blue  Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB blue  SAMSUNG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm AX240 Extreme Universal CPU Water... looking at heat killers for gpu's #16026 need X2 XSPC EX360 Triple 120mm Low Profile Split Fin R...  EK-D5-VARIO-XTOP-PL-W/PUMP (2nd pump) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
2 Liters of FESER1-PURE-BL  Win 7 Pro 64 ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED ... ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED ... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED ... Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000  CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200   Phanteks Enthoo Series Primo  
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G500 onboard Mount It, triple Monitor stand, have 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3394 of 18663
I feel your pain mate, my first CS experience was great the catches came out within 10 days, but the 2nd time was worse and this being the 3rd time is bloody awful.

I'm waiting for yet again more catches a new fan hub, and a replacement front led strip, but after 4 weeks of waiting I sent them an email only to get this reply. " My colleagues are still checking for the correct needed parts to send out. You will be mailed as soon it has been shipped. Kindly ask your patience and understanding. " But what is to check ? we have back and forthed over 7 or 8 messages regarding these parts, and they have confirmed they are going to send them, so what needs to be checked.

I hope to god they sort it out soon as I'm sick of not being able to use what is a great case in design to it's full potential. The only let down is it's poor build quality on certain parts, and customer service that has gone rapidly down the hill since the cases first release.

It looks to me as if they are concentrating more on bringing new products to market, and not supporting the products they already have on sale. My first encounter with their CS was before any other new case was announced and was as smooth as silk. If that's the case ( pun intended ) thay are going to loose a lot of potential new customers, I was considering buying either the white EP or the Lux, but if their CS carries on the way it is going. Don't they realise that most enthusiasts considering CS very highly in purchases ?
post #3395 of 18663
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsim44 View Post

At the risk of sounding like a jerk..... Is/was that a holiday time for them?

They sure had no problem exchanging emails during that time if they were 'on holiday'. It wasn't a holiday for me. If it was for them then they sure could/should have mentioned it.

They also said they were going to send me the latches twice and didn't follow through until after I replied back, giving me the impression I had fallen through the cracks each time.
post #3396 of 18663
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicr0nhunter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunilla95 View Post

Yes they do replace the plastic clips if they are borken.
i got mine replaced and the big window )had a giant scratch at delivery)

they even sent 2 clips extra. So got a total of 4 clips! Just send them a mail and woala.
Many here had that issue, especially at lanch! So thats more like a standard issue.

Hmmm, they didn't send me any extra latches, which is why I went out and spent more than $20 to buy extras myself.

. In fact. they made me go through a bunch of replies back and forth for more than a week before they even decided to go ahead and send me replacements. Almost every time I inquired about it or answered a question they had they failed to get back to me until I replied a second time a day or more later asking what's up.

It seems every one else has had a different experience with them than me but to tell the truth they really pissed me off and I have been VERY disappointed in Phanteks support over the whole experience. I hope I never have to deal with them again and seriously doubt that I'll ever buy another Phanteks product because of it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Matter of fact, here's the email chain after I first contacted support on Nov 24 and it took many back and forths until they finally shipped out on Dec 3 and I didn't receive it until more than a week after that. The whole time, several weeks in all, I couldn't even put the front grill on my new case.

Quote:
Phanteks RMA Support rma@phanteksusa.com

11/25/13

to me
Hello William,

Thank you for contacting us!

Please try to click with just the clips without the front panel. You can use a screwdriver to push the clips in. If they lock then the clips are ok. if they don't click then the clips are broken. Sometimes it is easier to have the top door open while you are trying to lock the front panel on. This allows you to see how far you need to push both sides in till it locks. Please let me know how that works out for you. if the clips are broken we can send you the replacement clips. Sorry for the inconveniences.

thanks,
Phanteks
Quote:
On 11/24/2013 5:59 PM, xxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

Form details below.

Comments: I am the owner of an Enthoo Primo case bought through the Phanteks site, order #131011, and received exactly one month ago today.

Myu issue: The front filter cover will not click into place and stay there. There are two tabs on the filter cover which fit into push-click latches which are not functioning properly.

Please help. Thanks.
Bill


Quote:
11/25/13

to Phanteks
There is no click whatsoever and the clips just spring right back out even when pushed all the way in to where they stop and cannot be pushed in any further.

I hope this is something that can be pretty easily remedied. I really luv this case but haven't even begun to use it yet. It's still sitting here empty waiting on me to finish getting the parts I need to go in it. It was only my first time removing the front filter panel when I noticed it wouldn't click back into place.
xxxxx@gmail.com
Quote:
11/26/13

to Phanteks
Any word about this?

After all this time all I'm now lacking to finish my build is the 64GB memory kit which should be here today or tomorrow, and now the front dust filter panel won't stay on the case. :/

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Quote:
Phanteks RMA Support rma@phanteksusa.com

11/26/13

to me
Hello Bill,

Sorry to hear about the case. Let me have them send you out new clips. Can you tell me if both clips are not working or just one. Thanks

Please provide your address as well. Thanks

Sincerely,
Phanteks USA
Quote:
Bill W xxxxx@gmail.com

11/26/13

to Phanteks
It seems that neither clip is working. :/

My details are:

My case was ordered from Phanteks:
Order #131xxx
S/N: xxxx

xxxxxx
Telephone: xxxx
Email: xxxx@gmail.com

Thank you
Quote:
xxxx@gmail.com

12/2/13

to Phanteks
Any more word about this?

Sorry to keep bothering you, but I'm looking at an otherwise beautiful case with all my new parts in it, and the front panel can't be put back on. Not sure what else to do.

Bill W
Quote:
Phanteks RMA Support rma@phanteksusa.com

12/2/13

to me
Hello Bill,

No problem. We are sorry it was taking so long. We just receive some parts for it in. Sorry for the delay. I will have the tracking number to you tomorrow. Sorry again.

thanks,
Phanteks
Quote:
Phanteks RMA Support rma@phanteksusa.com

12/3/13

to me
Hello William,

Your clips have been shipped. Please allow a few days for the item to arrive. Thanks

Sincerely,
Phanteks
Quote:
xxxx@gmail.com

12/3/13

to Phanteks
Thank you.

Are the clips easy to replace? I suppose I'll be able to figure it out.
Quote:
Phanteks RMA Support rma@phanteksusa.com

12/3/13

to me
Hello Bill,

yes they are. If you remove the front panel you will be able to see the clips. you can us a flat head screwdriver to push in the two side that are sticking out. this will allow the clips to be push up and out of the slot.

Thanks,
Support

The latches are junk imho - not strong enough for their intended use. They really ought to think about replacing them with a stronger version or else at least supply everyone a handful of extras in the accessories box that comes with the case
.
So it took 10 days to get sorted. The end result is they sent you replacements based on your word the latches were not working. That's better than all but a very few companies do.

Remind me to never sell you anything. biggrin.gif
post #3397 of 18663
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

So it took 10 days to get sorted. The end result is they sent you replacements based on your word the latches were not working. That's better than all but a very few companies do.

Remind me to never sell you anything. biggrin.gif

10 days of back and forths where they kept asking for info I gave them in my first report. Made me feel like they didn't believe me or weren't going to take my word for it, and thern more than a day would pass with no reply from them. Once they left me hanging from a Tues until the next Monday with no reply until I had to email them again wondering what's happening.

All this was well after quite a few others here had had to go through them for the same failing latches so they had to know they have an issue with them already.

Honestly, that's the crummiest customer service I've ever had with any company ever.
post #3398 of 18663
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung View Post

I feel your pain mate, my first CS experience was great the catches came out within 10 days, but the 2nd time was worse and this being the 3rd time is bloody awful.

I'm waiting for yet again more catches a new fan hub, and a replacement front led strip, but after 4 weeks of waiting I sent them an email only to get this reply. " My colleagues are still checking for the correct needed parts to send out. You will be mailed as soon it has been shipped. Kindly ask your patience and understanding. " But what is to check ? we have back and forthed over 7 or 8 messages regarding these parts, and they have confirmed they are going to send them, so what needs to be checked.

I hope to god they sort it out soon as I'm sick of not being able to use what is a great case in design to it's full potential. The only let down is it's poor build quality on certain parts, and customer service that has gone rapidly down the hill since the cases first release.

It looks to me as if they are concentrating more on bringing new products to market, and not supporting the products they already have on sale. My first encounter with their CS was before any other new case was announced and was as smooth as silk. If that's the case ( pun intended ) thay are going to loose a lot of potential new customers, I was considering buying either the white EP or the Lux, but if their CS carries on the way it is going. Don't they realise that most enthusiasts considering CS very highly in purchases ?
My guess is they do not have LED replacement strips in stock.

These push to latch / push to unlatch clips are easily broken if the cover is pulled open. When they are pushed in enough the unlatch and cover opens wih no effert. I suspect many have been broken becasue of the amount of pressure needed to unlatch them. thumb.gif

Not to sound harsh but someone asking me for replacement parts 3 times would have me wondering if they were taking advantage of me. wink.gif
post #3399 of 18663
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicr0nhunter View Post

10 days of back and forths where they kept asking for info I gave them in my first report. Made me feel like they didn't believe me or weren't going to take my word for it, and thern more than a day would pass with no reply from them. Once they left me hanging from a Tues until the next Monday with no reply until I had to email them again wondering what's happening.

All this was well after quite a few others here had had to go through them for the same failing latches so they had to know they have an issue with them already.

Honestly, that's the crummiest customer service I've ever had with any company ever.
Tuesday the 26th to Monday the 2nd was over the Thanksgiving 4 day weekend. rolleyes.gif Wenesday is only other work day for most business.. and even than many close early.
post #3400 of 18663
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Tuesday the 26th to Monday the 2nd was over the Thanksgiving 4 day weekend. rolleyes.gif Wenesday is only other work day for most business.. and even than many close early.

Then they should have said so to me instead of leaving me hanging. He sends me an email on a Tuesday morning asking me a question to something I'd already made clear more than once, to which I reply less than 10 minutes after receiving it, and then I hear nothing back from him for 6 days straight until I make contact again asking about it. That's terrible customer service.

And I've never gotten Thanksgiving day off, much less multiple days for it. Don't personally know anyone who has. Everyone and I mean everyone I know who does get the day off has to go back on Friday after. Even public school is in on that Friday around here. Banks are open, etc. Customer service should be open for ANY business during that period or they should at least have a notice to customers about it. not leaving open cases hanging without knowing what's going on.
Edited by Unicr0nhunter - 3/23/14 at 11:31am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners