Originally Posted by Yukla
So far I've gathered this info
1. Overclocking will not help much in games?
2. The 3770k should break 4.5 EASILY
3. The 3770k will hardly break 4.4
4. Something about stress test settings
LOL, ok I'll try to simplify this.
1) Games are mostly held back by your graphics card, not CPU. Unless your CPU is a real POS, or the game is very CPU intensive.
2 & 3) It depends processor to processor. I'll bet you can brake 4.2 on air cooling, 4.4 on water cooling, and 4.5+ if you delid.
4) stress testing is subjective, different people say different things. Always been like that, always will be. Some people consider 2 hours of Prime95 stable, others consider anything less then 12 hours of prime95 not stable. When you overclock, you have to raise voltage, if you leave your voltage regulation on Adaptive (it lowers volts when not using your processor at 100%) it can cause your processor to use more voltage then you set when it does hit 100%. So for stress testing it's safer to use manual voltage settings only.