Originally Posted by SilverStone
As mentioned at the end of my previous post, if your case configuration can somehow benefit from airflow blowing toward the side panel, then having air focusing grille may not be worth it. However, our Air Penetrator fan grille design only cuts down about 20% so they work really well in most cases. As you can see quite clearly from the screen grabs I showed, there is probably only 10% airflow reaching the front of the fan with filter mounted
, you are much better off with a air focusing grille cutting down 20% airflow leaving you with roughly 80% going where they are intended to go.
Air Penetrator fan grill is built into fan so can't be used on existing fans.
"only 10% airflow reaching the front of the fan".. I thought the fan was pulling air from box and the smoke is the fan exhaust.
I can see the advantage of focused airflow from fans but I have to wonder how much difference it makes when HDD cage is directly behind fans and air is being channeled by case sides, bottom and 5.25 cage toward GPU... or mounted in 3x 5.25 bays with the bays channeling the air toward CPU. Even a low mounted fan in side cover supplying cool air in front of GPU fans doesn't really need much focus. The CFM of cool air is in front of the GPU fans either way. Granted focused the airflow is against motherboard the spreading toward front and back of case... But is that really delivering cooler air to 2x or 3x GPU fans than unfocused air?
The limited testing I've done by placing temperature probes in front of CPU and GPU intake fans to monitor air temp going into them has allowed me to supply air 0-3c warmer than the room to coolers using normal fans with good CFM/H2O specs pulling air though grilles and filters.
Would be interesting to test Air Penetrator fans and compare the results. I haven't used any Silverstone fans. Have an old Silver Arrow I've thought of trying a couple of FHP141 fans on. I suspect they would out perform TY-143 fans.