Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [EA] Battlefield 4 News Bombardment
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[EA] Battlefield 4 News Bombardment - Page 18

post #171 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

doh.gif

Call of Duty has a yearly release cycle and will have released similar games for 7 years straight once Ghosts is out. That's 7 games in 7 years with only minor changes to gameplay.. How is that anything like what DICE is doing?

2 different companies are making COD so your argument of a yearly cycle is invalid. 2 companies = 2 year development per company so they can have a yearly cycle. See what I'm talking about with the blind hate?
post #172 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

2 different companies are making COD so your argument of a yearly cycle is invalid. 2 companies = 2 year development per company so they can have a yearly cycle. See what I'm talking about with the blind hate?

No, it's not invalid because it's still pretty much the same game with a different skin and minor changes every year. It doesn't matter if it's split between two different developers. That's still 7 similar games put out in 7 years. DICE is only putting out two similar games in the time that four Call of Duty games have been released.

This has nothing to do with blind hatred. I have over a thousand hours combined in the Call of Duty series so I definitely don't hate the games. You're just completely wrong with what you're trying to say.
post #173 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

No, it's not invalid because it's still pretty much the same game with a different skin and minor changes every year. It doesn't matter if it's split between two different developers. That's still 7 similar games put out in 7 years. DICE is only putting out two similar games in the time that four Call of Duty games have been released.

This has nothing to do with blind hatred. I have over a thousand hours combined in the Call of Duty series so I definitely don't hate the games. You're just completely wrong with what you're trying to say.

Again with the blind hate rolleyes.gif 1 company with a completely different development team makes a game every 2 years same as DICE. But guess what? DICE gets the pass because fan boys can't seem to accept the fact that they're no different.
post #174 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

Again with the blind hate rolleyes.gif 1 company with a completely different development team makes a game every 2 years same as DICE. But guess what? DICE gets the pass because fan boys can't seem to accept the fact that they're no different.

Except no matter what the team, the game is still similar to the last. But okay, let's drop the fact that CoD is on a yearly release cycle. Even if you go the different companies, Infinity Ward will have released four similar games in succession as of Ghosts and and Treyarch has released three. DICE, as of BF4, will have only released two similar games in succession. Prior to that, they had the Bad Company games which played much differently than BF3/4 and after this, while it's unknown, it's likely they're going to be releasing something different than BF3/4.

Just stop with the "blind hatred" bullcrap. That's just getting silly and it honestly just makes it look like you're trolling (which you might be for all I know).
post #175 of 340

This video as well as Jack's seems there are only four members in his squad maybe it's just not full though.

This guy states the exclusive beta will include paracel storm. And the open only siege of Shanghai. I haven't heard that.
Edited by Blackops_2 - 8/22/13 at 12:36pm
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
post #176 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post

*vid snipped*

This video as well as Jack's seems there are only four members in his squad maybe it's just not full though.

*vid snipped*

This guy states the exclusive beta will include paracel storm. And the open only siege of Shanghai. I haven't heard that.

I'm guessing the squads either aren't full or for some reason they're limited for the event. In alpha footage, you can see 5 man squads.
post #177 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

I'm guessing the squads either aren't full or for some reason they're limited for the event. In alpha footage, you can see 5 man squads.

I just want to be assured it's staying you know? I would be pretty upset if we went back to four man squads.
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
post #178 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post

I just want to be assured it's staying you know? I would be pretty upset if we went back to four man squads.

I'm pretty sure it's staying. I'll keep an eye to see if someone has put out some gamescom footage that shows 5 man squads. I really doubt that they would revert it back to 4 man squads, though, since that change was done for competitive gaming and it would upset a lot of people if they reverted.
post #179 of 340
I want a BF5 in WW2 settings xD

just imagine, hundreds of comrades, entering German territory with today GFX xD
GTR-PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.3Ghz  ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Zotac SSD - WD 1TB (x2) Zalman Performa W10 64 Bits HP 2509 25" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidewinder X6 Thermaltake Smart 700w 80Plus CM Storm Enforcer Mionix Naos 3200 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
GTR-PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.3Ghz  ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Zotac SSD - WD 1TB (x2) Zalman Performa W10 64 Bits HP 2509 25" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidewinder X6 Thermaltake Smart 700w 80Plus CM Storm Enforcer Mionix Naos 3200 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #180 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR Mclaren View Post

I want a BF5 in WW2 settings xD

just imagine, hundreds of comrades, entering German territory with today GFX xD

I couldn't agree more i'd love to see a return to WWII on FB 2.0 or later. It would be pretty epic i think.
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [EA] Battlefield 4 News Bombardment