Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners - Page 377

post #3761 of 18653
Special ed's ?
post #3762 of 18653
Has anyone out there found LED strips or a-like to replace the blue strips on the front and in the top outter parts of the case?

I have some 500mm white ones, but they are too big to have the plastic to spread the light, and also the LEDS have too much spacing to look good.
post #3763 of 18653
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsb52 View Post

Hey, guys does anyone know when the special ed's are coming out, im stuck between the primo and NZXT 820 or 630, but waiting on computex 2014 to see if either company come out with more cases for this year, and is the primo the last case that most will ever need due to its size, expandability and modding potential???

I got a hold of a rep last week via their chat and they said they do not have a solid time but were hoping for next month. To me, that translates to "We have no idea when China will ship our product but would like to tell you it will be soon so you do not look elsewhere for a case solution".
post #3764 of 18653
Thread Starter 
Just noticed this comparison review of PH-F140XP, SP & SP_LED and NF-A15 PWM fans tested on NH-U14S. No cooler intake air temp so no way to know the real temp difference, but still impressive. wink.gif

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/phenteks_f140/3.htm
Quote:
I don't know what I was expecting exactly. I had never run such a large cooler in my system but I really believed that my water cooler was a little bit better. Phanteks threw that notion out the window. The fans performed way beyond what I thought possible with such a simple air cooler. Not to take anything away from the cooler itself, but the Phanteks fans did essentially outperform the stock fan in every aspect (though only if the rpm, power, and noise are brought into account). Phanteks started off with a pretty great reputation, and they seem to be very determined to keep it. They have successfully taken to redesigning their own fans and tweaking them into better performance. As I have previously stated, the products Phanteks puts out are always top of the line and at this rate they always will be.

Though the XP did not completely dethrone the faster Noctua, it was very nearly its equal and at lower settings across the board. I genuinely believe that, if the PWM was adjusted, it could match toe-to-toe with the faster fan. This is due to the performance of the SP and the SP_LED. They were undeniably the best cooling fans among there peers and competition. They were quieter and slower but still produced temperatures that were better than both of the PWM base fans. Which makes sense given that the PWM fans are basically responding to temperatures where the SP's are preemptively running at max at all times. Now with that reality brought to light, lets talk about the fact that the NF-A15's low noise running speed and sound production is the same as the Phanteks PH-F140XP's max speed and noise production. Now I am sure that this doesnt sound like a good thing but it is. Because it more accurately depicts the comparison of their designs. The fact that the tests resulted in better temperature for the Phanteks when both fans were running at the same speed shows that its Maelstrom Vortex Booster design not only sounds awesome, it is awesome.

At first glance I was skeptical about some of the quirks these fans have (like the 4-3pin converter and the mostly irremovable LED cable) but then I saw their price. $17.99 seems high, but is in fact amazingly low for the performance and size, comparing to and trumping fans that can be around 50% more expensive (I really did find a good number for $27). Given the price point for these fans they are absolutely amazing. Add in the 5-year warranty and you can't go wrong. Phanteks is going to continue to succeed if they keep their products great and their prices competitive. Air cooling is not a dead art and is still gaining ground, and if Phanteks has its way, will continue to do so for years to come..
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/phenteks_f140/4.htm
Edited by doyll - 5/19/14 at 5:25am
post #3765 of 18653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDUBBY View Post

Special ed's ?

Special Edition Primo Cases = The primo with black on the outside with white, orange, or red interiors. The black is also not brushed. It is a sand blasted-like texture.
post #3766 of 18653
I have 9x 140mm Phantek fans in my case.

They all performe great.

Between those and my Gentle Typhoon AP-15's the noise level is almost non. For some strange reason, 3 of the fans, dont report any RPM on my Aquaero LT5, but the rest do.

I bought these fans, after I tested the ones that came with the case. Great fans!, best 140mm i have owned, and a great price to follow.
post #3767 of 18653
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeford View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsb52 View Post

Hey, guys does anyone know when the special ed's are coming out, im stuck between the primo and NZXT 820 or 630, but waiting on computex 2014 to see if either company come out with more cases for this year, and is the primo the last case that most will ever need due to its size, expandability and modding potential???

I got a hold of a rep last week via their chat and they said they do not have a solid time but were hoping for next month. To me, that translates to "We have no idea when China will ship our product but would like to tell you it will be soon so you do not look elsewhere for a case solution".
Your translation is rather harsh. Phanteks told you there is no 'solid date' and 'hoping'... that's telling you they don't know. Many companies would string you along by saying "Next month."
post #3768 of 18653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeford View Post

I got a hold of a rep last week via their chat and they said they do not have a solid time but were hoping for next month. To me, that translates to "We have no idea when China will ship our product but would like to tell you it will be soon so you do not look elsewhere for a case solution".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeford View Post

Special Edition Primo Cases = The primo with black on the outside with white, orange, or red interiors. The black is also not brushed. It is a sand blasted-like texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Your translation is rather harsh. Phanteks told you there is no 'solid date' and 'hoping'... that's telling you they don't know. Many companies would string you along by saying "Next month."

Cool and thanks guys for the info, liked the black and red primo, even tho the black and red colour scheme in any case is common now days, im guessing this case is more future proof thans others?
CM Storm Trooper
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8120 Asus Sabertooth 990fx EVGA GTX-550ti 2gb G-Skill Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Segate Barracuda 3.5" Segate Barracuda 2.5" Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD etc Xigmatek Aegir CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 HP 37" Plasma Corsair HX-850 CM Storm Trooper 
  hide details  
Reply
CM Storm Trooper
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8120 Asus Sabertooth 990fx EVGA GTX-550ti 2gb G-Skill Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Segate Barracuda 3.5" Segate Barracuda 2.5" Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD etc Xigmatek Aegir CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 HP 37" Plasma Corsair HX-850 CM Storm Trooper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3769 of 18653
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsb52 View Post

Cool and thanks guys for the info, liked the black and red primo, even tho the black and red colour scheme in any case is common now days, im guessing this case is more future proof thans others?
Enthoo Primo is as versatile as there is.. especially for the price. Read / watch the reviews..
These are a couple of the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIpoC65bpX4
http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/reviews/cases/phanteks-enthoo-primo-full-tower-review-r67
post #3770 of 18653
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Enthoo Primo is as versatile as there is.. especially for the price. Read / watch the reviews..
These are a couple of the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIpoC65bpX4
http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/reviews/cases/phanteks-enthoo-primo-full-tower-review-r67
Ahhhh so thats the modzoo sight, tried searching for modzoo in google when I saw bill owens vid, one more thing can the door be removed or switched around?
CM Storm Trooper
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8120 Asus Sabertooth 990fx EVGA GTX-550ti 2gb G-Skill Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Segate Barracuda 3.5" Segate Barracuda 2.5" Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD etc Xigmatek Aegir CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 HP 37" Plasma Corsair HX-850 CM Storm Trooper 
  hide details  
Reply
CM Storm Trooper
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8120 Asus Sabertooth 990fx EVGA GTX-550ti 2gb G-Skill Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Segate Barracuda 3.5" Segate Barracuda 2.5" Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD etc Xigmatek Aegir CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 HP 37" Plasma Corsair HX-850 CM Storm Trooper 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners