Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Other Hardware Mods › Cables and Sleeving › Repository Of Power Supply Pin Outs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Repository Of Power Supply Pin Outs. - Page 55

post #541 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darron View Post

Anyone know what the capacitor is for? Can I just remove it and connect the pins directly or should I connect them via the small capacitor?

Some pages ago I already posted a long post about the capacitors on the PSU cables, you may want to read it first.
Different PSU manufacturers use different explanations on why those caps are there but everyone uses the same ones with the same capacity, in my opinion it's pure marketing-bull****.
I removed all of the caps on my custom cables and up till now my system is running without any problems. My PSU didn't explode and my graphic card is still intact.

I can't even think of a plausible explanation on why a cap has to bridge the PWR_OK because the voltage on that wire doesn't need to be filtered or anything.

Edit: Just wanted to link you to my posting here
Obsidian
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce OC 4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT SATAIII 60GB Samsung EcoGreen F4 HD204UI Hitachi HDS 721010 Alphacool NexXxoS XP³ Light - Brass Black Chrome 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm Alphacool VPP655 PWM EK Water Blocks FB KIT ASUS R4BE - Nickel (Orig... Liquid Extasy Narrow Line Geforce 660 GTX Gigab... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Phobya Balancer 250 black nickel 4x Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition 3x Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung SyncMaster P2450 Super Flower Leadex 80+ Platinum 1000W Black Corsair Obsidian 800D Steelseries Sensei 
Mouse PadAudio
LogiLink Gaming Mouse Pad Plantronics Gamecom 777 
  hide details  
Reply
Obsidian
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce OC 4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT SATAIII 60GB Samsung EcoGreen F4 HD204UI Hitachi HDS 721010 Alphacool NexXxoS XP³ Light - Brass Black Chrome 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm Alphacool VPP655 PWM EK Water Blocks FB KIT ASUS R4BE - Nickel (Orig... Liquid Extasy Narrow Line Geforce 660 GTX Gigab... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Phobya Balancer 250 black nickel 4x Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition 3x Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung SyncMaster P2450 Super Flower Leadex 80+ Platinum 1000W Black Corsair Obsidian 800D Steelseries Sensei 
Mouse PadAudio
LogiLink Gaming Mouse Pad Plantronics Gamecom 777 
  hide details  
Reply
post #542 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatr0n View Post

Some pages ago I already posted a long post about the capacitors on the PSU cables, you may want to read it first.
Different PSU manufacturers use different explanations on why those caps are there but everyone uses the same ones with the same capacity, in my opinion it's pure marketing-bull****.
I removed all of the caps on my custom cables and up till now my system is running without any problems. My PSU didn't explode and my graphic card is still intact.

I can't even think of a plausible explanation on why a cap has to bridge the PWR_OK because the voltage on that wire doesn't need to be filtered or anything.

Edit: Just wanted to link you to my posting here
I actually have read that post smile.gif

I asked as my capactior is between the PWR_OK (pin 8) and a GND/COM (pin 7) which I found rather odd. (I also mentioned that in my post with my question wink.gif)

It's a really low end noname PSU at 310 watt. Actually pretty high amp on the 12volt, so might not be that low end, but it sure doesn't proclaim itself as something special.

I ended up taping the wires and capacitor up tight, but I would really like to jus remove it allthogether as I have shortened up everything else.
post #543 of 881
Pin out for a Antec HCP-850 Platinum here. If someone would be able to verify it that would be great.

post #544 of 881
Just some info for other members.

The Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W has 1:1 pinout on all cables except the modular PCI-E cables. Got this confirmed with Fractal Design support.
Quote:
On Mon, 20 Apr at 1:01 AM , bkvamme wrote:
Hi, Are there any double connections on the motherboard/PCIe cables? I.e, does any of the pins on the 24pin/6+2 plug have two cables connected to them, or are there one cable per pin? Also, what is the pinout for the modular cables? Is it 1:1, or are there double connections here aswell? Also, what is your warranty policy with regards to customers sleeving cables? Thank you!
Quote:
Hello,

On the modular PCI-E cable there are two leads connecting to one pin on the power supply side.
Other than that cable all others are 1:1.

Kind regards
XXX

Looks like a good PSU, only downside is that it is only semi-modular. However, for the price, 80PLUS Platinum, and a 9.4 at jonnyguru.com, I can live with that.
post #545 of 881
Hey Everyone,

I got the sleeve bug since I have a new build. I got a Corsair 860i and started on the 24 pin cord first since it takes the longest. This is my first time doing this and one rookie mistake I made was not labeling the wires as I went along so there is a little bit of confusion.

All of the cables are still originally connected on the PSU side. I made another diagram of exactly where the numbers are from the direction seen in the example.





Forgive me if this is a stupid question but how are the cables connected from one side to the other? If you have pin 1 on the PSU, do you connect it to pin 1 on the mobo side? I did not make any connections because I was afraid that for example pin 1 might be originally connected to pin 3 on the other side and so on.

Thanks for your help! redface.gif
post #546 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by casp View Post

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but how are the cables connected from one side to the other?

The pinout for the 1200I, AX860I, and AX760I is in the first post of the thread. The photo shows wire voltages by colour, and the pencil & paper diagram (front view, looking into the pins) shows which number MB pin connects to which number on the PSU.
Lori Lemaris 023
(21 items)
 
Felicity Harmon
(23 items)
 
Moneypenny
(12 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Lori Lemaris 023
(21 items)
 
Felicity Harmon
(23 items)
 
Moneypenny
(12 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #547 of 881
I did see and have gone over that, but it was just a bit confusing and I wanted to make sure that I was along the correct lines. Thanks again.
Edited by casp - 5/12/15 at 1:54pm
post #548 of 881
bonjour!

je recherche un schémas de branchement atx 20+4 pin motherboard vars 14pin psu et 10pin psu ?


hello!
I want a connection diagrams ATX 20 + 4 pin motherboard and vars 14pin psu 10pin psu?


cordialement
cordially
post #549 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by casp View Post

Hey Everyone,

I got the sleeve bug since I have a new build. I got a Corsair 860i and started on the 24 pin cord first since it takes the longest. This is my first time doing this and one rookie mistake I made was not labeling the wires as I went along so there is a little bit of confusion.

All of the cables are still originally connected on the PSU side. I made another diagram of exactly where the numbers are from the direction seen in the example.





Forgive me if this is a stupid question but how are the cables connected from one side to the other? If you have pin 1 on the PSU, do you connect it to pin 1 on the mobo side? I did not make any connections because I was afraid that for example pin 1 might be originally connected to pin 3 on the other side and so on.

Thanks for your help! redface.gif

You can also download a .pdf document that I made for my AXi series if you like

http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/repository-of-power-supply-pin-outs/460_20#post_23120508
post #550 of 881
Sweet! Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cables and Sleeving
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Other Hardware Mods › Cables and Sleeving › Repository Of Power Supply Pin Outs.