Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › FX-8350 paired with Evga SC GTX 770 SLI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FX-8350 paired with Evga SC GTX 770 SLI - Page 4

post #31 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

i bet its a driver problem. if the issue exists even when just using one card, then you need to check with other owners of the card (s), which driver is best for BF3.

i hope you are not using 320.18.

what are your temps btw (cpu and gpus - core and vrms) in BF3? Do you mind running 3DMark11 with just one card?

I've posted some temps. And no, I don't mind.. I'll do that after work tomorrow.. gotta be up ay 7am.. and this is the second night In a row now I've been up this laye trying to find some light at the end of this tunnel.
post #32 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

I've posted some temps. And no, I don't mind.. I'll do that after work tomorrow.. gotta be up ay 7am.. and this is the second night In a row now I've been up this laye trying to find some light at the end of this tunnel.

i moved the HDD cable to sata 6 'cause the 7950's lenght. after this moved my amd rig started getting laggy, especially in games where it doesn't use to be. switch it back to sata1 - problem went away.

your chip at 4.5 is stronger than my thuban at 4GHz. this is what i get paired with a 7970 in a 64-man server (kharg). 1080 Ultra (all) with 4MSAA



7970 stock. i would not dare crossfire in this rig, though.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

i moved the HDD cable to sata 6 'cause the 7950's lenght. after this moved my amd rig started getting laggy, especially in games where it doesn't use to be. switch it back to sata1 - problem went away.

your chip at 4.5 is stronger than my thuban at 4GHz. this is what i get paired with a 7970 in a 64-man server (kharg). 1080 Ultra (all) with 4MSAA



7970 stock. i would not dare crossfire in this rig, though.

See..what the heck! How are you out performing me!? What program did you use to get that?

When I get home today from work, I'm gonna take out thesecond card and see what happens. I hate that this I happening.. was looking forward to some great gaming with 800 $ in cards now 1500$ in to so called "upgrades"
post #34 of 124
i suspect one of the following:

1. your system is throttling because of high temp. check not just cpu temp but the board temps. also, make sure the gpu core and vrm temps at load do not exceed 80C. although, i've seen mine go all the way up to 100C wihout issues.

2. see if moving the your HDD/SSD cables to another sata slot will make a difference.

3. Driver. ask here . . .

http://www.overclock.net/t/1396319/official-gtx-770-owners-club

try to get things straight first with one gpu. run 3DMark11 and compare with other similar systems.

anyway, you need excel and a program called FRAPS to record fps. turn all other programs off and just use these two when you game.

http://www.hwinfo.com/

http://www.fraps.com/

i hit F11(default) to record fps and is saved automatically. pretty straight and real easy to use. start recording when you are in the middle of battle and strive to stay alive (hard in 64).
Edited by rdr09 - 8/23/13 at 5:59am
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

i suspect one of the following:

1. your system is throttling because of high temp. check not just cpu temp but the board temps. also, make sure the gpu core and vrm temps at load do not exceed 80C. although, i've seen mine go all the way up to 100C wihout issues.

2. see if moving the your HDD/SSD cables to another sata slot will make a difference.

3. Driver. ask here . . .

http://www.overclock.net/t/1396319/official-gtx-770-owners-club

try to get things straight first with one gpu. run 3DMark11 and compare with other similar systems.

anyway, you need excel and a program called FRAPS to record fps. turn all other programs off and just use these two when you game.

http://www.hwinfo.com/

http://www.fraps.com/

i hit F11(default) to record fps and is saved automatically. pretty straight and real easy to use. start recording when you are in the middle of battle and strive to stay alive (hard in 64).

I shouldn't have an issue with heat. I'm running the h100 on my cpu and my case is the corsair carbine 540 air. I have my ssds in the back side long with my psu.. the only hdd that's in the main part of the rig is my storage 1tb hd. And that sits at the bottom of the case out of the way of anything.
post #36 of 124
Thread Starter 
Also.. might I add.. my computer is in a cement basement which stays rather cool its self.
post #37 of 124
Thread Starter 
This is before I put the new graphics card in



This is after


As you can see.. there really isn't anything blocking air flow.
post #38 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

This is before I put the new graphics card in



This is after Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As you can see.. there really isn't anything blocking air flow.

very nice. i like it. those gpu stock cooler looks very much like the windforce's and should blow hot air to the side of the case, i believe. just check all your temps with HwInfo64. Check your Mainboard temp and try the next older driver or drivers.

run a 3DMark11 using one gpu please with the cpu oc'ed and keep HwInfo running.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

very nice. i like it. those gpu stock cooler looks very much like the windforce's and should blow hot air to the side of the case, i believe. just check all your temps with HwInfo64. Check your Mainboard temp and try the next older driver or drivers.

run a 3DMark11 using one gpu please with the cpu oc'ed and keep HwInfo running.

Yup, I'll def do all of this after work. I'm still just trying to trouble shoot In my head while being away from the house ha

Btw, thank you to everyone thus far with you effort to help and your input! Very much appreciated!
post #40 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post



Call me crazy but your CPU clock is at 3.99 in this screen shot and to the right you can see the part labeled "Maximum Speed: 4.08 GHz" which if you had a stable overclock and all power saving features turned off it should read 4.5 GHz no matter what... so there's some sort of issue with your overclock or there's throttling of some sort. Check out this guide. I'd reset the motherboard to default and then start from scratch just to make sure. I have the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 with my 8350 and I have mine overclocked to 4.6 GHz, LLC High, vcore 1.4 (which is probably too much, I'll be changing that to 4.8 soon). Something seems quite wonky, I'd start from scratch and follow the guide to make sure your settings are solid... 2cents.gif
Ryzen Furiously
(19 items)
 
Lappy-top
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Asus PRIME X370-PRO Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO OC+ 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200MHz F4-3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX300 750GB (Windows 7 Home Premium) Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe 240GB (Games) Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD DT01ACA200 (Software RAID) Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD DT01ACA200 (Software RAID) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT 4 x Phanteks PH-F140XP_BK Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit QNIX QX2710LED 27" 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero 2108S Brown Switches Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Fractal Design Define S Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar U7 Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Gaming Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 HP Generic nVidia GeForce 9200M GS 4096 MB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB Blu-Ray ROM Manjaro 16.10 stable 15.4" WXGA 1280X800 
Keyboard
Chiclet 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Furiously
(19 items)
 
Lappy-top
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Asus PRIME X370-PRO Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO OC+ 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200MHz F4-3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX300 750GB (Windows 7 Home Premium) Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe 240GB (Games) Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD DT01ACA200 (Software RAID) Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD DT01ACA200 (Software RAID) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT 4 x Phanteks PH-F140XP_BK Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit QNIX QX2710LED 27" 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero 2108S Brown Switches Cooler Master V1200 Platinum Fractal Design Define S Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar U7 Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Gaming Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 HP Generic nVidia GeForce 9200M GS 4096 MB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB Blu-Ray ROM Manjaro 16.10 stable 15.4" WXGA 1280X800 
Keyboard
Chiclet 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › FX-8350 paired with Evga SC GTX 770 SLI