Hey guys, I'm still in the theory crafting stage of my build, and thank god I read this thread. Soooo much good information here, you guys are amazing. It's taken me a solid week to get through the entire thread (and a significant amount of "work" time, oops!) but I'm super glad I did. I've changed from a 480 to a 420 rad at the top, and got heaps of ideas. I do have a few questions for you guys though.
1. I'm definitely sold on the 420 rad at the top. Someone mentioned for the fill ports, that you need to pull the rad back a little to expose them. Does this effect the mounting of the rad? Does exposing the fill ports still allow the rad and fans to line up correctly with the mounts?
2. What fittings do I need to create that fill point off the top rad port mentioned in question 1? I see a 30mm fitting (I'll be using bitspower matte black but that's irrelevant). It seems they only come in female to female? Does that mean I need a tiny male to male piece to go between the port and extender? And do I then just put a stopper in the extender until I'm ready to fill?
3. I think you guys have convinced me to go for a 280 rad down the bottom, that way I can use one of the ports as a drain port (and for this I assume I just need a 90 deg fitting and QDC) and mount my pump where the bottom HDD cage was. And there entails my question, pump size. I'm going to be running a 4770K, 2x 780 Ti, 420 XT45 rad up top, 280 UT60 rad down bottom, and a 280 ST30 rad at the front/side. Everything overclocked as far as humanly possible. Will a MCP35x do the job here? Or should I upgrade to a MCP35x2? I'm leaning towards going for the x2 in order to get the system running quieter, but want to know if the single will handle the load as well.
4. Fans. Everyone says the Phanteks fans that come with the case are amazing. I need to order a few more fans for the rads, and they will be highly visible (top and bottom rad mounted, back of case exhaust). My issue is, I'm going for a red / black build, will the white fan blades all over the place be too controversial to the theme? What are some other really good 140mm fans in either black or red that might do the job?
5. Temp sensors. I have no idea on dimensions of these (have never water cooled before), can I simply bang one into a spare port on a rad? Or do I need to add a T block somewhere and do it that way?
6. Will this EK supremacy fit for the socket 1150 i7 4770k? On the spec sheet it doesn't list socket 1150. Link below:
7. Fan Controllers. I was originally looking at the FC5 v3, but the knobs won't fit and I don't want to push it back into the case (did I mention I love you guys for this thread? xD). I'm now looking at the lamptron CW611 and the Aquaero 6 XT. Can anyone shed some light on these as I'm struggling to find any reviews that give adequate info on these. I imagine the CW611 is very similar to the FC5 v3, just with 36W per channel. I would really like some info the Aquaero though, it looks super techy (which I love). And comes with a remote and software! The software really intrigues me, is it able to set the controller based off cpu temps?
Sorry for all the questions guys!!