Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Worse Temps in Better Case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Worse Temps in Better Case - Page 3

post #21 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Could be almost anything. Maybe when you moved to new case something got changed in fan speeds.

I assume you are putting the side cover on and waiting 10-15minutes before checking idle temps. biggrin.gif

Waiting even longer actually. I run all the fans on 7V though, and with fans or without fans, the temps should still change. Weird that stopping the fans can have no difference to the GPU temps.
post #22 of 27
Guess it means the airflow around GPU is not keeping heated GPU exhaust air from mixing with airflow going to GPU intakes/fans. This is the kind of thing that the remote sensor indoor/outdoor thermometer comes in handy for.

If you leave the side cover off does GPU stay the same too?
post #23 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Guess it means the airflow around GPU is not keeping heated GPU exhaust air from mixing with airflow going to GPU intakes/fans. This is the kind of thing that the remote sensor indoor/outdoor thermometer comes in handy for.

If you leave the side cover off does GPU stay the same too?

Yep, whatever I do to the case, the GPU temp stays the same. Its as though its locked to a 36C min.
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuMyster View Post

Yep, whatever I do to the case, the GPU temp stays the same. Its as though its locked to a 36C min.

ok this is going to be a dumb question, did you change your GPU when you did the case swap? and if you did NOT change the GPU, did you run an alternate / more aggressive fan profile in the XPS? if you are giving it all that airflow, it's down to the GPU fan profile that's actually controlling the temp of your GPU at this point. there is no way in hell after all these changes you are getting worse temps.
post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclum View Post

ok this is going to be a dumb question, did you change your GPU when you did the case swap? and if you did NOT change the GPU, did you run an alternate / more aggressive fan profile in the XPS? if you are giving it all that airflow, it's down to the GPU fan profile that's actually controlling the temp of your GPU at this point. there is no way in hell after all these changes you are getting worse temps.

Haha, change my GPU? No. And i was running a constant 30% fan speed in that case which I am doing now. Both have my user defined profile enabled.
post #26 of 27
Thread Starter 
Well, afterburner is now miraculously reporting a 33C temp HOWEVER, there are spots on the graph where it is 0. For a second or even up to a minute. Im thinking something is wrong. Will a loose card result in wrong readings?
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Well now that summer has gone and its absolutely freezing in my room. The CPU is at 28C idle and the GPU is at 28 - 30C idle.
No OCs running atm since I took them off previously.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Worse Temps in Better Case